CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If this didn't help Halo I don't know what will. Let's be honest this kind of stuff is a necessity.

Stop acting like this isn't your fault. This would never have happened had you left EG for OpTic when offered

:lxthul:  :kappa:  :ghost:

• Upvote (+1) 3

this game doesn't deserve to survive if this is what's necessary to keep it relevant 

drama helps every type of competition.. do they all not deserve to survive? lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

this game doesn't deserve to survive if this is what's necessary to keep it relevant 

idk why you're always bashing team changes and stuff when you realize what's at stake for everyone, and this forum, and the media, has never had more interactions. This isn't a party, no one likes this stuff but everyone wants to win, obviously. You can't just sit back and watch and the whole "stick it out and keep practicing" philosophy is bullshit.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

drama helps every type of competition.. do they all not deserve to survive? lol

did you know that CoD is all about the "competition". lol

I'm teamless again :(

I won't believe you again. You know what they say about the boy who cries wolf....

• Upvote (+1) 2

The pro's are missing a massive opportunity, if any notable pro streamed they would easily get triple their usual amount of viewers just for giving their thoughts on what has happened.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Got to give it to Naded for sticking by his team but,

He has to worry about trying to beat two great teams EG and CLG now (and more obviously).

Where, it he joined EG he would only have to worry about CLG. As AE would fall apart without him.

Not to mention Eric, Roy and  Lbx are seasoned pro's he can rely on to show up come event time.

So basically he didnt make a "business" decision. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If this didn't help Halo I don't know what will. Let's be honest this kind of stuff is a necessity.

Sounds like RealityCheck just found their new 4th!  :prayers:

To put in persepctive, depending on the time of year and what's going on we can average around 50k-85k pageviews a day on here. Today isn't done and we are sitting at 250k+.

People love drama.

Except sponsors/viewership are what determine how big a game gets or if it survives as a competitive scene. Not page hits on a forum for the 1% of people who play the game.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I won't believe you again. You know what they say about the boy who cries wolf....

Hey now I was just trolling Jesse. Someone blown it way out of proportion.  I don't know why people thought that it would happen. We were just beating Allegiance in matchmaking. It doesn't mean anything 

Sounds like RealityCheck just found their new 4th!  :prayers:

Except sponsors/viewership are what determine how big a game gets or if it survives as a competitive scene. Not page hits on a forum for the 1% of people who play the game.

Exactly what I said above. This is an echo chamber of the most hardcore fans, and yes people get excited and we love to post and it's fun, but this isn't at all representative of the larger esports community, or even all Halo fans, by any means.

I don't think Naded has said anything about it at all. Roy said that Naded declined. 

I think that it's a mix of Naded not getting to be on the original EG lineup and confidence in his new team. 

I hope it wasn't his pride that got in the way, that would be disappointing.

This is the vocal minority though, you have to realize. We're in a bit of an echo chamber, with the most passionate fans talking avidly about team changes that at least half of the people who hopefully tune in will have no idea about. This will create a negligible amount, if any, of new viewers watching Halo. They don't know the storylines or drama, even half of the people who follow aren't caught up on every detail and who's who and who was on what team when. It matters a lot more to the hardcore crowd under a microscope, and of course those people will love to post a million thread replies and get hyped about it, but this isn't a thing that will make the Halo scene grow, or anything.

From a player perspective, yeah, they usually know when a team will or won't work, and it's hard to blame people, as you said in your second post, when everyone knows what's at stake. That side is more understandable and there's a real debate to be had about roster locks for competition vs entertainment, and when that deadline should be during the course of a season. But it makes it really hard for fans to support a team like a real sport, and for organizations to sound legitimate and consistent (which is important for Halo growth) when the rosters changes as much as they do.

Absolutely nailed it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I will go crazy if 343 are still showing them chirstmas video's at Regionals or Worlds.

Even them Map walk through with Bravo are so over played  :apg:

• Upvote (+1) 3

I will go crazy if 343 are still showing them chirstmas video's at Regionals or Worlds.

Even them Map walk through with Bravo are so over played  :apg:

or the Legendary Collection unboxing  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1