CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

There are many instances where people are shy because of the way that they look. They feel insecure about themselves because they think other people are always judging them. If those people were to look good (fit or muscular) they would feel better about themselves and be more outgoing.

Of course that's true in many cases, but a lot of people are just shy bedside they are not outgoing and are scared of embarrassment. I think it was pretty obvious from the Optic videos that is the case for Stellur.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dare you to find one shy slim person who's shy after they pack on a load of muscle.

Towey with girls  :holmes:

Edit: Though he went the other way (wasn't slim)

!gay

!notgay

:kappa:

You're gonna be the first Halo pro sponsored by hairspray, aren't you?

Hair gel****

• Upvote (+1) 6

Towey with girls :holmes:

Edit: Though he went the other way (wasn't slim)

Yes but if you were ever really heavy, when young, it scars your self confidence and even if you get into shape/improve in general after you will still have the social skills of a fat kid. :kappa: I'm sure he's fine with girls and of course there's exceptions but I think it's fair to say this about the vast majority of people. Nowadays we put huge emphasis on looks.

But when I look at the K/D for Liquid the story seems to be incomplete. (unless they actually had a terrible performance)

How is the term 'notable teams' defined?  Does that include the top 15 seeds and potentially some bubble teams?  Would it make any sense at all to make stats for the notable teams based on their performance in the round of 32 and onward regardless of what teams they play?  Even if a bubble team or non notable team made it this far, to me their performance for that cup seems 'notable'.

Liquid only faced 1 'notable' team Sunday. They lost 0-2 to Renegades in Breakout and Slayer. So yes, not a lot of data. They were going to play SvR the round before which is another 'notable' team. But SvR got upset so that matchup never happened.

'Notable' teams are the teams I post the K/Ds of the cups for here and on the HcsStats twitter. Those are the teams I get stats from. The way I determine what teams are considered 'notable' is based off community perception and pros perception.

For example, after Cup #1 I had to decide if I was going to track Overdrive. A few pros I talked to said 'not yet, wait to see if they do anything else'. 

Well, since then, they haven't. So I never tracked Overdrive or considered them a 'notable' team. 

I'll list you the teams for Cup #4 that were 'notable', but team rosters/team names change constantly so it's not set in stone:

Allegiance, EG, CLG, Liquid, Renegades, EnVy, Dream Team, Let's Get This Money, Elevate, Laser Focused, Winterfox, Disobey, Noble, ' team, No Barber But We, Optic, Str8 Rippin, SvR.

*Edit* It's always a tough line to create, because you don't want to include "lesser" teams, because you don't want to artificially inflate Pro Teams stats.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Liquid only faced 1 'notable' team Sunday. They lost 0-2 to Renegades in Breakout and Slayer. So yes, not a lot of data. They were going to play SvR the round before which is another 'notable' team. But SvR got upset so that matchup never happened.

'Notable' teams are the teams I post the K/Ds of the cups for here and on the HcsStats twitter. Those are the teams I get stats from. The way I determine what teams are considered 'notable' is based off community perception and pros perception.

For example, after Cup #1 I had to decide if I was going to track Overdrive. A few pros I talked to said 'not yet, wait to see if they do anything else'. 

Well, since then, they haven't. So I never tracked Overdrive or considered them a 'notable' team. 

I'll list you the teams for Cup #4 that were 'notable', but team rosters/team names change constantly so it's not set in stone:

Allegiance, EG, CLG, Liquid, Renegades, EnVy, Dream Team, Let's Get This Money, Elevate, Laser Focused, Winterfox, Disobey, Noble, ' team, No Barber But We, Optic, Str8 Rippin, SvR.

*Edit* It's always a tough line to create, because you don't want to include "lesser" teams, because you don't want to artificially inflate Pro Teams stats.

Thanks for shedding some light on who you are tracking.

Another thought, would it also make any sense at all to include the number of notable teams a team has played?  So when you see something like a 0.5 K/D you know whether that was in a single series or over multiple series.  

I suppose for me if I didn't have the opportunity to watch all the series, the stats help craft my story of the weekend.  Knowing how many series played against notable teams seems to make the story more clear.

Again just some thoughts.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The thing I like most about Spartan is that he's a nice guy too. I feel like so many players that started to place "pro" in H4-H2A have an ego that they shouldn't have, but here's Spartan who has actually risen to the top when there's real competition (unlike those others) and has been nothing but humble and cool.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The thing I like most about Spartan is that he's a nice guy too. I feel like so many players that started to place "pro" in H4-H2A have an ego that they shouldn't have, but here's Spartan who has actually risen to the top when there's real competition (unlike those others) and has been nothing but humble and cool.

Reach players are the most egocentric (@Lxthul)

The way you have your dates are soo.....UnAmerican! (19/01/2016 vs 01/19/2016)

Yeah thats my bad 

Reach players are the most egocentric (@Lxthul)

He's a combine kid. Even worse.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Question, does anyone know what international teams were invited to the x games? I'm guessing Epsilon and maybe Team Dignitas?

Question, does anyone know what international teams were invited to the x games? I'm guessing Epsilon and maybe Team Dignitas?

yeah epsilon and dignitas 

• Upvote (+1) 1

VM7OVKN.png

For clarity, the team you play with on the 24th is the team you submit to be considered for top 15 regionals?  If so the bubble teams will live and die with their rosters that day.  It will be really exciting to watch teams compete for their chance at regionals rather than witnessing post event roster fuckery.  Also I wonder if we'll see any roster shading going on this week.  I wonder if there are any bubble teams that don't want to take their chances with the next qualifier who will pad their points lead early by picking up some well endowed F/A's.

For clarity, the team you play with on the 24th is the team you submit to be considered for top 15 regionals?  If so the bubble teams will live and die with their rosters that day.  It will be really exciting to watch teams compete for their chance at regionals rather than witnessing post event roster fuckery.  Also I wonder if we'll see any roster shading going on this week.  I wonder if there are any bubble teams that don't want to take their chances with the next qualifier who will pad their points lead early by picking up some well endowed F/A's.

Yea the roster you play with on the 24th is your squad for your chance at top 15. Or you submit your roster before the 5th OT.

Personally, if I was a top team and I know I'm not making roster changes, I'd just submit before the 22nd 5pm EST cutoff. If you for whatever reason don't get checked in for OT5 and your team doesn't get submitted...just imagine.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i am not a math wizard but I think its possible that if certain Free Agents Team up to form teams they have enough points to push Optic out of top 16 and screw them out of regional.

You mean dates which actually make sense? Right?

I donno, I like to write it as I would say it: January 19th, 2016 ----> 01/19/2016

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yea the roster you play with on the 24th is your squad for your chance at top 15. Or you submit your roster before the 5th OT.

Personally, if I was a top team and I know I'm not making roster changes, I'd just submit before the 22nd 5pm EST cutoff. If you for whatever reason don't get checked in for OT5 and your team doesn't get submitted...just imagine.

True, but if you submit your roster the 22nd, does that prohibit you from playing in OT 5? Cause those points are pretty important for seeding/qualification.

Also I think some players should totally take advantage of their points to get an invitational to Regional. It is great experience and I think just because you cant get a perfect team does not mean you should give up.