CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Is that supposed to be impressive playing alongside three of the best players in the game?  Even Ninja, who almost everyone here assumes 'sucks', could have replicated those placings had he been on CLG.

The reality about 2gre in this game is that he is a ~Top 8 player who was playing on a ~Top 2 team.  Does he suck? No, but the only thing that even kept him on that roster for that long was his name.

You're irrelevant bruh. Don't speak to me peasant. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Commonly is a fairly new up and comer. Really good player, not sure if he was the best choice, but he looked good yesterday. Ola so far hasn't looked great but I wouldn't be surprised if he was by regionals.

Ola not looking that great? Is the hunger gone or is the game? Because he's been godlike in every Halo he's played

People were down on him as the choice to replace Lethul, but I think he proved he belonged last night.  Was there possibly a better option?  Maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised if EG looks much stronger with the other three less tilted and some more practice time in as a to4.

They should've picked up T2

To me @@Ninja is like that amazingly talented dual threat QB that will amaze you with some plays and make you facepalm with others. If he could figure out how to stay patient... take the check down for 1st instead of the deep bomb they don't actually need, then ninja could be one of the best current H5 players IMO.

I just wish he would make the safe plays that the team needs to stay in the game and save the crazy stuff for emergencies.

So basically, he's Jay Cutler.  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just made my account so please take it easy on me. 

The past few days is the most into the Halo scene I have been in a long time. (Thanks Lethul)

Really excited for the X-Games next weekend. I hope they can use their new rosters. I don't think anyone wins by forcing them to play with their teams pre-hurricane lethul. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

STORIES BRING VIEWERS

We reached our highest viewership peak since the start of the HWC season last night. 

Let's hope 343 realizes this and makes some videos on these kind of things before events/matches. Last night felt surreal.

The EG vs CLG match was the greatest Halo I've watched since Noble Black vs CLG. Can't wait for the rematch at X-Games.

Basically? Thanks @@LethuL

This.

That game 5 of rig ts was so intense, i feel like snipedown maybe had a bit too much emotion running through him but nonetheless it was a good game, i thought for a brief moment EG would clutch it but man.... the slaying power of clg is disgusting and royal 2 does. not. miss.

Really hope commonly works out on Eg, but im just enjoying some amazing H5 regardless of who is winning

• Upvote (+1) 1

Plot twist: X Games decides the pre-hurricane rosters were the ones invited, not the new rosters, so everyone has to go back to their former teams in order to play in the tournament.

STORIES BRING VIEWERS

We reached our highest viewership peak since the start of the HWC season last night. 

Can't help but feel this was entirely my doing  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 5

200 pages back aka 3 days ago  :weback: I believe @Lenox asked if rostermania is a good thing for Halo. If yesterdays viewership numbers and the insane amount of posts on this forum are any indication, I would say it was EXACTLY what the scene needed. Sometimes things desperately need turned upside down so that we're not just content with the status quo. These guys are gunning for a large piece of a $2.5 million dollar prize pool. You would be stupid not to try to find the best possible team you can find that gives you the most optimal chance at winning life changing money. Its not shade, its business. Its not selling out, its buying in. Good on all the guys who made changes that they thought better their opportunity. You do you when that kind of money is on the line. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just made my account so please take it easy on me. 

The past few days is the most into the Halo scene I have been in a long time. (Thanks Lethul)

Really excited for the X-Games next weekend. I hope they can use their new rosters. I don't think anyone wins by forcing them to play with their teams pre-hurricane lethul. 

Welcome sir.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Plot twist: X Games decides the pre-hurricane rosters were the ones invited, not the new rosters, so everyone has to go back to their former teams in order to play in the tournament.

I kind of want that to happen. It would be too funny

I can't believe how hyped i was during the CLG - EG match, I haven't felt that way in a very, very long time, I'm talking late Halo 3

• Upvote (+1) 1

Last night was the most intriguing Halo that I have seen in awhile.  I feel like the game has some of the rivalries it needs to make it interesting. Hopefully this will continue to slingshot in more viewers so that the HWC is the biggest ever

Honestly it shouldve been that way. Allowing rosters to change after X-games invites were sent out is a joke, and allowed players like posey and juicyfruit to get absolutely screwed.

The Vision is going to be so dope this week!

The amount of awkwardness w/Stellur still at the Optic Scuff House is going to be epic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm a big @@Ninja fan. I noticed watching scrims lately that when he get's critiqued by his teammates it tends to make him pissy. This is not all bad however, he goes all sissy la la bedwetter for about 30 seconds and then plays the game like an absolute monster. Somehow he just needs to figure out how to tap into that anger/whatever without having his ass chewed for dumb plays. He will get quiet (still communicates well) and just wreck with his team.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Snipedown practiced betrayals last night just for this possibility

• Upvote (+1) 8

I can't believe how hyped i was during the CLG - EG match, I haven't felt that way in a very, very long time, I'm talking late Halo 3

Dude when @@Roy was screaming I was fuckin amped!!!! lol It was so nice. That game 5 could've gone either way. 

Snipedown practiced betrayals last night just for this possibility

Ninja booted Commonly a day or two ago when Leftovers scrimmed EG. I'm guessing that was also just practice for X Games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The fellow doesn't resonate with me for some reason. Nothing agaisnt him, but Roy, Ninja, Snipedown, Lethul, Victory, and Spartan are my current top faves.

I have no idea what that means but if that's just your opinion then fair enough 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know you have neg rep for this, but its 1000000000% correct. If there is a more over rated player in H5 than Ogre2 I have no idea who it is (unless were counting Ola). Apparently everything should be given to him. He didnt make the X-games because he wasnt good enough to make the X-Games. 2gre is most certainly the GOAT. 41 tournament wins blah blah blah, but this is a new game and he isnt even half as good at it as the guy who replaced him or anyone else on the CLG roster. I have been saying since post 1 of mine that people should forget what they know about past placings and reputations from other Halo titles. This game is different.

Allegiance is GREAT. Not good, but great. They grind harder than anyone else and they are in the finals seemingly every week. People dont like them because of Cratos but Cratos is a damn good player and Naded may be arguably the best Halo 5 player. This whole idea that they will choke in a LAN setting is crazy. No one has any idea how they will play on LAN, in front of a crowd in this NEW game. The way that they have played through this season so far should hold more weight than anything else. They will place top 4 at minimum. 

inbefore allegiance loses to nv at some point, lol you jinxed it bud

• Upvote (+1) 2

inbefore allegiance loses to nv at some point, lol you jinxed it bud

LOL. I know my take on 2gre is an unpopular opinion but the reality is 2gre = Washington Wizards Michael Jordan. 

Still the best player ever, but is a shell of his former self. 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1