CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Who is the most disappointing team this season?

Its hard for me to say that its not any and all iterations of NV. 

That actually can't be argued. They are by far the most disappointing.

What are you guys talking about?

EnVy:

- Team Beyond 4v4 Tournament: Won

- Qualifier #1: 2nd place

- Qualifier #2: Out in 4th round because of the broken rules, which DQ'd them from APG lagging out.

- Qualifier #3: Top 16 finish losing to Elevate. Disappointing, but expected with the little practice they were doing.

- Qualifier #4: Top 8, lost to EG

- Qualifier #5: Out in 4th round after complete roster overhaul. LifeStyle/BabyJ aren't bad players. Still to an extent, disappointing.

I think yes, if you expected them to be Top 2 before the season, it's kind of a disappointment. But, looking at how the team got derailed from lagout issues and little practice time, I'm fully surprised they were still able to get the #6 seed.

Other teams in these crappy situations didn't fair nearly as well (see Optic, not Top 15. Winterfox, 14th place).

And this is a roster that imo, can definitely contend for Top 2, if given practice time.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Excellent start m'memer. Here, have a positive reputation point from myself, a fellow forum user.

33z5w5x.gif

• Upvote (+1) 9

Am I the only one who isn't on this "CLG is love, CLG is life" bandwagon? 

For all of H2A, and most of H5 they were like #1, #2, #3 when it came to online qualifiers and LAN placings.

That is pretty damn good.

The question is, does Lxthul add that much more than Ogre 2? I guess we will find out at X Games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I assume he could, he could do objective stats and medal stats too, it just takes a longer for every stat you add in and most people are mainly interested in kd.

I was hoping to run some stats myself but I can't seem to find damage stats on the halotracker website.  Actually, there is an ability to find frag, power weapon, and beatdown damage, but NOT primary--unless I am just missing it somewhere.

EnVy:

- Qualifier #2: Out in 4th round because of the broken rules, which DQ'd them from APG lagging out.

- Qualifier #3: Top 16 finish losing to Elevate. Disappointing, but expected with the little practice they were doing.

- Qualifier #5: Out in 4th round after complete roster overhaul. LifeStyle/BabyJ aren't bad players. Still to an extent, disappointing.

I think yes, if you expected them to be Top 2 before the season, it's kind of a disappointment. But, looking at how the team got derailed from lagout issues and little practice time, I'm fully surprised they were still able to get the #6 seed.

Other teams in these crappy situations didn't fair nearly as well (see Optic, not Top 15. Winterfox, 14th place).

And this is a roster that imo, can definitely contend for Top 2, if given practice time.

I would agree that the roster could contend for top 2, but I don't see how any other team could be considered more disappointing. People knew from the get go that Optic didn't even play the game for a month after release, Winterfox has had about a half dozen different lineups it seems and I dont think many people had that high of expectations in the first place. Immediately after hearing of the roster people said top 2 for sure, and whether or not they lagged out(which does really suck), I don't think it's even close for another team to have disappointed more so far.

• Upvote (+1) 1

EnVy:

I think the main problem is ola not playing as much. he is only sr rank 50 and averages less than an hour a day. its like he doesnt like this game and is only playing it because he is sponsered by envy and has too. maybe playing with ogre wll get him more motivated

I was hoping to run some stats myself but I can't seem to find damage stats on the halotracker website.  Actually, there is an ability to find frag, power weapon, and beatdown damage, but NOT primary--unless I am just missing it somewhere.

halo5arena.com shows damage dealt.

• Upvote (+1) 2

2gre performs when it matters the most 

in the last 7 LAN HCS majors only placed outside the top 2 once and won the first 

now compare that with wizard's michael jordan..

tumblr_m6njtkRMcj1ry8drfo1_r1_400.gif

He has aligned himself alongside the best players in the game.  That is what he does.  Once Pistola started falling off, he went and hitched himself to the brightest duo in the scene...the same kids that he saw firsthand take down his Halo Reach "God Squad" as 15/16 year olds.  In Halo 3 it was Ola and FearitSelf.  His name is so established that he never had problems drawing the brightest up-and-coming stars to team with him; as he declines that will diminish as you are seeing now wherein the real stars of the team realized that they could upgrade by replacing him.

