CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I knew I was in for something crazy when I refreshed the forum at work, and saw over 30 pages since I last checked..

But hot damn.

Hopefully 2gre ends up on a solid team, not gonna lie though, would of liked to see this story end with him on EG. 

It'll be interesting to see how the rest of this plays out. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think EG picked the best player available to fill the role they need to win. Commonly plays a clean consistent Halo. He may not be flashy like some top players but I've never seen a team lose a match because of a mistake he made. He won't often be the sole reason they win but he certainly won't be the reason they lose either. EG didn't get worse from this like some people seem to think. They have a consistent 4th that is easily molded and willing to listen. CLG gains more slaying power but as the past has shown that isn't necessarily a good thing. Ogre 2 is a selfless player that makes plays his teammates simply refuse to make. Every time I watch CLG play the only thing I think of is how slow they are. It's obvious Royal 2 is an absolute beast slayer but he is also a large part of the reason CLG plays so slowly. I've seen matches where he moved less in an entire game than his teammates did in a couple respawns. This can sometimes work in their favor but other times 1/3 of his kills come away from the objective and don't result in the team pushing up. Adding Lethul to the roster will make them unstoppable in most slayer gametypes but likely worse in objective. Not because Lethul is worse at OBJ than Ogre 2, he's not, but because if Royal 2 and Snakebite can't listen to Ogre 2 in game then I doubt they will listen to Lethul either. Overall I don't think CLG gets worse but I don't see them getting better either. As far as Ogre 2 goes I hope he lands on nV, Allegiance, or Renegades. He could fit into each of those teams and provide a much needed guidance. Any team Ogre 2 is on immediately improves the players around him. Spartan could be the best in the game with that type of counsel. Of course all of this is just my personal opinion and I could be completely wrong about everything. It's hard to predict how these teams will perform. The only fact in all of this is how unfortunate it is to see a team drop a legend just 3 days before rosters lock without any warning. I don't blame Lethul because he was just trying to do what is best for him to win. I don't blame anyone in the situation for wanting to improve. I just can't wrap my head around how you do this to the greatest Halo player of all time this close to a deadline leaving his future uncertain. As a fan of Ogre 2 since CE a lot of what I am saying is probably skewed but it's hard to justify dropping someone who has won 40 major tournaments. Rant over.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

This whole thing isn't over. There will be more changes.

Definitely. Whoever Renegades/Leftovers' 4th is, it'll probably be someone leaving a top 8 team. Then someone will leave another good team to fill that team. We've got a game of Musical Fourths and it's only just begun.

• Upvote (+1) 3

lol no. I'm a Lxthul fan and an Ogre2 fan but i was never a CLG fan

Yeah, I understand what you mean. I just support whichever team snakebite is on, so that would just mean I'm still rooting for CLG if that's a better way of putting it.

Wonder why EG didn't pick up 2gre, especially since LBX and Roy have been on a Godsquad with him before in Reach.

It wont happen, but Renegades should pick-up Stellur. Ninja lives in Chicago, he could drive to the optic house and pick Stellur up lol.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I just spent my whole work hour catching up on this thread. So many conflicting feelings. I hope 2gre joins Allegiance so Naded and the GOAT can win the 2 million.

• Upvote (+1) 4

When Commonly got that call from EG when a 2 million $ tournament around the corner.

tumblr_nw6focQr811ql0zqbo1_400.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

Will be interesting to see why you would leave guaranteed top 3 and a big chunk of change but not gonna dwell on that as I'm sure he has reasons just as everyone else does...

Not that I don't think commonly is an impressive player but EG made a statement they were going to take their time and find someone I wouldn't necessarily call less than 24 hours that.....I think with a lot of the younger talent pool at their they should have at least tried a few options (aka Frosty)

*Wakes up -> See 40 + new pages *  Was not(and at the same time VERY) disappointed. I don't understand the thought process of CLG dropping the :goat:   just three days before roster lock when they have been teaming for a very long time. I find it very disrespectful to Tom as player/person that they waited this long(this is assuming they were thinking about it already) to make this move. This is literally a life changing decision(lots of $$ on the line) that for the most part  was 100% secure money for him. I hope he lands on a very good team and as I fan I will root for him and w.e team he ends on. As for Lethul, if you think you did what was best for you then go for it, and if that happens to be joining CLG, I'll be rooting against you when you face w.e team Ogre 2 land's on. 

