CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Thanks for the support dave

Anytime.

On a serious note - I hope this team works out for you. You had a rough few months at the beginning of H5 and I'm glad to see you with a team around you that you feel comfortable with. You have that raw ability that can't be taught - giving you unlimited potential.

• Upvote (+1) 1

:ghost:

Keep making youtube videos like this recent one. You have to be one of the most likable pro players that Halo has maybe even the most likable. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Stellur really isn't as good as people think. His communication is not at a pro level at all. I think a player like Spartan could have propelled them to a top 8 finish or two in the qualifiers. Maybe even top 4 with a blessed bracket.

I think a big part of it is how much flamesword talks during the game. And even Maniac can get vocal when things aren't going right. Stellur just doesn't know when to jump into the conversation. He tried making a call out last night 3 times in a row and nobody helped/listened.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm glad things are looking up for @@Spartan. I have been a fan of the guy since I first saw him play at some H4 AGL event in New Jersey, with his team Adventure Time. You could tell by watching him that his raw talent was insane, and although he never had amazing success in Halo 4, he stayed on the radar. I am very glad he got a shot in H2A because he really made a name for himself in the community, and now many consider him one of the better players in the game.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm glad things are looking up for @@Spartan. I have been a fan of the guy since I first saw him play at some H4 AGL event in New Jersey, with his team Adventure Time. You could tell by watching him that his raw talent was insane, and although he never had amazing success in Halo 4, he stayed on the radar. I am very glad he got a shot in H2A because he really made a name for himself in the community, and now many consider him one of the better players in the game.

Talent > exposure.

Glad that some pros are really getting on that. Not to shit talk Optic but they are not performing at their best, whereas smaller or less known teams are dominating.

Have people been paying attention to Laser Focused? Any stats guys in know in particular has Mmmm J0e is doing?

As far as I know, this is his first Halo and he's obviously doing pretty damn good. He's teaming with eccentrik and they've had some good placings in the qualifiers. I had posted here and posted some of his montages and stuff because I really thought he was going to break out in this community, and while he isn't on a Top 8 team, he seems to be around a top 16 caliber player. That's very impressive to me and I would imagine he would improve immensely with more experience.

It's been posted before, but here's a small montage from a week or two worth of games from him. Lots of impressive names.

If he has never played a Halo game before H5 and he's already doing this well then kid is a beast.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If he has never played a Halo game before H5 and he's already doing this well then kid is a beast.

Has he played professionally in any other games?

i feel people are underestimating optic.  they have been improving. the reason they are bad now is because they did not put in the time early on and they are behind everyone else.

I think they have the talent to make some upsets if they can get to the regional and then worlds. There is still a good amount of time left for them to close the gap.

• Upvote (+1) 3

i feel people are underestimating optic. they have been improving. the reason they are bad now is because they did not put in the time early on and they are behind everyone else.

I think they have the talent to make some upsets if they can get to the regional and then worlds. There is still a good amount of time left for them to close the gap.

I think their current place in the ranking is exactly what that squad deserves. Other teams are also scriming and improving via practics. There is no real "closing the gap" without a change in the roster. The current roster won't be winning big anytime soon which again sucks for the HCS when they get knocked out early from the finals.

Still shocked that Hecz has let it go on for this long without intervening.

Edit: they are not terrible but not the squad or performances you expect out of a big org.

i feel people are underestimating optic.  they have been improving. the reason they are bad now is because they did not put in the time early on and they are behind everyone else.

after watching lxthul's analysis I feel like lack of strategy could be an issue

• Upvote (+1) 2

after watching lxthul's analysis I feel like lack of strategy could be an issue

Understanding of game flow. Strategy is doing something purposefully outside of game flow. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

They should have locked rosters a while ago to stop these last ditch team changes to try and make the points to qualify.

DID HECZ DO IT????

pretty sure he's just referring to losing items(car keys, wallet, etc etc)

LOL your caption is as Click Bait-y as Maniac's YT videos. 

"DROPPED FROM OPTIC???!? (AGAIN. FOR REAL THIS TIME??!??)" - Maniac's Next Vlog

• Upvote (+1) 3