CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Just got up - had a fun saturday night :P

What's going on with WFX, and is nV still Arkanum/Mikwen/2gre/Ola ?

Only 2 teams that matter to me  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is this the last Online Qualifier?

Last one for everyone to compete yes. Next week is the last chance qualifier. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is this the last Online Qualifier?

For points yeah, there's the last chance qualifier next week to determine the 16th team.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

48 hours that killed competitive Halo.

All this madness might be exciting for the hardcore crowd but I assure you that the invisible enthusiast majority is losing interest by the minute. We want stablility that allows rivalries to develop in the context of familiar teams of players. We want a narrative that maintains tension across an entire season, not just the day before and after a tournament. We want to be able to root for out favorite team not just a team shell with a constantly revolving door.

I know it's always been like this in esports but to nowhere near this extent. I want 2006/07 FB vs. Carbon and 2009/10 Str8 vs. TG vs. Instinct. Yes I'm old (as dirt) and old fashioned with it but I want the game to mean something to at least some players and not be simply a distraction around which politics and power plays revolve. The ONLY person who comes out of this melee with any dignity is (surprise surprise) Ogre2. 

This has been the biggest competitive event story wise since SK in tD.

Stability can come later when there's something to be stable for, this is rightfully entertaining as fuck.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

you need to get listed on google dude

i was trying to find the site earlier and wasn't able to cause i had been awake for 10 seconds and couldn't remember the name

I requested for it to be added, nothing back from them yet

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Am I the only non-mod who saw that wild shit?

Some shit you can't unsee

When you get increased activity there's always the chance you get a rouge arsehole in the mix...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Am I the only non-mod who saw that wild shit?

Some shit you can't unsee

I hate it when I miss wild shit

• Upvote (+1) 1

When you get increased activity there's always the chance you get a rouge arsehole in the mix...

LITERALLY.

I hate it when I miss wild shit

If I could trade places with you, I would.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Stability can come later when there's something to be stable for, this is rightfully entertaining as fuck.

Stream numbers will answer this question in a few hours. I am very interested in seeing if this hype generates views. 

schedule_weekofjan18v2-034294524da74e78a

5pm EST, 2pm PST

Wat? Oh no...that is 11pm my time. Would it be devastating for the numbers of viewers doing this around 2-3 pm EST when it is sunday? Being up to 2am is ok but 4-5am is just to hard for a hard working father.

"Killed" isn't the right word

Besides, blame the HCS for not having a pro league, that's why there's no stability

Team changes sure are fun and add excitement.

For H2A it was the opposite. Teams were forced to stay with eachother until the transfer periods and then when ike 2 of them left that team lost the seed and had to start over. It was terrible.

This year, for all the excitement. Everyone is getting F'ed over. There should of been some rules like you can only make 2 team changes before roster lock or something like that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I guess you're right and I retract my previous inflammatory statements although not the sentiment. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just woke up did I get dropped yet

"Dear Mr. Audley,

We regret to inform you that we will no longer be requiring your services here at Team Liquid. You have given us all the information on other teams that were needed for our team's success. We are terminating your contract effective immediately.

Thank you for your services,

-Kyle (Chig) Lawson

[Team Liquid Manager]"

• Upvote (+1) 8