CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

When someone is trying to compare Ogre 2 on CLG and Michael Jordan on the Wizards but you run out of Neg rep

giphy.gif

Dont worry, I gave you some of mine.  :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just want 2gre to win so he can have an event win in every Halo to come out. (Except Halo 4 because who even counts that game?)

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Technically yes.

But EG looked better against clg than ae did IMO.

I'm not gonna sleep on them. Commonly really proved me wrong. He might be the best player on that team, or at least he looked like one of EGs best this weekend.

We'll have to keep an eye on Commonly. It will be very interesting to see how it goes at X-Games

Hah.

Here's the thing I never understood with eSports: your average sports fan can comprehend that Jordan at nearly 40 (or Kobe today) clearly isn't a top player anymore.  It doesn't tarnish their legacy by stating the obvious.  Your average sports fan isn't going to argue that Kobe today is still better than Steph Curry when he quite clearly isn't.

eSports? Its like people stick their heads in the sand and like to pretend like their hero's from 10 years ago are still as good as they once were.  There were numerous people on here who were seriously arguing that CLG's problems pre-Cloud being dropped were caused by Royal 2 and Snakebite.  Seriously.  The two players who were clearly head and shoulders above their at the time teammates.  There are people on here who literally probably believe that a player like Gandhi could just pick up the controller again and start dominating with a little practice.

The Pro's who actually play this game KNOW that this isn't the case.  I've seen Ace say on his stream that players like Frosty would still be elite had they been around for H3, yet "new talent" is almost looked down upon as a BAD thing by the general "fan" who spectates at home with so many of these fans downplaying these new players.  This is hurting the scene; its the exact opposite of what you want for further growth: you need to build up the next waves of young stars who will carry the mantle moving forward.  That is how every sport in the world works.  Tom Brady and Peyton Manning aren't going to carry the NFL forever.

Okay, so by the sounds of it you don't actually understand the other side's argument & you just like to shit talk the people who argue that side poorly. I won't argue that current Ogre2 is as good or better than '07 Ogre2. Ogre 2 competed in 1 event from 2012 until the MCC launch invitational. That was more than 2 years. His mechanics won't be the same. He may slowly be getting them back but he has always been a smart player position-wise & he had great mechanics to back it up. He doesn't have the same great mechanics he had way back when. He has lost that aspect of his play. His overall experience helps him make up for that. He isn't the best player on the circuit but he is still a smart player & that can make him out play his opponents without having a superior aim.

Is Lethul a better player? Probably. Does Ogre2 deserve to be no higher than a top 8 team? No. I think at the moment he deserves to be on a Top 3-Top5 team. He isn't the best in the game. Most people get that. He still isn't a bad player that will hold most teams back.

He has a mobile set up. 

Here he is a McDonalds.

Ola_Mc_Don.jpg

no way LOL. that's hilarious but I also feel bad. Does he live in a mega-rural area with limited internet options or something?

the drive to play could be more relevant tho. He clearly has the iq for Halo. It could be the game. 

Age isn't a factor in gaming. Daigo is in his 30's and is still arguably the best player in the world in Street Fighter where execution and reaction timing is important.

JUst used the Daigo example than saw your post. Age is irrelevant for the most part. I think it's the hunger that makes the player great. Daigo still really enjoys SF. It seems like Justin Wong tho isn't feeling it as much as he used to tho which is why we still see Daigo place high at tournaments and Justin Wong not so much. Tho he's always a threat to anyone

Also Jwong plays a shit ton of other fighters.  I think SF5 might bring him back, but who knows.

And for those who don't know, he's on the EG roster.

He has a mobile set up. 

Here he is a McDonalds.

Ola_Mc_Don.jpg

Is this photoshopped?

edit - on desktop now, yes it is.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really hope that's the case.

Yeah. Diesel was in the call when Arkanum was streaming yesterday. He was reading all of the "Ola doesn't play" posts and wasn't very happy about them.

He said something similar to: "They really don't understand the smurf account grind do they?"

I'll try to find the rebroadcast time when I get home.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He has a mobile set up. 

Here he is a McDonalds.

Ola_Mc_Don.jpg

What the fuck?  :walshy: That is awesome & hilarious. Playing on the free wi-fi. Audley said he always knew how to give himself an advantage on his opponents  :ghost:

Ayyy the Beyond Forums up on Stellurs Laptop in the video.

Edit... Damn beat me to it.

Is this photoshopped?

ok thank god. I was on mobile and only saw a smaller pic

Is this photoshopped?

lol yes, but only Ola's head and the Halo screen (Destiny was on the screen)

not sure if this is common knowledge or not but roy confirmed on stream that halo 5 will be his last competitive halo. "not even if the next halo is the best halo yet" =/