CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Is there any possibility of putting team changes on the front page so it's easier to catch up on?

MLG used to do it with embedded twitter/forum posts (maybe a youtube video nowadays) where the announcements happened (maybe beyond did this too, I can't remember), it was really helpful for most people.

Granted I know it would take some more effort and I'm not asking anyone to go back and find all the required stuff for this but maybe it is something that could be included in a future thread?

@@CyReN @@Saucey

• Upvote (+1) 1

you can't at all blame the players when the league allows roster changes

and you can't really blame the league cause it's still technically the qualifying stage

the only way to prevent this is a format change of some sort, i'm not smart or motivated enough to figure it out but i'm sure someone could

maybe make it so you need X points as a team to qualify and once you get X amount of points your roster is locked 

the only way i can see to maintain team continuity is to have a pro league where you can only make roster changes before the season starts

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still like lethul a lot after this. At least he was man enough to get in a call and explain his decision to his team. The much bigger deal is CLG dropping 2gre. I just feel from what I've watched(which is pretty much every scrim/cup/etc that has been streamed) 2gre brings a lot more to the table then frosty.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Imagine being that one guy that follows HCS news all the time and you head to bed early and miss it all.

Yeah.... I went to bed early. Just found out and started catching up now. Fml

I still like lethul a lot after this. At least he was man enough to get in a call and explain his decision to his team. The much bigger deal is CLG dropping 2gre. I just feel from what I've watched(which is pretty much every scrim/cup/etc that has been streamed) 2gre brings a lot more to the table then frosty.

Yeah when I read Lethul was going to CLG I thought for sure Frosty was out.

@@LethuL that was literally one of the most ******** moves in halo history.. Reminds me of the neighbor to FB move, which on paper looks great but didn't actually work out the way they thought it would. Now by no means do I think lethal is a bad player and he possesses many great quality which makes him a top talent. But jumping the gun like that before even the FIRST LAN. That's so premature, and feeble minded. 1st off you guys have won the last what, 5-6 LANs in a row? 2nd off you guys haven't even had a fair fighting chance to explore your true potential, not being beaten on LAN in so long, and also not getting to play a double elimination BO5 tournament instead of this single elimination most rounds BO3 (with break-out) garbage. I would of understood this move a lot more, if you guys failed and actually choked at a LAN event even though you guys have won so much together, and after having so many 1st in a row and then not winning a tourney most teams would still stick together. But just after losing 2 ONLINE "Qualifiers" where you placed 2nd in the last one only losing by 1 kill, and getting screwed by your lag out in game 4, come on now even you must take those FACTS into consideration and realize that you've made a HUGE, rash mistake. Also leaving ROY and LUNCHBOX those are hands down the best players in halo history... The tournament wins, consistency, and being on top throughout all the halos they've played in history proves it. Then Snip3down he's clearly an amazing slayer who when he's comfortable will win, and change games. That combination with Roy/Box with the hands down best communication and teamwork throughout halo is by far the most braindead thing to leave. Your very lucky you got the opportunity you did to team with them, but let's not pretend like they didn't make you, they made you not the other way around. Before them you had maybe 1, 2 tournament wins? They had more than that when you weren't even placing in the top 32.

• Downvote (-1) 3

EG after @LethuL says he's leaving:

6BdEIPc.gif

I mean, really. No one saw this. I didn't see this. I just read 30 pages and I still don't understand how all of this has gone down in the past 12 hours.

Holy crap, though. Dropping Ogre2 is just ridiculous. Too old? Lemme tell you a story about a pitcher named Randy Johnson.

• Upvote (+1) 4

@@LethuL that was literally one of the most ******** moves in halo history.. Reminds me of the neighbor to FB move, which on paper looks great but didn't actually work out the way they thought it would. Now by no means do I think lethal is a bad player and he possesses many great quality which makes him a top talent. But jumping the gun like that before even the FIRST LAN

you can't make a roster change after the first lan

the transfer period ends in 3 days

take a deep breath young man, calm yourself

(also u called roybox the goats :holmes: )

• Upvote (+1) 3

Got your tinfoil hats ready?

Why hasn't the Renegades org been announced yet?

- Renegades isn't happy with the current roster.

- Heinz/APG contact Renegades, get org to sign them.