I'm very sad at this moment and a little mad at CLG for doing this. The GOAT will prevail.

I think this might be the beginning of the end for ogre 2

Possibly, but don't forget people said he was done in '08/09. Then '10 happened.

If his drive is there and he keeps playing, you can't count him out. He looked like he just didn't get top level H3 for those two years but still turned it around for the 3 peat.

Also, we haven't even had a proper event in this game yet. Trying to predict how players will do long term from the sidelines seems super premature at this point. Even pros who aren't doing as well as they have at previous titles could bounce back if they're dedicated and put time in to learning the game. Honestly one of the biggest things that young guns have is drive and hunger, which can be harder for older pros to keep when their comfort zone is upset by a new game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Damn i really wanted this renegade team to work, they were def. a contender to win this next cup especially with other top teams switching a player if they would of stuck together... disappointing. Hopefully they find someone good.

CLG and EG have both gone from a guaranteed enormous paycheck with a realistic chance of winning to complete uncertainty 3 days before the roster lock. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just got caught up on 37 pages of forums.

Conclusion: I'm never sleeping again.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Shout out to my boy Commonly, I remember him when he was still squeaking like a teenage girl. As a player he's literally played his way to the top, which is inspirational for me because I've given up on grinding and competing so many times. He's definitely one of the best teammates I've ever had and has been a wizard since late reach/h4.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Do you think they approached naded? Is naded that confident in el town, suspector, and cratos' experience and composure to win a 2mill tourney?

Works busy as fuck, still so much I want to say and questions to ask.

Sunday's OQ will be very VERY interesting to say the least.

I really hope Ogre 2 finds a good team. Imagine Worlds without the :goat:

Some people really lack common sense. People who believe stats mean everything are crazy.

The call of duty community are infected with these stat whores who camp in buildings getting themselves a nice 2 K/D in Obj games. Then flaunt there KDs at people who question their ability. Its depressing to see this creeping into Halo.

Yea commonly has his negative games, he is replacing Lxhul who himself often goes negative. It comes with his style of play. To be honest, Im rather surprised if I see Lxthul go positive. Is he a bad player? Far from it.

I was surprised to see @@Commonly picked. But anyone who thinks @@Snip3down rushed into the decision would be wrong. EG have scrimmed all the top players in the games, Im sure they watched all the top players POVs. Although they might not have been looking for a team mate, they sure as hell knew who was good at the game and what strengths people bring to the table.

Ive only really seen Commonly since Ninja started teaming with him and I have been impressed. He has a Conor Mcgregor style of rise. Incredible.

Super sad to see the GOAT dropped. He will find a good team no doubt. Expect another hurricane soon, could probably see his presence as a F/A cause more team drama.

How does all this effect seeds? 2gre will be an attractive FA both because of being the GOAT and because of his points.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Big question right there. I gotta think not though after winning two of the OQ

Highly doubt he left (if at all) because he was sick of the whining and fighting (I mean every team does that shit), but if you watched his streams over the past year (H2A / H5) there were definitely a lot of times where it was as if his voice was not heard / generally disregarded. Literally you'd hear him just say stuff all the time like "Nobody listens to me". And there were a lot of situations where he was right. 

Reminds me now of the storm when Formal left nV to orchestrate a team that he wanted, because he knew surrounded by the people he wanted it would be successful. I still recall a ton of people wondering why Formal did it (I think it was after nV had a bunch of wins as well and came off Gfinity or something). It definitely took some time to get Karma and Crim together but it finally happened. 

True. Accidental neg :/

• Upvote (+1) 1