Wizards Michael Jordan was playing on a bad team.  How can you even make that comparison? If you took Washington Wizard MJ and put him on today's Golden State Warriors, washed-out MJ would be winning just like 2gre has been winning.  This is a team competition.  Put 2gre on Optic and he doesn't come even close to sniffing Top 2.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

2gre performs when it matters the most 

in the last 7 LAN HCS majors he's only placed outside the top 2 once and won the first 

now compare that with wizard's michael jordan..

tumblr_m6njtkRMcj1ry8drfo1_r1_400.gif

tumblr_lrtgx3kR7v1r0pc43o1_400.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

He has aligned himself alongside the best players in the game.  That is what he does.  Once Pistola started falling off, he went and hitched himself to the brightest duo in the scene...the same kids that he saw firsthand take down his Halo Reach "God Squad" as 15/16 year olds.  In Halo 3 it was Ola and FearitSelf.  His name is so established that he never had problems drawing the brightest up-and-coming stars to team with him; as he declines that will diminish as you are seeing now wherein the real stars of the team realized that they could upgrade by replacing him.

Wizards Michael Jordan was playing on a bad team.  How can you even make that comparison? If you took Washington Wizard MJ and put him on today's Golden State Warriors, washed-out MJ would be winning just like 2gre has been winning.  This is a team competition.  Put 2gre on Optic and he doesn't come even close to sniffing Top 2.

You could pick any single player and put him on optic for any of their current players and they wouldnt sniff top 2.

LOL. I know my take on 2gre is an unpopular opinion but the reality is 2gre = Washington Wizards Michael Jordan. 

Still the best player ever, but is a shell of his former self. 

I was going to post the exact same thing about 2 days ago.  Much respect to the GOAT

I know I posted this once, but it got swollen up by all the posts. Bad timing on my part.

It's been a while since Canada has a big Halo event. So Toronto is having one at the end of April. If anyone wants to make the trip up and renew their passports would love to see you all there! (Considering how crappy the Canadian dollar is a Team Pass is extremely cheap aha)

Also, this guy is coming! 

• Upvote (+1) 6

You do realize his teammates also need want to team with him?

If he sucked the top guys wouldn't be playing with him. Why should they? They could just pick someone better they wouldn't have to carry.

I don't really understand how dropping him from CLG made any sense on their part either. If he wouldn't have been a good fit, why did they get first place at a qualifier, and why was he on that team for years? If he really was the problem, he should have gotten the boot much earlier.

Replacing Ogre 2 with Lethul really isn't going to do much for CLG gameplay wise. He's probably a better slayer than Ogre 2, but that was never ever a problem for CLG.

What they are really profiting from is that Lethul left EG and shook up nearly every other teams roster.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

You could pick any single player and put him on optic for any of their current players and they wouldnt sniff top 2.

Exactly.  So why talk as if it is impressive that 2gre placed 2nd/3rd a bunch of times playing alongside two Top 5 players, and a kid in Frosty that probably isn't that far out of the Top 5 himself?  His role on that team was basically to not do anything too stupid, which admittedly he is very good at as he is always the same old consistent Ogre 2.  He isn't a Top 2-3 player HIMSELF anymore; hence why when EG was looking for one they went and took a kid with literally zero LAN accomplishments over him.  And don't give me some crap about EG not wanting another "chef in the kitchen"...they picked Commonly because he is BETTER than 2gre in this game.  BETTER.  They even went to headcase Naded who has never materialized a win on LAN over 2gre.  We are in 2016, not 2006 anymore.  I don't know how many times I have to say this.

You blind homers are acting like the realists who actually know what they are talking about are kicking your dog or something.  2gre is a ~Top 8 player at this point, that isn't an insult and in itself it is extremely impressive for a guy literally pushing 30 who is still competing in a game that is drastically different from the ones he dominated.  Like anything, his dominance at the top will have ended.  He's not good enough anymore that he can just go and grab Roy/Lunchbox or Royal 2/Snakebite.  Does anyone think he's going to be competing for ~Top 2 now that he's on nV? I don't.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Is that supposed to be impressive playing alongside three of the best players in the game?  Even Ninja, who almost everyone here assumes 'sucks', could have replicated those placings had he been on CLG.

The reality about 2gre in this game is that he is a ~Top 8 player who was playing on a ~Top 2 team.  Does he suck? No, but the only thing that even kept him on that roster for that long was his name.

Actually, if it wasn't for OGRE2 there would be no CLG Halo, hence that roster would not exist

EDIT: i don't know why its showing as highlighted, don't know how to fix it