CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Or he's smart enough to realize that Halo rosters are fickle and decided to have a Twitter username he wouldn't need to change based on a potential team change and therefore lose his verification to.

"New username, new me"

and he said in his twitch chat, "Have you guys seen my new Twitter username?"

You probably didn't see the latter. He was quite clearly baiting.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean this with no disrespect, but this season is atrocious for spectators. I'm not sure if it was you guys over on the HCS team, MLG, or maybe a combination of the two who decided this format, but it was a bad decision

HCS Seasons 1/2 caught some minor flak for having Roster Locks but the situation then was nowhere as unbearable as this. It's nearly impossible for fans to remain dedicated fans of certain players/organizations for more than 2 weeks at a time (hell, look at how much @@ssbChad bounces around to follow Heinz).

A popular eSport is cemented by an awesome competitive game (Radar and Storm Rifles removed pls) and an engaging experience for spectators. We currently do not have much to back the latter half of that statement.

For the first time in competitive Halo history we have a dramatic prize pool that can literally amplify every storyline heading into each event, and its just being muddled by nonsensical team changes. Player based point structure and lack of roster locks is a problem.

Organizations can't hold on to players, fans can't follow a team for more than a week at a time, friendships are ruined and bridges are burned (albeit this part is somewhat comedic), etc.

I'm rambling but my point is that this should never happen again for the future of Halo eSports.

I couldn't agree with this more. 343 and whoever runs the competitive scene need to fix this for next season, if there is a next season. It's bad for spectators, it's bad for organizations who are in the scene and want to get in the scene, and it's bad for the players. A lot of them aren't seeing into the future and don't realize that changing teams every week is not a good strategy. All these team changes are just hurting the scene when it has the best chance to grow huge that it has ever had. Please take the decision out of the players hands next season (to an extent).

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Organizations can't hold on to players, fans can't follow a team for more than a week at a time, friendships are ruined and bridges are burned (albeit this part is somewhat comedic), etc.

Did contracts stop being a thing? How come people get contracted and still change teams left and right?

I'd love if someone who was under contract for an org to enlighten me on this one.

Alright, time to get some sleep. NOBODY post anything until I wake up tomorrow. Thank you.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fans and Eric can say whatever they want to justify them picking up Commonly, but the fact remains that not at least waiting until the day time tomorrow to find a fourth when you are playing in a 2M tourney seems brash.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Benson's going to be super confused on Sunday

ROFLLL

Did contracts stop being a thing? How come people get contracted and still change teams left and right?

I'd love if someone who was under contract for an org to enlighten me on this one.

No contracts still exist, which just makes things more complicated. Spartan went through like 2-3 team changes while under the WFX Brand, Randa was signed to eLevate but his teammates weren't so he just got screwed back to back to back, its pure nonsense.

An organization, its players, and its sponsors can all grow if the teams would just stick together. When an organization grows, Halo grows. Players can get paid more, sponsors become more involved. Ninja for example is the most profitable player for an organization to have a hold of. When he got kicked from C9 they were left with boring players who did nothing for their brand and weren't placing well, and look C9 left and that is one less org that could help make Halo more popular.

Obviously that isn't an example of how lack of Roster Lock affected the orgs, but I can't imagine being a manager of CLG or Liquid and wanting to deal with this nonsense. Thank god for Winterfox, they actually seem to care about growing Halo and participating in our scene.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Two pro's I miss the most are Legit and Bestman. Where the hell did they go?!

Easily two of the most fun players to watch on Sundays. Both are hyper aggressive with incredible br shots so big plays were made quite often while watching them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't understand this Lethul move. They lost scrims/cups in h2a too but still dominated lans.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Welp after 3 hours of following this, I have put together that ola = pistola.

Oh boy.

wait until you figure out what GOAT means

• Upvote (+1) 3

If Cratos actually thinks he brings more to a team than Ogre 2 then there is no hope for that guy. It is hard enough to like the "character" he plays but my God the ego just makes me want to see Ogre 2 replace him and win the HWC. I am a fan of every player on Allegiance besides him and it sucks wanting to see Naded get his first pro LAN win but not wanting to read the snide remarks from Cratos afterwards.

I do... But I'm not a bad guy. We should talk some time.

Ae won't be making a roster change. Hopefully orgs still want to be apart of this train wreck

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 7

wait until you figure out what GOAT means

A mere peasant such as myself knows that is 2gre.

(Is it a different abbreviation than greatest of all time though? Like greatest one always Tom?)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I must have been a real pain for you to deal with I'm sorry you had to go through that. 

That apology was probably better than the reason/notice you gave your former teammates.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't understand this lethul move. They lost scrims/cups in h2a too but still dominated lans.

Lethul wanted to one-up APG's team change drama so he could once again prove that even when it comes to drama, he's Better Than APG.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I know rampant team changes like we've had in the last few weeks are fun to speculate and chat about, but what does everyone think about their overall impact on the scene?

Wanted to bring it back up again - 

We're going to be stuck in this never-ending loop trying to legitimize not only the game's competitive scene but "eSports" as a sport if there's no foundation. There needs to be some control to make sure there IS a long-term. 

Can't say much for all the behind the scenes that happened with the latest move, but big picture there definitely needs to be more things in place that all players need to follow. Maybe more restrictions for team changes, maybe an earlier roster lock, maybe a points deduction. It's definitely a difficult task though to find an acceptable ground, given the infrastructure that currently exists in eSports is still very nascent (especially in Halo). 

There's definitely nothing wrong with Lethul leaving EG but perhaps there should be more enforcements on when roster moves can happen, and what types of repercussions come with changes to a player or team change (willing or not). If we have arbitrators, transfer fees, buyouts, salary caps, pro vs relegation, actual binding contracts in actual sports, one can only hope some of those can consistently translate to (and be respected in) eSports. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That apology was probably better than the reason/notice you gave your former teammates.

Yea I forgot you were in the call. When I joined and told them my reasons and thought process as for what I was doing. And told them probably 5-10 minutes after I had got all of my ducks in a row. I understand if you are angry at me or something but please be for the right reasons. I can agree with you on the notice as in time of roster lock, but that's just a shitty part of the scenario. It's not like I have been waiting to screw anyone over. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

No contracts still exist, which just makes things more complicated. Spartan went through like 2-3 team changes while under the WFX Brand, Randa was signed to eLevate but his teammates weren't so he just got screwed back to back to back, its pure nonsense.

An organization, its players, and its sponsors can all grow if the teams would just stick together. When an organization grows, Halo grows. Players can get paid more, sponsors become more involved. Ninja for example is the most profitable player for an organization to have a hold of. When he got kicked from C9 they were left with boring players who did nothing for their brand and weren't placing well, and look C9 left and that is one less org that could help make Halo more popular.

Obviously that isn't an example of how lack of Roster Lock affected the orgs, but I can't imagine being a manager of CLG or Liquid and wanting to deal with this nonsense. Thank god for Winterfox, they actually seem to care about growing Halo and participating in our scene.

I understand all this stuff, but shouldn't contracts help prevent team hopping like this if done right? Or am I missing something here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It feels like only yesterday we watched LxthuL buy lottery tickets with Towey from random gas stations...

• Upvote (+1) 3