CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I've been getting home from work at 3:40am and having to catch up on 60-90 pages since Rostermania began. Keeping up with this is like having a part-time job!

Anyhow, a few quick thoughts:

1. I like that there's really no roster restrictions for a good deal of the season since it gives players a chance to try out different lineups (which is especially important since H5 is a new game), but having roster locks so close to the end of the season seemed like a bad idea. We're seeing all these untested teams get to play at a live event because the players earned points from playing on other teams throughout the season. It'd be much better for competitive Halo if rosters locked earlier (after the fourth cup if there were six cups, but since there were only five I'd say after the third cup in this case) so we could see these teams play out a bit more instead of just thrown together at the eleventh hour.

2. It's crazy that there's only a 60 point difference between Severance and Winterfox. I'm sure that WFX would've loved to be placed into Group D instead of Group C. Team Liquid, Renegades, and SoaR aren't pushovers, but I feel that Evil Geniuses, Team EnvyUs, and Denial eSports are ultimately a stronger group. But, then again, since we haven't really seen if these teams are any good given the late roster lock we'll just have to find out.

3. It's about time we're getting some live tournament action, I've never been able to care about online results given differences in internet connections (and now because of all these potential DDoS issues). I really, really hope that competitive Halo has more LAN events after the HWC finals, particularly LAN events with open brackets that also give all the amateur players a chance to stand out a bit more. I think that players like Tire Ironic, JessePeace, Posey, JuicyFruit, Commonly, Penguin etc. would be bigger names in the scene if their results came on LAN in Bo5 series with the games on a central stream that everyone tuned into. I honestly haven't seen too much of this new crop of players that have sprung up and I can't really say how good they are.

Why have people placed AE out of top 2? Since their inception they've been a dominant force but if it's based on Lan experience that's fair. 

Even if CLG lost in the finals it wouldn't mean that Lethul leaving EG was unjustified at all... They're a much more aggressive team who have become better objective-wise. 

Teams like RNG, nV, TP, and Liquid will get better as they practice with their new squads.

1-Ace played so well in their AE series (although he got dirty juked by naded) by far, but dude, his shot-calling is close to garbage sometimes. Apg and Heinz need to step it up and Unlegit needs to get dropped.

2-VicX, Spartan, are monsters. Stellur will get a lot better. Ninja needs a coach (as someone said earlier). 

3-EGs fightback was good against CLG but they look like they're still missing that anchor or even control. Watching their game vs. CLG their shot-calling was questionable at times... like going outside on blue bend with sniper. 

4-Well done to Triggers Pound, I'm sure they surprised a lot of people. I wouldn't be surprised if Cloud gets dropped at some point (poor guy - he always gets dropped)

5-I'm definitely not convinced by nV. Yes, they have the goat and yes, they have a super aggressive power slayer in Arkanum but I'm just not convinced by their squad. They will obviously get better but I think their ceiling for growth is shorter than all the other teams. I feel bad for Ogre 2.

6-WFX have the potential to be good but they lost a lot of power due to Arkanum leaving. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just want @@Ninja to succeed, he really needs to listen to his teammates and fans now more than ever. This is probably the biggest Halo event ever coming up and stuff like today will lose you those events.

Cam is really good at getting on him for stupid shit, but he needs to get better at taking the advice and criticism. He knows how to play the game, and he knows how to win gametypes, but at some point you have to realize that you just died 5 times more than your next teammate and it happens very often. If he were to limit his deaths, he'd probably be going positive 4 out of 5 games. Most of the pushes don't end up in anything good, just another situation where your team is down in numbers.

If you read this Tyler, I'm not hating on you or trolling you or whatever you wanna say, most of us here want to see you at your best.

To me @@Ninja is like that amazingly talented dual threat QB that will amaze you with some plays and make you facepalm with others. If he could figure out how to stay patient... take the check down for 1st instead of the deep bomb they don't actually need, then ninja could be one of the best current H5 players IMO.

