CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yea I forgot you were in the call. When I joined and told them my reasons and thought process as for what I was doing. And told them probably 5-10 minutes after I had got all of my ducks in a row. I understand if you are angry at me or something but please be for the right reasons. I can agree with you on the notice as in time of roster lock, but that's just a shitty part of the scenario. It's not like I have been waiting to screw anyone over. 

He knew what you were going to say to your team before you even knew you were going to change teams. #laserfocus #Louis

• Upvote (+1) 3

I always knew Lethul was too immature to team with Roy, Lunchbox, and Snipedown. This was inevitable.

Also, yeah, no way AE is picking up 2gre, lol.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 17

I always knew Lethul was too immature to team with Roy, Lunchbox, and Snipedown. This was inevitable.

I agree

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Fans and Eric can say whatever they want to justify them picking up Commonly, but the fact remains that not at least waiting until the day time tomorrow to find a fourth when you are playing in a 2M tourney seems brash.

So you would have them wait an extra day or even 3 days so that when they inevitably poach a player from a top 8 team, that team and the team after them and so on would be fucked with roster locks approaching? EG made a smart move for themselves and the rest of the teams that were effected by all this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Roster locks would be silly at this point. This is a new game. Everyone is figuring out strats and team comps. I'd understand team locks in LoL or CSGO... but not H5. This is interesting and entertaining. HWC just got a lot more entertaining.

Wanted to bring it back up again - 

We're going to be stuck in this never-ending loop trying to legitimize not only the game's competitive scene but "eSports" as a sport if there's no foundation. There needs to be some control to make sure there IS a long-term. 

Can't say much for all the behind the scenes that happened with the latest move, but big picture there definitely needs to be more things in place that all players need to follow. Maybe more restrictions for team changes, maybe an earlier roster lock, maybe a points deduction. It's definitely a difficult task though to find an acceptable ground, given the infrastructure that currently exists in eSports is still very nascent (especially in Halo). 

There's definitely nothing wrong with Lethul leaving EG but perhaps there should be more enforcements on when roster moves can happen, and what types of repercussions come with changes to a player or team change (willing or not). If we have arbitrators, transfer fees, buyouts, salary caps, pro vs relegation, actual binding contracts in actual sports, one can only hope some of those can consistently translate to (and be respected in) eSports. 

Unless the Salaries for Halo E-Sports participants players will most likely reject all of this. When the money is in the prize pool for tournaments and not a consistent payout, the desire for players to change the current structure will be low. 

Look how much this ORG is paying their team: http://lol.esportspedia.com/wiki/Ember

"We also provide housing, an office space, health care, and the comfort of receiving a steady, legitimate paycheck through payroll rather than getting money sent through Paypal and the player having to deal with the taxes themselves."

60k+ Plus!

No top player for Halo is going to want to do this if they are bound to a team and can increase their earnings 1000%s of percents from their org contract 

EDIT: I guess that they are paid pretty high compared to other orgs but

Still... It's a lot harder to supplement being a full time professional gamer with halo compared to other esports where YTs, Streams, and Orgs all provide more $$$

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wanted to bring it back up again - 

We're going to be stuck in this never-ending loop trying to legitimize not only the game's competitive scene but "eSports" as a sport if there's no foundation. There needs to be some control to make sure there IS a long-term. 

Can't say much for all the behind the scenes that happened with the latest move, but big picture there definitely needs to be more things in place that all players need to follow. Maybe more restrictions for team changes, maybe an earlier roster lock, maybe a points deduction. It's definitely a difficult task though to find an acceptable ground, given the infrastructure that currently exists in eSports is still very nascent (especially in Halo). 

There's definitely nothing wrong with Lethul leaving EG but perhaps there should be more enforcements on when roster moves can happen, and what types of repercussions come with changes to a player or team change (willing or not). If we have arbitrators, transfer fees, buyouts, salary caps, pro vs relegation, actual binding contracts in actual sports, one can only hope some of those can consistently translate to (and be respected in) eSports. 

