CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Playing Halo 5 with a friend around my place tonight and at the same time NFL and NA Qualifiers Are on. I don't have enough Tvs...

Wheres the #drama :(

just wait its coming in big waves. everyone is napping before the OQ

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wheres the #drama :(

there is honestly too much going on. like everything changes so fast.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Formal, Enable, Karma and Clayster  for the last chance.

throwback 

I really just think OpTic's CoD team should come and play Halo for a month and end up being better than OpTic Halo even is in the first place.  They for sure have the talent.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

48 hours that killed competitive Halo.

All this madness might be exciting for the hardcore crowd but I assure you that the invisible enthusiast majority is losing interest by the minute. We want stablility that allows rivalries to develop in the context of familiar teams of players. We want a narrative that maintains tension across an entire season, not just the day before and after a tournament. We want to be able to root for out favorite team not just a team shell with a constantly revolving door.

I know it's always been like this in esports but to nowhere near this extent. I want 2006/07 FB vs. Carbon and 2009/10 Str8 vs. TG vs. Instinct. Yes I'm old (as dirt) and old fashioned with it but I want the game to mean something to at least some players and not be simply a distraction around which politics and power plays revolve. The ONLY person who comes out of this melee with any dignity is (surprise surprise) Ogre2. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 8

How do i downvote this without giving neg rep to the original poster?

Go through all the sudds old posts and neg those
  • Upvote (+1) 2

"Killed" isn't the right word

Besides, blame the HCS for not having a pro league, that's why there's no stability

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well as someone mentioned before but Eccentrik now confirming Danoxide to the Assault/Hysteria squad

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dear Lord what is happening. Maybe my age is showing but I cannot keep up with this.

Can anyone provide a brief synopsis of everything that has gone down in the last 24 hours? Like a list of current team names and their rosters (as of now, I guess there are still another 2.5 hours of #RosterMania).  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dear Lord what is happening. Maybe my age is showing but I cannot keep up with this.

Can anyone provide a brief synopsis of everything that has gone down in the last 24 hours? Like a list of current team names and their rosters (as of now, I guess there are still another 2.5 hours of #RosterMania).  :kappa:

at this point just wait until 5 and hit !bracket in a stream

All this madness might be exciting for the hardcore crowd but I assure you that the invisible enthusiast majority is losing interest by the minute. We want stablility that allows rivalries to develop in the context of familiar teams of players. We want a narrative that maintains tension across an entire season, not just the day before and after a tournament. We want to be able to root for out favorite team not just a team shell with a constantly revolving door.

I know it's always been like this in esports but to nowhere near this extent. I want 2006/07 FB vs. Carbon and 2009/10 Str8 vs. TG vs. Instinct. Yes I'm old (as dirt) and old fashioned with it but I want the game to mean something to at least some players and not be simply a distraction around which politics and power plays revolve. The ONLY person who comes out of this melee with any dignity is (surprise surprise) Ogre2.

But we will have solidified rosters after today. All the rivalries and drama between set squads will happen after and during today. While there have been crazy team changes, once this tournament starts we can focus on these storylines and rivalries. These last few days have been great for competitive halo, and I think the viewer numbers on twitch would support that.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Don't mess with our hearts. We can't handle it.

Our hearts?

Formal + Enable team with FS + Maniac and they get 16th seed, the latter pair cry tears of relief.

Or

Formal + Enable team with another 2 and beat FS + Maniac at last chance, FS and his new ginger betrayed by his old one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

But we will have solidified rosters after today. All the rivalries and drama between set squads will happen after and during today. While there have been crazy team changes, once this tournament starts we can focus on these storylines and rivalries. These last few days have been great for competitive halo, and I think the viewer numbers on twitch would support that.

This.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is lost.  The Optic Gaming Reddit is basically littered with Halo threads.  I've never seen it before.

If on mobile, check out the new rep. :flames:

There's nothing there for me now.

Edit: nevermind it's working now.

• Downvote (-1) 1