CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Someone eli5 the roster lock for me / how the final few online tournaments and such work? Haven't followed the HWCs so unsure of how it all works.

Roster lock is today(?) and those rosters will be the ones used in the big tournament basically?

Someone eli5 the roster lock for me / how the final few online tournaments and such work? Haven't followed the HWCs so unsure of how it all works.

Roster lock is today(?) and those rosters will be the ones used in the big tournament basically?

Roster lock is Sunday, before the final Online Qualifier. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Rosters lock as the 5th Online Qualifier goes live.

Whoever you play with for 5th Online Qualifier is who you play with at NA Regionals and Worlds (if you get to go.)

Things I am not sure about:

If XGames Rosters / Attendees were locked.

If Last Chance Qualifier (Teams 16th or lower in points) rosters are locked when 5thOQ rosters lock.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey i live in Memphis. Has that always been your tag?

Yea for longer than I can remember. But I don't live in Memphis. I made it like in 04 when I was into gone in 60 secs. Haha

• Upvote (+1) 1

The fact that there's even an option to build up a point base, then self-sabotage your own team simply to eliminate some competition and gain a little more prize money is some real Game of Thrones cutthroat type bullshit

Well it WOULDN'T be if other team mates were good and could pick up a 4th.

The general feeling though is that Naded carries that team and without him they would be a sub 8 team, maybe worse.

But who really knows, maybe they would be just as good with another 4th.

Personally, I think if 1 member of a team leaves (with enough noticed of course) the team should be able to pick up a 4th and sufficiently place (3 members still have a lot of points anyway) and come Regionals it shouldn't matter. If not, perhaps the "team" wasn't very good.

@Ninja confirmed on stream they have a 4th they are running with but can't announce since it isn't technically official.  Must mean that person is currently trying to get out of a contract???

Imagine that lol.

Lxthul joins CLG. Makes them kick Ogre

Lxthul rejoins EG on deadline day leaving CLG to pick up T2

I think the problem would be more like, CLG creates their team roster on MLG. EG creates their roster on MLG. Both have 3 members. Last minute he adds himself to one of the rosters. The other one get DQ'ed from OT5 and in effect Regionals. Imagine that.

The general feeling though is that Naded carries that team and without him they would be a sub 8 team, maybe worse.

Suspector has been doing really, really well over the last 3 weeks.  I'm not sure about his stats, but I've watched him a bunch during my streams, and he's constantly in good positions, controlling power weapons, catching players by surprise, or just actually dominating opponents for a bit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think the problem would be more like, CLG creates their team roster on MLG. EG creates their roster on MLG. Both have 3 members. Last minute he adds himself to one of the rosters. The other one get DQ'ed from OT5 and in effect Regionals. Imagine that.

Yeah, I don't think Lxthul's a total piece of shit  :simms:

But the system is dumb...

Edit: RE; Allegiance, their coordination/teamwork is their biggest strength. I don't think Naded carries, it's just that he and Suspector are often the ones with power weapons. Cratos & El Town do a lot of dirty work. *from the matches I've seen of them* *wish one of them would stream*

• Upvote (+1) 3

:intel:  :kappa:

Doubt it'll happen, but Fear really needs to lower his standards. He's going to get overlooked by every top 12 team based on his point value alone. He needs to shoot for bubble teams. No team is going to take a hit in seed this close to the 2 million. 

1. That is an excellent plan to completely fuck over 3-4 teams, mess up their chemistry, trust, etc. That will dramatically increase their chance of winning HWC.

2. However, they will have to live with it. If that's the case, like @@iamguitar said, probably nobody will ever team with them again and they will always be known as the "team" that fucked over everybody. That's an awful reputation to have so, it's very unlikely.

In that scenario where Lethul could troll CLG, Leftovers and whoever else in the process of pretending to jump ship just to return to EG before the roster lock, why would EG have to take the blame as the team that fucked over everybody?

You can't blame others for your teammates lacking faith in your roster and bailing. That's some denial bullshit.

If anything, it would be an amazing lesson that the Halo community really needs at this point with all the incessant shading and sketching going on. It's not uncommon for people to become F/A twice over the course of 48 hours...

• Upvote (+1) 3

Suspector has been doing really, really well over the last 3 weeks.  I'm not sure about his stats, but I've watched him a bunch during my streams, and he's constantly in good positions, controlling power weapons, catching players by surprise, or just actually dominating opponents for a bit.

Perception doesn't always = reality. I never said they weren't good, just that a lot of people see it that way. People say if Naded went to EG, AE would be screwed. But who really knows. If they picked up another player they might be just as good.

Assault, Roy, Stellur, and Cloud playing together.

They are just sitting there and Stellur says "so cloud what do you think of lethul leaving EG" right in front of Roy.

This kid is a savage.

EDIT: it might not be Stellur. I'm confused.

• Upvote (+1) 5

In that scenario where Lethul could troll CLG, Leftovers and whoever else in the process of pretending to jump ship just to return to EG before the roster lock, why would EG have to take the blame as the team that fucked over everybody?

You can't blame others for your teammates lacking faith in your roster and bailing. That's some denial bullshit.

If anything, it would be an amazing lesson that the Halo community really needs at this point with all the incessant shading and sketching going on. It's not uncommon for people to become F/A twice over the course of 48 hours...

Nice lesson vs Ruin World Champs.

tumblr_inline_mwmt2z1YxC1rx15h5.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1