CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

1. You saying ogre 2 isn't going to X-games because he isn't good enough is a flat out joke. He was on CLG for the first 4 qualifiers and showed he's still plenty good enough to compete with the top teams.

2. Allegiance is not great. The only right in your paragraph is that Naded is possibly the best halo 5 player right now. They win the trash gametypes(or take free wins like cowards).

Ogre2 and this NV team were beaten early yesterday. Ogre 2 benefited from playing with 3 of the best players in the game in Snakebite, Royal 2 and Frosty. If you think he is as good now as he has ever been, than nothing I or anyone else can say will change that for you. Good player, not great anymore. It is what it is.

Allegiance is the 1 seed unless I am in some parallel universe and this idea that they win trash game types only is laughable. You dont snag the one seed after qualifiers if you only win trash game types. Come on man.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

STORIES BRING VIEWERS

We reached our highest viewership peak since the start of the HWC season last night. 

Let's hope 343 realizes this and makes some videos on these kind of things before events/matches. Last night felt surreal.

The EG vs CLG match was the greatest Halo I've watched since Noble Black vs CLG. Can't wait for the rematch at X-Games.

Basically? Thanks @@LethuL

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

1. You saying ogre 2 isn't going to X-games because he isn't good enough is a flat out joke. He was on CLG for the first 4 qualifiers and showed he's still plenty good enough to compete with the top teams.

I think his point was that the :goat: was getting carried by Royal2/Snakebite and that he was holding the team back. I'm not sure if I agree, but we'll find out this season, won't we?  :prayers:

Gonna have to agree with Floyd on this one. Then again this isn't really about opinion. CLG placed top 8 in all the qualifiers, top 4 twice, and won the third qualifier with 2gre. The guy earned a place at the X Games. Fact. Unfortunately, he won't be going because, ya know... shadiness.

Listen, I get that people think CLG improved with Lethul and all that. Cool. Pretty good argument for it too. But 2gre earned a spot at X Games. This isn't arguable.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Royal 2 is beastly. Not a fan, but respect his skills.

Ogre2 and this NV team were beaten early yesterday. Ogre 2 benefited from playing with 3 of the best players in the game in Snakebite, Royal 2 and Frosty. If you think he is as good now as he has ever been, than nothing I or anyone else can say will change that for you. Good player, not great anymore. It is what it is.

Allegiance is the 1 seed unless I am in some parallel universe and this idea that they win trash game types only is laughable. You dont snag the one seed after qualifiers if you only win trash game types. Come on man.

I'm not saying he's as good as he ever was, absolutely not saying that. I am saying that he is plenty good to play at x games and is better than a number of players going. And I honestly believe that allegiance will choke on Lan and aside from Naded, are not very good.

I'm not saying he's as good as he ever was, absolutely not saying that. I am saying that he is plenty good to play at x games and is better than a number of players going. And I honestly believe that allegiance will choke on Lan and aside from Naded, are not very good.

If you would have just made the first point without adding the bolded, I may have been inclined to agree, but only because Dream Team is going and I believe OGre2 may, I said MAY, be better than anyone on that team (still debatable IMO). 

But adding the part that I bolded is pure hyperbole and takes away from your point about 2gre. Those other 3 guys on Allegiance are good players or they wouldnt be where they are right now. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you would have just made the first point without adding the bolded, I may have been inclined to agree, but only because Dream Team is going and I believe OGre2 may, I said MAY, be better than anyone on that team (still debatable IMO). 

But adding the part that I bolded is pure hyperbole and takes away from your point about 2gre. Those other 3 guys on Allegiance are good players or they wouldnt be where they are right now. 

Have they been pretty good online? Yes. Have they taken a number of free wins against good teams? Yes. Have they won a large chunk of their games against good teams in either breakout or slayer? Yes. Unless they go out and get top 2 at X-games I won't think they're a top team. I guess we shall see this weekend.

P.S. Not trying to be a dick, just disagree with your opinion :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Who is Commonly and is he worthy of being on a monster team like that? I stopped watching/following competitive Halo for the past 2-3 years 

Ola should've just went back to EG? 

Who is Commonly and is he worthy of being on a monster team like that? I stopped watching/following competitive Halo for the past 2-3 years 

Commonly is a fairly new up and comer. Really good player, not sure if he was the best choice, but he looked good yesterday. Ola so far hasn't looked great but I wouldn't be surprised if he was by regionals.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you mean TuLegitimate, then no. TuLegitimate is Legit. Unlegit is Unlegit. Different Legit's. Legitimately speaking.

:simms:

Yes, that is who I was referring to. Did he retire?

CLG placed top 8 in all the qualifiers, top 4 twice, and won the third qualifier with 2gre.

Is that supposed to be impressive playing alongside three of the best players in the game?  Even Ninja, who almost everyone here assumes 'sucks', could have replicated those placings had he been on CLG.

The reality about 2gre in this game is that he is a ~Top 8 player who was playing on a ~Top 2 team.  Does he suck? No, but the only thing that even kept him on that roster for that long was his name.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

People were down on him as the choice to replace Lethul, but I think he proved he belonged last night.  Was there possibly a better option?  Maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised if EG looks much stronger with the other three less tilted and some more practice time in as a to4.

• Upvote (+1) 2

To me @@Ninja is like that amazingly talented dual threat QB that will amaze you with some plays and make you facepalm with others. If he could figure out how to stay patient... take the check down for 1st instead of the deep bomb they don't actually need, then ninja could be one of the best current H5 players IMO.

I just wish he would make the safe plays that the team needs to stay in the game and save the crazy stuff for emergencies.

I think the majority of us are rooting for him.  This is very well said and I like the analogy. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes, that is who I was referring to. Did he retire?

He was poking around a bit to find a team for the HWC but never found anything. So for the most part he is retired from professional gaming. 

Why are you not a fan? :P

The fellow doesn't resonate with me for some reason. Nothing agaisnt him, but Roy, Ninja, Snipedown, Lethul, Victory, and Spartan are my current top faves.