CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The storm isn't over yet. 

Ogre 2 could now cause another wave of team changes.

Unless he goes to Renegades.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The storm isn't over yet. 

Ogre 2 could now cause another wave of team changes.

Unless he goes to Renegades.

Would his play style really fit with Renegades? I haven't watched him a whole lot so I don't really know but I thought he had a fairly slow play style whereas Renegades are very aggressive.

Rosters & Standings

1st) Allegiance eSports - Naded, eL Town, Suspector, Cratos = 60,615

2nd) Evil Geniuses - Snip3down, Lunchbox, Roy, LethuL = 44,765

3rd) Counter Logic Gaming - OGRE 2, Royal 2, Snakebite, Frosty = 42,975

4th) Renegades - Spartan, Ninja, Victory X, Commonly = 30,215

5th) Team Liquid - Ace, Unlegit, aPG, Heinz= 26,515

6th) Team EnVyUs - iGotUrPistola, Mikwen, Cloud, Hysteria = 25,255

7th) Lets Get This Money - Jeese Unleashed, JuicyFruit, Omega, Posey = 23,215

8th) Dream Team - Aries, Prototype, JesseThRiZLE, Tire Iron = 22,725

*Last updated 1/18

With only 2k points in the difference between EG and CLG

I presume Lxthul had 2k+ points more than commonly.

EG now 3rd seed?

Would his play style really fit with Renegades? I haven't watched him a whole lot so I don't really know but I thought he had a fairly slow play style whereas Renegades are very aggressive.

I don't think so.  He needs to go on a Slayer Heavy roster.

And Renegades needs to chase a Slayer Heavy player in my opinion (cough cough @Mikwen)

• Upvote (+1) 2

You do know that not every player has to play the exact same way right? Contrasting playstyles are what creates good teams.

Not saying he should join Renegades, but different playstyles isn't exactly a good reason not to. It just depends on what Renegades need.

You do know that not every player has to play the exact same way right? Contrasting playstyles are what creates good teams.

Not saying he should join Renegades, but different playstyles isn't exactly a good reason not to. It just depends on what Renegades need.

Obviously you need different playstyles, you can't be made up of only slayers for example. However do you need players who's gameplay pace will gel well together. For example Ninja only really plays well when combined with players who are also willing to be very aggressive and push regularly.

As I said though, I don't really know how Ogre plays hence why I was asking if he would fit on Renegades.

How many points would Ogre 2 bring to a team at this point? Enough to affect another notable seeding change depending on who he ends up with?

Renegades will easily get worse with mikwin. Only way

I see them coming out of this without getting worse is picking up one of the new Liquid players.....

• Downvote (-1) 1

I don't think so. He needs to go on a Slayer Heavy roster.

And Renegades needs to chase a Slayer Heavy player in my opinion (cough cough @Mikwen)

That may be the case, but Renegades would be making a mistake if they didn't at least run games with Ogre 2. And honestly, I could see that working for Renegades. 2gre's knowledge and experience could really help Ninja and Spartan, and he's already teamed with Victory, so I'd imagine there's some chemistry there already.

Renegades will easily get worse with mikwin. Only way

I see them coming out of this without getting worse is picking up one of the new Liquid players.....

Curious why you'd think they'd get worse with Mikwen?

10+ pages, Jesus christ

96d.png

Woke up this morning to 250 skype messages! Everyone was so confused, the Lethul effect is in full force!!

Obviously you need different playstyles, you can't be made up of only slayers for example. However do you need players who's gameplay pace will gel well together. For example Ninja only really plays well when combined with players who are also willing to be very aggressive and push regularly.

Ogre 2 isn't willing to be aggressive or push regularly? I wasn't aware of this.

I don't feel there are many players that mesh well (or counteract) NInja's play style. Add a player like mikwin in and you'll have another classic ninja team that has 4 good players that can't seem to win games like they should on paper.

Ogre 2 isn't willing to be aggressive or push regularly? I wasn't aware of this.

As I said though, I don't really know how Ogre plays hence why I was asking if he would fit on Renegades.

LONG ASS UNNECESSARY POST BELOW, BEWARE!

I am seeing a lot of posts here about how Lethul and the rest of EG got along. While I don't think we can really establish how well they did get along just from Twitch, I am of the belief that they were all friends and that they were all more than happy to team with each other, especially Lethul, until he decided it was no longer for him. As far as team chemistry, in game they were the best, they knew how to play Halo as a team the best for a pretty long time man. Out of game though, while I said that I believe they got along with each other great, they were definitely very different personalities, especially Lethul from the rest of them and we don't really know what they were like off stream anyway. Lethul is definitely really different from the rest of EG. As far as out of game chemistry goes I think he found that the most when he teamed with Formal, APG and Maniac. Because they were all extremely great friends in and out of game and just had more chemistry in that sense. Definitely looking forward to seeing who Lethul teams with and will definitely be a fan of both squads. It makes sense that Snipedown is pissed, anyone would be, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Lethul did or didn't do anything worth the community being pissed at him for apart from putting them in a difficult team situation (which he himself may also be in) which is the immediate result of any team change for at least one party. Team changes are necessary sometimes and if his team can't understand why, then we can't hope to until we hear Lethul's explanation which he said he would say next time he streams.