CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I am also done lurking. Hi everyone.

What a time to be a Halo fan huh?

Really hope FS lands a solid squad. FiS is looking pretty strong in most of these games

• Upvote (+1) 7

I have been lurking this forum for awhile now, and I've finally come to the conclusion that I had to make an account to discuss all the shenanigans going on. Long-time supporter of Optic for Call of Duty, and I have watched Halo for awhile casually. I don't think I've ever been this intense for a RosterMania. 

Flamesword has been on his phone like crazy, texting. 

Ace tweeted out people are insane.

Lethul is saying the same thing.

Please Mike, land yourself a solid squad. 

Welcome to the forums and also the craziest 24 hours in Halo History

Anyone catch the final series score of WFX leftovers?

4-4 I believe

• Upvote (+1) 1

really hope 343 uses all of these stories going into future tournaments. These moments in competitive Halo make the matches so much more entertaining.

I am also done lurking. Hi everyone.

Welcome to Beyond! :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

really hope 343 uses all of these stories going into future tournaments. These moments in competitive Halo make the matches so much entertaining.

Agreed, Ninja had to close to 3k viewers(?) streaming his revenge match against Liquid. Imagine what all these other matches could bring viewership wise if advertised correctly.

Can someone explain what's happening tomorrow, is there a tournament? So there's a roster lock that means what? Does that mean if you don't get on a team now you cannot play in the Halo World Championship? 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I really hope 343 uses all of these stories going into future tournaments. These moments in competitive Halo make the matches so much entertaining.

This.

It gives match ups a big feel to them when there's a history/storyline going into it. Used to make some of the H2/H3 events even better.

Right now we got Lethul/EG and Ninja/Everybody in the community. FeelsGoodMan

Why does everyone feel bad for the Optic guys? It took Stellur who is new to the scene to leave their team for them to start trying and grinding. I get that they grinded as a team for awhile but after losing early in that qualifier something had to be done. I just hope we don't lose those viewers Flame brings when they aren't in it anymore.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Can someone explain what's happening tomorrow, is there a tournament? So there's a roster lock that means what? Does that mean if you don't get on a team now you cannot play in the Halo World Championship? 

It means if you make it to a team that is top 15 in points you cannot change that roster for regionals

Agreed, Ninja had to close to 3k viewers(?) streaming his revenge match against Liquid. Imagine what all these other matches could bring viewership wise if advertised correctly.

When these big tournaments are live, these stories have to be told effectively. I'm assuming there will be a decent amount of viewership with a lot of people unfamiliar with Halo or at least competitive Halo. This is a good chance to pull more people into the scene IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 2

WFX looked pretty good with Hysteria

I thought so too. They played pretty solid against Ninja & crew. They did get blown out on a couple maps, but they definitely showed some real chemistry & dominated on a few maps. 

I'm not sure of all the options WFX is looking at. But you'd have to think, Hysteria is at or near the top of their wanted players list after tonight.

Lethul committed 2nd degree murder to the top 8 

I say the Top 16.  His move through a series of events led to Optic scrambling all day.

• Upvote (+1) 1

tomorrow is the last online qualifier for regionals for the top 15 seeds in points and the roster lock is like 5 minutes before the tournament time, so people need to figure their shit out before then pretty much.  

There's a last chance qualifier but only the team that wins the entire thing qualifies for the 16th seed so obviously you don't want to be in that situation if possible

Edit: I'm not sure how informed in general you are, so this may go without saying, but since the roster lock is before the tournament tomorrow, they need to have the teams they are confident playing with for the rest of HWC decided before the tournament starts cause they can't change from that point on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Might be too early to tell but who does everyone have winning the OQ tomorrow? It's going to be the most interesting one for sure

At this point I do not think the top teams are worried about winning it. They're probably looking at getting positioned for what they view as.the easiest group of 4 at regionals.

• Upvote (+1) 1

tomorrow is the last online qualifier for regionals for the top 15 seeds in points and the roster lock is like 5 minutes before the tournament time, so people need to figure their shit out before then pretty much.  

There's a last chance qualifier but only the team that wins the entire thing qualifies for the 16th seed so obviously you don't want to be in that situation if possible

Thanks for the clarification! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel so bad for FS. Knowing that no one will team with Maniac is a hard situation. If I am him, and this is the problem, I go hands and knees begging to Formal to come back. I know its unrealistic, but if that is the only option on the table, it has to be seriously considered. If Formal agrees to comeback, I think that a 4th can deal with Maniac. 

• Upvote (+1) 1