CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You can if you dont think they're going to get the #1 spot. I'm an EG/Lethul fan, so I didnt want to see him go, but they havent been as dominant in H5. Lethul wants that 1st place money #sellout

They didn't have enough knowledge to know with not even having one legit LAN on H5 under their belts to know if they wouldn't dominate on LAN or not, it was a last minute decision made on instinct of who he through were the best slayers and shots in the game, and I'm not knocking him for picking who he did I think we can all agree this team will be easily a TOP 3 team hands down, but it takes more than the best shots to win 2 mill, and all that chemistry and Event winning streak can't be replaced by great slayers.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Really curious to see what Renegades do for their 4th. I feel like they showed enough potential in just one week together to potentially be able to poach a player from a top team instead of just settling for a free agent.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is there a list of all the free agents? If anyone has been sane enough to keep up?

I've seen shadier changes for less money. Only to be expected with 2+ million dollars on the line. Don't forget the whole SQ fiasco of late 2011/early 2012.

#BusinessDecision #effingeee

But that's the thing, how could they be dominant when all they've done is online qualifiers with a terrible format? As a lot of people on EG stated they haven't lost a scrim (even though scrims don't mean THAT much). EG has been a very dominant team there just hasn't been many real opportunities to show it.

100% agree. Especially since the worlds format will be different. Its hard to tell. This is definitely a gamble on Lethul's part, but if it works out then the money will make it worth it.

Also, I don't see how people can possibly make the argument OG2's age isn't a problem. It is public knowledge he's having joint issues. I can't speak to how it impacts his play, but he definitely can't play/practice all day every day like an 18 year old. The years of gaming are taking their toll.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

They didn't have enough knowledge to know with not even having one legit LAN on H5 under their belts to know if they wouldn't dominate on LAN or not, it was a last minute decision made on instinct of who he through were the best slayers and shots in the game, and I'm not knocking him for picking who he did I think we can all agree this team will be easily a TOP 3 team hands down, but it takes more than the best shots to win 2 mill, and all that chemistry and Event winning streak can't be replaced by great slayers.

For sure. One of the reasons I like EG so much is because they were the only team not making changes. It makes me think maybe the team chemistry just wasnt what Lethul wanted. Not sure why else he would leave since the other 3 are easily top 10 players in the game.

Really curious to see what Renegades do for their 4th. I feel like they showed enough potential in just one week together to potentially be able to poach a player from a top team instead of just settling for a free agent.

Feel like Heinz would be their best option. Aggressive, does the dirty work, and has a great shot.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I haven't seen anyone mention this but I personally think Victory X would have been their best pickup. IMO he's the backbone of that Leftover team and would've done really well with the EG players.

100% agree. Especially since the worlds format will be different. Its hard to tell. This is definitely a gamble on Lethul's part, but if it works out then the money will make it worth it.

Yea it's a huge gamble. The only thing I dislike about team changes/drops, especially this late, is how it affects the team. 2gre has only a couple days to get a team and his chances of winning just lowered quite a bit which is kinda unfair. As with EG Lxthul leaving them probably decreased their chances of winning (but maybe not cuz Commonly is great). It just sorta messes everyone else up and hurts their chances at the big $$$. I can't help but feel terrible for 2gre is he can't get a god squad. And Ninja and Spartan have been shafted so many times it's crazy.

But yea with an actual tourney we will see how this all plays out. Double elim Bo5 is the real deal.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@LethuL but let's not pretend like they didn't make you, they made you not the other way around.

As someone who watches a good load of the pro streams, I will say lxthul was already a top player before teaming with these.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The crazy thing is.. we still have what another 2-3 days until lock? 

Some of the teams that form today, will probably be different tomorrow.

I haven't seen anyone mention this but I personally think Victory X would have been their best pickup. IMO he's the backbone of that Leftover team and would've done really well with the EG players.

