CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

X Games Match Schedule. Start the match predictions so I can reference what the community says on the show.

Friday

Allegiance vs Epsilon

CLG vs PENTA

Leftovers vs Team Liquid

Evil Geniuses vs Dream Team

Saturday

Leftovers vs. Epsilon
Dream Team vs. PENTA Sports
Team Allegiance vs. Team Liquid
Evil Geniuses vs. CLG
Food Break
Team Liquid vs. Epsilon
Evil Geniuses vs. PENTA Sports
Team Allegiance vs. Leftovers
CLG vs. Dream Team

Group A

Leftovers

Allegience

Liquid

Epsilon

Group B

CLG

EG

Dream Team

Penta

Friday

Unless EU comes with a huge surprise those games should be easy victories.

Games of the day:

• Allegiance vs Epsilon - a true test for EU. It will be illuminating whatever happens.
  • Leftovers vs Liquid - grudge match with two fresh lineups. I feel Leftovers will take it but it will be close.

Saturday

Again EU should have it pretty rough, there could be few upsets with Dream Team maybe one of the other top NA teams if they're not gelling with the new lineups.

Games of the day:

• EG vs CLG - match of the moment, far too close to call and will probably be the series of the tournament. If I was forced to make a prediction I'd edge it to CLG given how close the event is to the team change drama.
  • Allegiance vs Leftovers - again too close to call. Allegiance should pip the win on paper but Leftovers are rising stock with something to prove. If both teams come into this fired up with an unbeaten record it's going to be one hell of a series. Forced to make a decision I'd go with Leftovers purely on the fact that I have them riding high over their victory against Liquid.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Mikwen, Arkanum, 2gre, Ola squad would be dangerous, but have no clue what the chemistry would be like.

If true, I think Hysteria would be the best replacement for Ark on WFX.

@@LenoxCG I have a question that im sure is on everyones mind, are the rosters for XGames pre-Lethul Hurricane or post-Lethul Hurricane? 

X Games Match Schedule. Start the match predictions so I can reference what the community says on the show.

Friday

Allegiance vs Epsilon (3-0 Allegiance)

CLG vs PENTA (3-0 CLG)

Leftovers vs Team Liquid (3-1 Leftovers)

Evil Geniuses vs Dream Team (3-1 EG)

Saturday

Leftovers vs. Epsilon (3-0 Leftovers)
Dream Team vs. PENTA Sports (3-1 Dream Team)
Team Allegiance vs. Team Liquid (3-1 Allegiance)
Evil Geniuses vs. CLG (3-2 CLG)
Food Break 
Team Liquid vs. Epsilon (3-1 Liquid)
Evil Geniuses vs. PENTA Sports (3-0 EG)
Team Allegiance vs. Leftovers (3-2 Leftovers)
CLG vs. Dream Team (3-1 CLG)

Ughhh. Sorry for the formatting/ coloring issue.

I can see Epsilon doing well

Since Epsilon is the Worlds best hope outside of America it'll be an interesting weekend. But regardless of the results they need to just use all of it as experience for when they attend HWC later on. Personally think they'll struggle against the top teams from the US but it's practically a PreLAN for them. Game one for them will be a true test.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't followed professional Halo since the end of H2A. Can anyone tell me why we have radar in competitive settings now? I could write an essay on why that would be the most important thing to remove from default settings. I watched Roy's stream and saw him crouching around with a storm rifle fo multiple kills. I'm assuming that the developers want it to stay in; if so, is there any hope of having it removed before the 2 million dollar tournament?

• Upvote (+1) 9

I haven't followed professional Halo since the end of H2A. Can anyone tell me why we have radar in competitive settings now? I could write an essay on why that would be the most important thing to remove from default settings. I watched Roy's stream and saw him crouching around with a storm rifle fo multiple kills. I'm assuming that the developers want it to stay in; if so, is there any hope of having it removed before the 2 million dollar tournament?

There's probably no hope, and there's no reason for it to be in other than an illusion that competitive settings need to be exactly the same as normal settings.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There's probably no hope, and there's no reason for it to be in other than an illusion that competitive settings need to be exactly the same as normal settings.

:(

Thanks. I wonder how it feels for pros like Ogre 2 who have won so many tournaments on more skillful settings that the two biggest tournaments of Halo history were a Halo 4 ffa/1v1 tournament and now a tournament with radar and overpowered automatics.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I just hope OpTic doesn't wait too long again and end up missing an opportunity to pick up a decent 4th. Assault and flamesword are just playing matchmaking and Maniac is probably asleep. It doesn't seem like they are even thinking about this decision.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just hope OpTic doesn't wait too long again and end up missing an opportunity to pick up a decent 4...team members in Leftovers. Idk it will happen but we can dream.

Edit: Voted in the X-Games Thread 

Any detective work done on Maniac yet? Who has he been running with

Optic picking up Leftovers would be so great for Halo. Finally a great team with likable personalities for all those Optic fans to root for.

I wonder if Hecz is even aware of how great of an opportunity this would be. From watching the Vision series, he doesn't seem to pay super close attention to the Halo scene. Hopefully Ninja and co have reached out.

As for X-games, I feel like people are underestimating Team Liquid. I think the TL games against Leftovers and Allegiance will be very close.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have a serious addiction to this thread.

It's my equivalent of a cigarette break here at work.