CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

lol yes, but only Ola's head and the Halo screen (Destiny was on the screen)

You know you've done good work when people actually take it seriously. lol

(Damage/Deaths):

Snipedown 9817/63 = 156

Roy 9408/60 = 157

Commonly 9187/60 = 153

Lunchbox 8609/65 = 132

Royal 2 9905/41 = 242

Snakebite 10382/54 = 192

Frosty 10082/57 = 177

Lethul 9847/63 =156

Ohh, I like this.

I was struggling to find the right way to track this stat because:

- Damage Dealt will be higher for players who play more games in a tournament

- Average wouldn't work because Breakout damage is significantly lower than other gametypes, making the number really strange.

But Damage/Deaths (D/D) I think works pretty well. So I think I might just start tracking this for Xgames/Regionals and on.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

https://twitter.com/MrAdamAp/status/691715271392755712

So I'm guessing rules and stuff is by the HWC staff then.

Well you know judging from their tweets and responses to issues (or lack thereof) I pretty much knew that the entire fubar setup was related to them. There is just no way anyone with actual experience with tournament organization and Halo in particular would set things up like this.

not sure if this is common knowledge or not but roy confirmed on stream that halo 5 will be his last competitive halo. "not even if the next halo is the best halo yet" =/

Did he say why?

Yep, Roy confirmed on stream that this is probably his last Halo. Doesn't want to compete when he is 30 and wants to start "doing other things" (probably his electrician stuff). Can't really see the scene without Roy and probably 2rge, soon. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maniacs eye's in that video, they looked pretty glossy to me...

He was gettnig turnt after losing i'm guessing.  He opened the video drinking a beer.

Hecz is a stand up guy.

Yep, Roy confirmed on stream that this is probably his last Halo. Doesn't want to compete when he is 30 and wants to start "doing other things" (probably his electrician stuff). Can't really see the scene without Roy and probably 2rge, soon.

Makes sense. Don't blame him

Whats the team that optic said "host booted" them? and who did they play before that "lagged out"?

Josh Holmes posted this in the H5 thread regarding Breakout

Josh Holmes is clearly lying to save face. Every top team has commented in each stream/through mic chatter that they all detest Breakout, both while playing the game mode and outside of it.

Just like the whole "11% of players don't like Sprint" lie before Halo 5 dropped......

Stop serving trash, Josh Holmes/@@Sal1ent

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I wonder what team FS has in mind to play with if Maniac doesn't want to compete?

Also, the thought of Roy retiring makes me sad :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also Jwong plays a shit ton of other fighters.  I think SF5 might bring him back, but who knows.

And for those who don't know, he's on the EG roster.

OT yeah, but he seems to play pretty casual. I think he cares more about MvC3 than Ultra. Where as guys like Tokido play other FGs seriously and place well

edit: With that said Justin Wong did win EVO last year in MvC3

BUt either way. in the eSports world knowledge and decision making is the difference maker. Age isn't something that is a huge consideration. Sako won Capcom Cup 2 years ago. He was the oldest guy in that tournament

• Upvote (+1) 1

Isnt Lunch the electrician and Roy was going to Nursing school?

yeah I believe you are correct. Hearing about Roy retiring after H5 is saddening. Hope he changes his mind  :(

Oh same couple haters calling Og2 washed up??

People were saying the same thing back in H3 2008-2009. And then he went on to be an essential part of the most dominant H3 and Reach team (a team that dropped a single game over two tournaments). 

You don't get carried to an event win and top 2 placings. It simply doesn't happen. Absolute rubbish and I'm interested in seeing how things will play out.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Frosty joining Optic in place of Maniac.

Maniac joining with APG and Formal and Lxthul.

Ogre 2 to EG.

I can't sleep.

shout out to @@Plusminuss for getting his conspiracy post read by @SStellur on Vision Ep 10 lol

• Upvote (+1) 4