CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's like I accidentally dodged a bullet

Could have set yourself up for the next 10+ years with the optic following if you played your cards right though. Living comfortably and "security" is more valuable than a possibly one-off tournament. Either way, I hope for and see a bright future for you.

I'm in it for the passion, not the money

I get that, and you could have still won when Hecz decided to keep you and not the whole team if they didn't place well those year ;)

I get that, and you could have still won when Hecz decided to keep you and not the whole team if they didn't place well those year ;)

IF he even would have. But that's besides the point

IF he even would have. But that's besides the point

Yeah. I was excited to see how big you would have gotten on Optic. You're a great entertainer.

Hopefully you win HWC and get even bigger!

Your going to have your own Green Wall though with stacks on stacks when you guys take that 1st place though right!?!?!?!

I like Spartan, and he is really good at Halo 5, but Stellur is also really good at Halo 5. I watch quite a bit of Spartan and have watched Stellur when I've had the chance to, and honestly I wouldn't be able to tell them apart game-wise. Their shot is ridiculous. They know how to move on the maps like few others. Their sniping is on point. Their decision making is top notch.

I think the biggest thing Spartan would have added is communication in-game and after-game. (Something Stellur and Optic as a whole lacks the most)

Edit: And a more "Optic-ish" personality.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wow.... if Optic had @@Spartan  instead of Sstellur?  :walshy: (No diss to Stellur, I think he's a great player, but Spartan is imo just that much better. Still don't think Optic would have been placing well though, but Tyler would have blew up for sure.)

Edit: If Optic had both Spartan AND Sstellur, and Flamesword was coaching??

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Stellur really isn't as good as people think. His communication is not at a pro level at all. I think a player like Spartan could have propelled them to a top 8 finish or two in the qualifiers. Maybe even top 4 with a blessed bracket.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hey ya'll, figured others would enjoy this as much as I have.  This YT channel has all of the 2006 and 2007 MLG Halo 2 television show that was on USA Network back in the day.  It would be great if we had a weekly recap, high end, show like this of some sort for H5. I imagine it would be difficult for it to get on a top network, but could potentially bring in some new viewers. 

LOVED those shows!  Re-watched them a lot over the years on my xbox 360.  Wish they could do something like that now.

"X would have made Y amount of money on Optic"

"X would be a better replacement than Y for Optic and they would place Z ranks higher"

Can we stop having pages and pages of Optic posts now? They suck. They wont save Halo. People that want to catch up on NEW info have to constantly go through pages and pages of stuff about a team that will barely make top 16.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Stellur really isn't as good as people think. His communication is not at a pro level at all. I think a player like Spartan could have propelled them to a top 8 finish or two in the qualifiers. Maybe even top 4 with a blessed bracket.

Definitely noticed that watching him stream last night. That is something that imo is easy to work on though, but it doesn't seem like anyone on Optic thinks it is a problem.

"X would be a better replacement than Y for Optic and they would place Z ranks higher"

Can we stop having pages and pages of Optic posts now? They suck. They wont save Halo. People that want to catch up on NEW info have to constantly go through pages and pages of stuff about a team that will barely make top 16.

This entire thread is supposed to be talking about teams no matter who they are as long as they are competing in the HWC.

Why shouldn't people talk about the biggest FPS organization in Halo 5 even if they aren't placing as high as people would expect?

• Upvote (+1) 8

The interesting part at the moment is who gets left out of the main competition. Even with the low current expectations for them it would still be insane to think of a $2m global world championship with a team as big an Optic getting left behind.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So the numerous pages of adderall, cratos being a horrible person, or the sudds fighting each other are any better?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Has Spartan also been released from the Backstreet Boys? Or are we awaiting confirmation on that still?

Thanks for the support dave

Has Spartan also been released from the Backstreet Boys? Or are we awaiting confirmation on that still?

Can we start a gofundme for him to get frosted tips?

• Upvote (+1) 1

This, thank god someone said this.  Sick and tired of people acting like money is the only and best motivator.  If i won the power ball thing i would probably just drop out of school and keep trying to go pro in halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They do suck. However, like it or not Optic is important. they are in control of one of (if not the) biggest fan bases in console e-sports. The worse they do the worse the HCS does. It's sad that this is the case but it's what we have to work with.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So Naded has made the grind real - no streams, playing consistently - and it has paid off for him and his team.

Really hope he finds the time to continue his YT contenr. More Halo content whether competitive or casual is welcome in this barren wasteland of clickbait and annoyingly all caps titles

• Upvote (+1) 2