CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I wish RNG did more then 1 scrim tonight

I was hoping they would scrim a lower seeded team, try and work on the chem a bit more, joke around etc. They are probably gonna go hard tomorrow night though.

Been gone for some time since H2A. I thought Pistola was on EG? What happened with that? Quick summary?

Broke his hand. One thing led to another...he's either retired or playing with a Goat.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It made it so intense event after event.  Walshy off FB? Instinct vs FB rematch, FB loses.

CANDY FROM A BABY

grudge matches forming and being played out on the main stage, storylines forming.

Exactly.  

Its such a bummer seeing all these fair weather fans get so up and down over the most trivial shit.  EG didn't play bad in this scrim aside from just a few common mistakes most teams make and then you see people acting like its the end of the world. 

And RNG played great, but they have a lot to prove.  But i'm sure if they keep their heads in it like tonight, and Ninja slows down a bit(tbh he has slowed down his pace, but he needs to stop saying shit like "stay alive/don't die."  Just my opinion though.)

Shit is finally getting spicy.  And its fucking awesome.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I go into Snipedown's stream and the whole chat is people telling them to drop Commonly... Feel bad for Hamy to be honest.

Lotta pressure for the yung god, but I'm sure he's ready for it.

Exactly.  

Its such a bummer seeing all these fair weather fans get so up and down over the most trivial shit.  EG didn't play bad in this scrim aside from just a few common mistakes most teams make and then you see people acting like its the end of the world. 

And RNG played great, but they have a lot to prove.  But i'm sure if they keep their heads in it like tonight, and Ninja slows down a bit(tbh he has slowed down his pace, but he needs to stop saying shit like "stay alive/don't die."  Just my opinion though.)

Shit is finally getting spicy.  And its fucking awesome.

Remember how CLG was always preforming in the bottom half of the top 8 during all the online tournaments leading up to the S2 finals, but then took 2nd place after a backet reset during the finals?

Yeah.  online scrims don't mean anything.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Commonly is a good player but EG has such a unique style... they need to understand hes not lethul and adapt to him. Give him a chance to shine. You cant throw a puppy into a dog race and expect him to win. These vets need to start at his level, and VERY QUICKLY progress.

Remember how CLG was always preforming in the bottom half of the top 8 during all the online tournaments leading up to the S2 finals, but then took 2nd place after a backet reset during the finals?

they mean something. just not as much as a small group on here seem to think is what i'd say. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Commonly is a good player but EG has such a unique style... they need to understand hes not lethul and adapt to him. Give him a chance to shine. You cant throw a puppy into a dog race and expect him to win. These vets need to start at his level, and VERY QUICKLY progress.

there's no way the team's reactions to commonly are the same as the shrieking chorus on here.

they'll find a way to maximize the team's ability. it's what EG does. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Good, EG cannot afford to be making team changes every other hour at this point. They made a decision, so they should stick with it. Commonly is a capable player, its going to take more than a couple of scrims to get things down. That goes for all the teams making changes. XGames will be the real measure of where everyone is.

8ae.gif

While online scrims do help for just overall practice and strats, at the end of the day its just practice.  If this console actually supported LAN, then we would probably be seeing more group scrims like what they did last year at Cobys(?) house.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

The online in this game is pretty goddamn good...and there's pretty much no LAN in Halo 5.

People that say that Halo 5 "LAN" results are going to differ greatly from online scrims and qualifiers are just people that WANT the results to differ greatly.

• Upvote (+1) 6

The online in this game is pretty goddamn good...and there's pretty much no LAN in Halo 5.

People that say that Halo 5 "LAN" results are going to differ greatly from online scrims and qualifiers are just people that WANT the results to differ greatly.

In this generation, I don't think we see LAN as network connection anymore. It's about playing in front of people, being out of your comfort zone, sitting right next to your teammates. It's the different atmosphere that inexperienced players might not do so well in.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

The difference with LAN isn't just connection, it's the environment too. Being with your teammates, seeing their screens, having a coach, having to deal with crowds, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I clicked on the link and I'm confused.  Isn't prototype black?

He's Mexican...or something like that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good, EG cannot afford to be making team changes every other hour at this point. They made a decision, so they should stick with it. Commonly is a capable player, its going to take more than a couple of scrims to get things down. That goes for all the teams making changes. XGames will be the real measure of where everyone is.

They will still be a force you gotta think after all this settles. First scrim. Yeah give them time and they'll be quite good.