Victory X wouldn't just leave like that though. He sees the potential in his team with Spartan. Renegades was playing very well against EG and other top teams.

Honestly, they are probably going to pick up Tom or Justin (Fear). Unless a player is willing to leave their team, I believe it will be one of those 2 players to be on Renegades. And I happen to believe that Tom and Justin bring more to a team and Commonly.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yea it's a huge gamble. The only thing I dislike about team changes/drops, especially this late, is how it affects the team. 2gre has only a couple days to get a team and his chances of winning just lowered quite a bit which is kinda unfair. As with EG Lxthul leaving them probably decreased their chances of winning (but maybe not cuz Commonly is great). It just sorta messes everyone else up and hurts their chances at the big $$$. I can't help but feel terrible for 2gre is he can't get a god squad. And Ninja and Spartan have been shafted so many times it's crazy.

But yea with an actual tourney we will see how this all plays out. Double elim Bo5 is the real deal.

I feel so bad for 2gre that I want to start a go-fund-me to give him 100$

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

For sure. One of the reasons I like EG so much is because they were the only team not making changes. It makes me think maybe the team chemistry just wasnt what Lethul wanted. Not sure why else he would leave since the other 3 are easily top 10 players in the game.

He left because on paper they look unbeatable but we all know what we read on paper isn't always so... It's the theory of once again, if you put the best 4 slayers together (even though I don't think those 4 are the best 4 but up there) will they make the best team? I think many trial and error teams have answered that with a blunt NO. But who knows they could have godly teamwork, the thing is he took a very stupid risk from a very comfortable place he was in with EG. #GoodluckLethal

I think the timing is the biggest part of tall of this. If this had happened after OT1 or 2, it would have been big, but not as bad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Jesus Christ. The one night in the past year that I actually go to bed early and the whole scene just up and shits itself. Glad I finally made it to the end so I can go eat breakfast.

I think this would be a good opportunity for Ninja to go hard for 2gre. A guy that smart and experienced could be the calm, measured mentor voice that Ninja needs to be his absolute best.

• Upvote (+1) 2

As someone who watches a good load of the pro streams, I will say lxthul was already a top player before teaming with these.

No doubt I definitely agree and I believe in that rant, I stated at the start that I think he's a very good player that possesses a top players ability, but come on let's be honest, before EG picked him up besides that one time where Ryanoob disrupted The God Squad gameplay and beat them once in Reach and that one tourney that Formal went off because Formals a God when else has he won a tourney? And do you really think he'd take another tourney from EG with who ever else they'd pick up if it wasn't lethal, I guess it's just speculation but I doubt he would of and if he did it wouldn't be consistent like how EG wins tournies. Either way, what I'm getting at is Roy/Box made him look good by giving him the oppertunity to team with them and win consistent in a row tourneys, instead of getting lucky and dethroning them once very different halo title.

Also, I don't see how people can possibly make the argument OG2's age isn't a problem. It is public knowledge he's having joint issues. I can't speak to how it impacts his play, but he definitely can't play/practice all day every day like an 18 year old. The years of gaming are taking their toll.

What are you even talking about? It's gaming not football. 29 is not old. Especially for a console gamer. Wow, that old man frame can't handle sitting down moving his thumbs - he might just drop dead when he has to exert his fingers to go from one button to another. I bet he'll have a heart attack when a grenade spooks him. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What are you even talking about? It's gaming not football. 29 is not old. Especially for a console gamer. Wow, that old man frame can't handle sitting down moving his thumbs - he might just drop dead when he has to exert his fingers to go from one button to another. I bet he'll have a heart attack when a grenade spooks him. 

for an older pro gamer i think the most likely thing to break down is your hands

i'm sure he's been taking good care of his arms/wrists/hands for a long time now, he's got a sports background, he's not dumb, i'm sure he is good in that regard

i think he could play another 10 years at a elite/high level if he were motivated (assuming he's got no injuries)