Havnt really thought this out but maybe you forfeit your points if you leave a team. Vice versa if you drop a player you forfeit their points. Example, if all players for one org leave they have 0 points for the rest of the "season". There could be some sort of offseason where you could actively make team changes without penalty. This would benefit teams that stick together and promote growth on teams rather then looking another direction. Again havnt really thought this out or if it could work at any capacity but its just a thought.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@Infinity can you guys make sure an article is posted on the front page about this team change so we don't have to deal with literally 50 "wait wut happened lol" posts tomorrow?

homie im not even sure what I write tonight will be valid by tomorrow morning. As I said to Tashi, this format sucks for spectators and it sucks for people trying to cover and promote competitive Halo. I've drafted up articles such as Power Rankings, coverage for each of the Qualifer Cups, and more, and it all became COMPLETELY irrelevant before I could publish it.

Pretty much all we can do is recap the events that are actually set in stone

• X Games
  • NA/EMEA Regionals
  • Before AND After World Championship Coverage

Reporting week to week would be a waste of our time. And as Saucey said, we prefer the allure of the forum DRAMA to discuss and promote the team changes

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yea I forgot you were in the call. When I joined and told them my reasons and thought process as for what I was doing. And told them probably 5-10 minutes after I had got all of my ducks in a row. I understand if you are angry at me or something but please be for the right reasons. I can agree with you on the notice as in time of roster lock, but that's just a shitty part of the scenario. It's not like I have been waiting to screw anyone over. 

For the record my first comment probably came off the wrong way. When I said as an adult and EG fan it doesn't bother me, I actually just meant it's not going to get me upset that you left because team changes are so trivial. The random comment I quoted to make my reply probably didn't help the context.

In my own personal life I am basically the Lethul to the people I know.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Roster changes make any sport or eSport more fun to watch. I can easily say I haven't been more engaged in Halo 5 eSporfs than I am at this moment.

The rivalries alone that spin out of team changes is enough to gain more hype around the league.

This kind of stuff sparks interest. Look at this thread, right now. It's moving a mile a minute at 4:00AM.

Restrict how often team changes can be made, work together with the respective organizations so everyone is on the same page.

I think EG's lineup stability is a big reason why Lethul's departure is as big of a story as it is. I mean, I woke up at like 6AM (here in France) and caught wind of the news (see what I did there?) on Twitter. I've been tracking this story ever since. If it were almost any other team I probably wouldn't be as surprised or engaged, no offense.

In terms of rivalries, I actually think the EG vs CLG rivalry from HCS last year was the best we've seen in such a long time, and I don't think it's really because of team changes. It's because of how good those teams are and how often they met in the finals. Team changes certainly add to the dynamic however (Ola -> Lethul, Richie -> Cloud).

Thanks for the replies everyone. I wanted to get other opinions on the topic and it seems we're mostly aligned. :D

• Upvote (+1) 7

Holy crap haven't been on the forums in 3 days and Apparently Ninja got dropped by Liquid? And now he's on Leftovers.. And . Vetoe disbanded team Wow I can't even imagine anything crazier happening. I think I still got a little more pages to read too!

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think EG's lineup stability is a big reason why Lethul's departure is as big of a story as it is. I mean, I woke up at like 6AM (here in France) and caught wind of the news (see what I did there?) on Twitter. I've been tracking this story ever since. If it were almost any other team I probably wouldn't be as surprised or engaged, no offense.

In terms of rivalries, I actually think the EG vs CLG rivalry from HCS last year was the best we've seen in such a long time, and I don't think it's really because of team changes. It's because of how good those teams are and how often they met in the finals. Team changes certainly add to the dynamic however (Ola -> Lethul, Richie -> Cloud).

Thanks for the replies everyone. I wanted to get other opinions on the topic and it seems we're mostly aligned. :D

I agree, but I do think some serious new rivalries are going to be formed out of this. TJ started a domino effect that impacted a lot of players.

Regardless, the X Games are going to be great to watch :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Holy crap haven't been on the forums in 3 days and Apparently Ninja got dropped by Liquid? And now he's on Leftovers.. And . Vetoe disbanded team Wow I can't even imagine anything crazier happening. I think I still got a little more pages to read too!

Just wait. Keep reading. Hahah.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah man, you got quite a bit to catch up on haha

to add to #hurricanelouis that is currently happening. Laser Focused is making a comeback new roster incoming. KappaRoss

• Upvote (+1) 1