CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What are you even talking about? It's gaming not football. 29 is not old. Especially for a console gamer. Wow, that old man frame can't handle sitting down moving his thumbs - he might just drop dead when he has to exert his fingers to go from one button to another. I bet he'll have a heart attack when a grenade spooks him.

He's personally tweeted about it. It has to have some impact, no matter how minor, on his overall performance.

So what does everyone base the idea that Ogre 2 is "washed" off of?

Has CLG not been successful enough in the last two Halos?

This is Halo not Starcraft. You dont need to play 14 h a day to be on top. Hell i bet most pros dont play more than 6 h a day.

for an older pro gamer i think the most likely thing to break down is your hands

i'm sure he's been taking good care of his arms/wrists/hands for a long time now, he's got a sports background, he's not dumb, i'm sure he is good in that regard

i think he could play another 10 years at a elite/high level if he were motivated (assuming he's got no injuries)

What? What injuries could you possibly get from playing Halo that would be caused by age that wouldn't be equally as likely as playing at 16? Seriously, what? His hands aren't going to 'break down' anymore than mine are from driving a car for 10 years, playing games and using a keyboard. Gamers aren't physical athletes that put enormous strains on knee's and stuff. They're mental athletes and if anything age will only improve that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He's personally tweeted about it. It has to have some impact, no matter how minor, on his overall performance.

Just wondering, are your referring to him icing his hands after an event, or something else?

Icing is pretty common in normal sports, after games/during halftime. I don't think that is necessarily tied to age.

If you're referring to something else that I've missed, forgive me

From what I've seen from 2gre's personality over a decade of being a fan he's got an incredibly dry sense of humour and I assume that was very much tongue in cheek rather than 'my ailing old man hands can't take the strains of a controller anymore'.

He should exploit this belief and start selling OGRE heatpad handwarmers and make a killing like Fatal1ty and his Fat pads he started selling. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Victory X wouldn't just leave like that though. He sees the potential in his team with Spartan. Renegades was playing very well against EG and other top teams.

Honestly, they are probably going to pick up Tom or Justin (Fear). Unless a player is willing to leave their team, I believe it will be one of those 2 players to be on Renegades. And I happen to believe that Tom and Justin bring more to a team and Commonly.

I could see FiS joining Renegades considering him, Ninja and Victory have already teamed together.

Personally, as someone the same age as Ogre2, I'm not the same person I was 5 years ago. My eyes, joints, reflexes. They have all taken a step backwards. Also, testosterone levels in men decline as they age. As testosterone decreases you find yourself more fatigued, decreases in aggression, and so on. Just things that are important to all competitors regardless of the "physicality" of the sport.

I think he has lost a step, but he is so good at what he does he is still a top player anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Victory X wouldn't just leave like that though. He sees the potential in his team with Spartan. Renegades was playing very well against EG and other top teams.

Honestly, they are probably going to pick up Tom or Justin (Fear). Unless a player is willing to leave their team, I believe it will be one of those 2 players to be on Renegades. And I happen to believe that Tom and Justin bring more to a team and Commonly.

I'd pick up huke over either of those. He was supposed to run with leftovers before they made it official

• Downvote (-1) 1

What? What injuries could you possibly get from playing Halo that would be caused by age that wouldn't be equally as likely as playing at 16? Seriously, what? His hands aren't going to 'break down' anymore than mine are from driving a car for 10 years, playing games and using a keyboard. Gamers aren't physical athletes that put enormous strains on knee's and stuff. They're mental athletes and if anything age will only improve that.

in this regard you are 100% wrong, i'm not saying this to make you feel bad, just saying

injuries are very very very common in esports such as RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury), arthritis, carpal tunnel, spinal injuries, chronic Tendinitis, etc, etc

a lot of things can go wrong with your hands/arms/wrist/fingers/back/neck/chest/shoulders when you are a "esports" or heavy gamer

• Upvote (+1) 1

Washed? He'll be in the top 8 for a good long while.

Just not elite. Getting dropped and passed over by the top two teams chasing allegiance does say a lot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd pick up huke over either of those. He was supposed to run with leftovers before they made it official

Dude are all of your posts about Huke? Personally FiS brings a lot more to the table in terms of Halo knowledge so I would probably choose him over Huke personally.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I could see FiS joining Renegades considering him, Ninja and Victory have already teamed together.

Would ruin the team chemistry. FiS was as bitchy as Hysteria in H2A, minus the talent.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh yeah, that would be a good move to. Didn't even think of that.

in this regard you are 100% wrong, i'm not saying this to make you feel bad, just saying

injuries are very very very common in esports such as RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury), arthritis, carpal tunnel, spinal injuries, chronic Tendinitis, etc, etc

a lot of things can go wrong with your hands/arms/wrist/fingers/back/neck/chest/shoulders when you are a "esports" or heavy gamer

Yeah, that is true. I agree. I'm just saying it's not an issue at 29. 29 is young. People are treating him like he's about to get a senior citizens discount bus pass. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Easily two of the most fun players to watch on Sundays. Both are hyper aggressive with incredible br shots so big plays were made quite often while watching them.

Reached my +rep quota for today. But I 100% agree. I really want to see older pros come back if they're not doing anything.

Bubudubu would also be a viable pickup for Renegades. But they should really go after Heinz first and foremost.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah, that is true. I agree. I'm just saying it's not an issue at 29. 29 is young. People are treating him like he's about to get a senior citizens discount bus pass. 

i'm not doubting the goat until he hits 40

• Upvote (+1) 1

So have we decided who got boned the hardest out of all this? 2gre could be argued but it's probably easier for him to slide into a good team. Renegades may have the hardest time finding a solid 4th. I'm not sure anyone that would fit is available.

2gre probably wouldn't fit well with RNG as he's a slower or more methodical player whereas Spartan and Ninja fly, maybe he could bring some structure there. I don't think he'd have the patience.

I'm not sure FiS is at a level they need him to be.

Is there talent anywhere in the top 20 teams that could be a better fit than the established names?

FiS to Renegades, I'm guessing

Dropping Cratos for OG2 would be the smartest move of all time

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's completely ridiculous to think Tom has "lost it" because of age  when we see mostly all the FGC(Street Fighter specifically) being dominated by people that are in their later 20's and even in their 30's. He can compete still at the highest level and I have no doubt he will, we will see before Sunday I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been trying to post all day but I just don't have any words for this

Maybe by tonight I'll be able to articulate my thoughts a bit better lol

Would ruin the team chemistry. FiS was as bitchy as Hysteria in H2A, minus the talent.

His bitchiness might have been a byproduct of Hysteria's though...

I don't know though, I've only really been following the scene since the end of Season 1 so I don't know a whole lot about the players.

So what does everyone base the idea that Ogre 2 is "washed" off of?

Has CLG not been successful enough in the last two Halos?

It's a ridiculous and stupid statement to say he's washed.

• Upvote (+1) 1