CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I really want to know why leftovers doesn't want to try for optic :(

I'm pretty sure that salary is a part of it (if not the whole thing).  I don't think that the current OG roster is salaried, and I doubt that Hecz would salary a Halo team either way.  Here's the thing: if you aren't living in the house and thus able to take advantage of the Youtube money, there really isn't a huge benefit to being on Optic as a Halo player.  All of the guys who "blew up" on Optic did so living out of the house...this is because you can infiltrate the existing fanbase by constantly popping up in the content of the players who already have the fanbase.  You cant do that if you are just living at home.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is it they don't want to try for OpTic, or OpTic doesn't want to try for them?

They don't want to try for OpTic, agreed collectively as a team apparently.

They don't want to try for OpTic, agreed collectively as a team apparently.

Well then I think someone should explain to them just how big the Optic brand is :)

Not to mention hecz is an incredible owner.

Idk, as long as they stay together Idc what they're called but it would be awesome if they were optic halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Make a trip out to the Optic house for a few days, get in a few videos, make a few VLOGs here and there, and your stream will at minimum double or triple in size and you'll make more on subs and donations then whatever salary you get from another org. Just saying. And that's if you do the minimum of one trip to the optic house for a few days and then making a VLOG every week or two.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I woke up to people knowing who I play at X-Games before I eve had a clue :kappa:

On another note, i read earlier some confusion I wanted to clear up.

Yes Mikwen told us he was 100% in. Then left.

I approached Stellur on behalf of all of us. Optic was in shambles. Assault looking to leave. Stellur had wanted out. FS was very supportive and props to Mike in that regard.

That is all :simms:

So much appreciation for pros who post in here with honest and upfront responses. #GoodGuySpartan

• Upvote (+1) 4

Make a trip out to the Optic house for a few days, get in a few videos, make a few VLOGs here and there, and your stream will at minimum double or triple in size and you'll make more on subs and donations then whatever salary you get from another org. Just saying. And that's if you do the minimum of one trip to the optic house for a few days and then making a VLOG every week or two.

I think that you are oversimplifying the situation significantly.

The Optic VLOG's are big because they feature a group collective: every video features interaction between several 'characters' in the house which is what makes the mundane shit they do somewhat entertaining.  Think about it, there isn't anything interesting about a gamer going to Target or IHOP...it only becomes interesting when you get a group of them together.  Its not like these guys are going to get hundreds of thousands of views of them by themselves Vlogging from home.  Look at Assault's Youtube: the three videos he released from the Optic House received ~40,000-55,000 views.  His remaining videos from his own house? ~6,000-26,000 views.  The "new fans" who watched his three videos from the house didn't really even bother to watch his pre-existing videos.

I think that you are oversimplifying the situation significantly.

The Optic VLOG's are big because they feature a group collective: every video features interaction between several 'characters' in the house which is what makes the mundane shit they do somewhat entertaining.  Think about it, there isn't anything interesting about a gamer going to Target or IHOP...it only becomes interesting when you get a group of them together.  Its not like these guys are going to get hundreds of thousands of views of them by themselves Vlogging from home.  Look at Assault's Youtube: the three videos he released from the Optic House received ~40,000-55,000 views.  His remaining videos from his own house? ~6,000-26,000 views.  The "new fans" who watched his three videos from the house didn't really even bother to watch his pre-existing videos.

When I mention YouTube, the fact that I said upload a VLOG every week or two is simply because a lot of OpTic fans like YouTube videos. It's not with the idea of making much money off YouTube at all. Just uploading the few you upload to help the optic fans who like youtube videos feel like they can relate to you will simply be to get them to watch you stream. You then try to make the money off your stream, which should be worth more than the salary an org in Halo will pay you.

With the #greenwall behind you (getting to know you from your trip to optic and the occasional vlog) on Twitch, you can do a much better job financially from Twitch then you are doing now is all I'm saying. If you're relateable (which Ninja and Spartan are - and very active streamers), all you need in your stream is more people. 

EDIT: Just look at Formal ;) Obviously CoD is bigger than Halo, but with some of that following checking out Ninja and Spartan, imagine how much larger their streams would get.

So last night when i went to bed Optic dropped Maniac, did they pick him back up at the Optic breakfast?

Running some games without him to see how it goes is not the same as dropping someone. 

EDIT: Just look at Formal ;) Obviously CoD is bigger than Halo, but with some of that following checking out Ninja and Spartan, imagine how much larger their streams would get.

You just killed your own point.  95% of their fanbase is there because of CoD.  You think that the Halo guys would get an influx of viewers while Formal, Karma, Scump, Crim are streaming? Of course not, most of their fanbase will go watch those players instead.  No CoD kid is going to go watch Ninja instead of Scump.  The Optic team Twitter has 1.18 million followers yet the Optic Reddit only has 10,000 subscribers by comparison: the number of fans who legitimately care about Optic Halo is relegated to a very small minority.

Like I said, you are oversimplifying this way too much.  "Optic fans like Vlogs, so just release one once a week": Optic fans like the Vlogs coming from out of the house, no one is going to go crazy over Spartan releasing a Vlog once a week out of his own house by himself.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You just killed your own point.  95% of their fanbase is there because of CoD.  You think that the Halo guys would get an influx of viewers while Formal, Karma, Scump, Crim are streaming? Of course not, most of their fanbase will go watch those players instead.  No CoD kid is going to go watch Ninja instead of Scump.  The Optic team Twitter has 1.18 million followers yet the Optic Reddit only has 10,000 subscribers by comparison: the number of fans who legitimately care about Optic Halo is relegated to a very small minority.

Like I said, you are oversimplifying this way too much.  "Optic fans like Vlogs, so just release one once a week": Optic fans like the Vlogs coming from out of the house, no one is going to go crazy over Spartan releasing a Vlog once a week out of his own house by himself.

You're under simplifying it. If they go to the house and make an impression (see: Assault), they will "gain fans". Assault went from a few thousand views on his videos to however many you said. He has also been streaming for a ton of viewers the last few days. Yes, a lot of that is because of roster mania, but if he was on ANY OTHER TEAM besides optic, he wouldn't be sitting there with 500+ viewers on twitch no matter how big rostermania gets. Ninja, who's already very big on twitch and very entertaining could easily go from 1K viewers to 3-4K viewers if he made a big enough impression while at the Optic house for a week. 

The occasional VLOG I just threw on there as basically a "keep people updated and in the loop about what's going on with optic halo". I bet you all of their streams would double in size at minimum if they joined Optic. 

Being on a good team instead of a bottom feeder would also get more Optic fans interested in Halo.

I don't see how you're arguing that they would make more money streaming if they joined optic than they are now...

• Upvote (+1) 3

Calling it now. They're gonna throw a last minute squad together and it's gonna consist of T2, FiS, Cloud, and Hysteria. Who else is really left though?

GAH This would be such a bad ass team. PLEASE YES.

GAH This would be such a bad ass team. PLEASE YES.

It would be wierd seeing T2 team with Hysteria and FiS after the rivalry they had in H3. lol