I just wish he would make the safe plays that the team needs to stay in the game and save the crazy stuff for emergencies.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah, the new CLG is disgusting. No one wants to admit that dropping Ogre2 made them better, but they're the longshot favorites now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah, the new CLG is disgusting. No one wants to admit that dropping Ogre2 made them better, but they're the longshot favorites now.

Even if you drop the Goat, they picked up one of the top 5 best players right now probably.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do we know if rosters are locked for those competing in the Last Chance Qualifier???

The crazy thing about this is that now, anything less than 1st for CLG would be considered a disappointment. They get second a shit ton of times with Ogre 2 on LAN and then imagine they get second after they replaced him with Lethul. At a 2 million dollar tournament? It's either they win or it's a bust.

Where Lethul at? I need to explain to him the expectations he's brought with him to CLG.

Do we know if rosters are locked for those competing in the Last Chance Qualifier???

No they arent locked

Flamesword said in his latest video he and Maniac could spilt up for the qualifier. As they both look for the best team possible to qualify.

I feel really bad for WFX, as their chances of making it out of Pool C are soooooo slim.

If only they'd done a few more GBs  :apg:

So we are about 100 hours away from X Games starting, and I am still a bit confused. Are the teams originally invited still all going, and can they use their new rosters?

Would like to hear from Lenox or someone confirming.

Hi guys! Decided to stop lurking and make an account. I'll also be buying premium as well to support the community. How exciting was this weekend?!

One thing bothers me though: I am not a fan of personal attacks on the players. I understand Crato's has said some shitty stuff, but I think the best thing is to just ignore it and move on. I see Ninja and some others getting shit on as well. It would be best to keep the shit talking strictly to just the game.

Nonetheless, I am very excited for Xgames!

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lethul is the real "Evil Genius" for knowing which backpack to jump in. Royal 2 and snakebite could carry my ass to a tournament win when they are ON FIREE

For real though I think lethul is a good player but to be honest the other 3/4 of the team is what is going to push that team to finals doesn't matter if it's Ogre2 lethul ToTz T2 whoever the frostybite 2 trilogy would dominate....with that being said I feel like when I watch clg I am constantly debating which one of them is the top in H5

My heart just wants all these pros/old pros in the Top 16.

Hoping FS, Maniac, T2 can team up with a solid 4th.

Say what you want about how they all handled things this season, it would be way more interesting if they made it in!

• Upvote (+1) 1

That was a great tournament, best one so far for Halo 5.

Thought what Allegiance did game 2 by not restarting was very unprofessional, I really like Naded but his teammates however..... but to be fair this added to the excitement of the finals.

That was a great tournament, best one so far for Halo 5.

Thought what Allegiance did game 2 by not restarting was very unprofessional, I really like Naded but his teammates however..... but to be fair this added to the excitement of the finals.

Honestly, I can't blame them for following the rules. Sure, it wasn't fun for us, but that's not their problem. Both sides have an argument, but rules always win out over entertainment or sportsmanship.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Only 6 new pages since I went to sleep. You guys are getting weak. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hi guys! Decided to stop lurking and make an account. I'll also be buying premium as well to support the community. How exciting was this weekend?!

One thing bothers me though: I am not a fan of personal attacks on the players. I understand Crato's has said some shitty stuff, but I think the best thing is to just ignore it and move on. I see Ninja and some others getting shit on as well. It would be best to keep the shit talking strictly to just the game.

Nonetheless, I am very excited for Xgames!

Most halo pros are immature teenagers. The true gentlemen have retired, the Walshys, the Shockwaves, they are gone. Don't see a change in attitude any time soon.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

Ninja's curse has always been that he's insanely skilled. Gets too headstrung about carrying every single game when he doesn't realize his teammates are as good as he is. If he had someone that could truly control him and tell him to stop with the dumb stuff in game, he would be a much higher tiered pro imo. There's a huge difference between telling someone to stop doing something after the game and telling them to stop doing something when they are in the game at that moment. That's one of the reasons why the top teams are at the top; their in game adjustments are insane 

Very interesting point. I remember in a truth slayer one when he was with liquid and he kept pushing top mid and dying, and was going pretty negative. Ace told him to stop doing that, and when he did he completely turned the game around and practically won it on his own.