- They recruit Mikwen (since Ola is retired)

- They recruit F/A Ogre 2

- Form Renegades

- Also Ninja/Spartan rejoin Liquid org with Unlegit/Ace

This is the worst/best part about trying to read through a backlog of posts :walshy: trying to find posts about one thing then get hit with another.

What an insane night.

Where the GOAT goes, I follow...

owyfdzU.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

As a EG fan, sad to see Lxthul leave for obvious reasons.

To put it in perspective, It would be alot worse had it been Snip3down, LBX or Roy who had left.

I definitely understand this sentiment but with so much money on the line can you really blame players for making sure they're on a team they feel most comfortable with?

Players can run games during the off season and determine who they're "comfortable" with. Commit to that team until the next off season. 

Royal 2, Snakebite, and Ogre2 had been teaming for 2 years? You don't think they were comfortable together? They placed well in each OQ and took first in one of them. They were one of the favorites to take worlds. 

As a EG fan, sad to see Lxthul leave for obvious reasons.

To put it in perspective, It would be alot worse had it been Snip3down, LBX or Roy who had left.

Why?

I don't feel there are many players that mesh well (or counteract) NInja's play style. Add a player like mikwin in and you'll have another classic ninja team that has 4 good players that can't seem to win games like they should on paper.

I don't disagree with this, but if Mikwen were to fill the same role Commonly did (i.e don't make mistakes/Sit back with Snipe) I feel he could do exactly what Commonly did but better.

This is insane.

• From what I remember watching, commonly was a pretty clutch and awesome player. Constantly saw him rape kids. He's got more of a 'pistola' gameplay than Lxthul.
  • There HAD to have been a really good reason to drop Ogre2. I think he is the worst in terms of individual skill on CLG but someone brought up the fact he's the glue. I think Lxthul's play style will fit in well, but Sunday will tell.
  • Ninja get's boned AGAIN. If he calmed down with some aggressive plays, he'd be one of the top players (nobody has a better CQC gameplay)
  • Naded be like B)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@Moses_FPS Okay I forgot the roster lock was in a few days or whatever, either way you can't argue with every single other point I made there. You can't leave a team if you guys haven't lost a LAN tourney in 6 events... That's just plain stupid and the chemistry was already established there... lol and that was my exhale in that post.

@@LethuL that was literally one of the most ******** moves in halo history.. Reminds me of the neighbor to FB move, which on paper looks great but didn't actually work out the way they thought it would. 

Well Lethul did team with Neighbor in 2011. Maybe he's in the team killer stage of his career?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

i would like to see mikwen join renegades, but he would probably just ditch tyler again for some ogre 2 god squad last second. And although i think ogre2 can fit any playstyle, he would have to take such a step down to replace commonly, who did LOTS of dirty work. Which is also why i dont think commonly is going to work on eg, unless he surprises me with a crazy slaying ability. lbx already does all the dirty work. i ultimately think commonly made a mistake, but i am a fan of working things out as a team before bailing. The leftovers squad above everything was a great story. and leftovers should pick up bubu dubu and beat EG just for fun.

Commonly is under rated.. Since Reach you could tell he wasn't intimidated by a "name" He plays well hence why Ninja was more than happy to team with him after all that happened.

Imagine tomorrow when all the people who were asleep come trickling in, and they realize they missed it.

I just read through 30+ pages......

Reaching the current page like

clxXzNS.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

@@Moses_FPS Okay I forgot the roster lock was in a few days or whatever, either way you can't argue with every single other point I made there. You can't leave a team if you guys haven't lost a LAN tourney in 6 events... That's just plain stupid and the chemistry was already established there... lol and that was my exhale in that post.

That's the messed up part I don't get. Some of these kids have almost ZERO LAN experience. I get we're on dedicated servers (lol) and stuff now, but that's a big deal.

I was pretty godly online in H2, but that was it. Barely made it out of AM every (few) events I went to. LAN chemistry and XP is a big deal. FFS we almost lost to Girls Got Game, that stress is nothing compared to 2 million $$$.

There will be some pretty interesting team changes after the LAN and $$$ is won if it's like this now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

hey dude just so you know next time

Click the ... button on a tweet

image.png

Click the Copy Link to Tweet

copylink.png

Paste that link into a forum post. The forum will do the rest.

i don't disagree that it's risky, it's actually insanely and incredibly risky, but if lethul feels like he's gonna perform better on CLG you can't knock him

it might seem crazy but if CLG out places EG then it will be one of the smartest F/A moves in a long time