CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

How is Hecz team doing? Are they going to win HWC?

That's irrelevant. Nike will pay Lebron, regardless of making the finals. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't think you could be more wrong.

Marketability matters greatly to these orgs.  They have to make money somehow.  Driving ad views seems like one of the biggest ways to do that.  Having the most popular halo twitch streamer seems like a great way to do that. 

Should it work that way maybe not but is that how it works of course.  Look at something like NASCAR where Danica Patrick gets way more coverage then should should based how she finishes.  Yet she is still valuable because everyone knows who she is. 

My point is that skill comes first. Snip3down is top 3 player in the game and EG could now market him in big ways. If he starts producing content and building his brand i guarantee he will be bigger than any other halo streamer. Oh, and most important he has a legitimate chance to win the 2million.

Danica is getting looks because she is the first female nascar driver, its a different case because this is something that she is the 1st to do. If your skill/ability can't back up in your profession, then time is just ticking until it all disappears. Marketability is important to Orgs yes, but I guarantee a winning team to carry the name is more important. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

How? Lebron has won 2 finals and been to 6. Been MVP 4 times, and been to all star game since he got in the league i believe? He is a TOP player and marketable which is what you want in someone. When NBA/NFL sports teams start paying max contract to players that are "marketable" and not a top player in their position let me know. 

Ninja should consider Optic as a sponsor. I dont know why he does not.

He has the drive to make content and the personality to benefit from the optic brand.  By attracting these other top orgs Ninja has helped his teammates and other halo players more than it has helped him personally.

With the optic brand even if he gets booted from the team a fanbase he develops can follow him and help expand his personal brand.

• Upvote (+1) 2

How is Hecz team doing? Are they going to win HWC?

They just announced the first ever eSport organization book publishing deal (seriously, there is an OpTic Gaming BOOK coming out in 2016) and moved into a mansion, so I'd venture to state that they are doing pretty well regardless of whether or not their Halo team makes HWC.  Their Halo team is still pleasing sponsors by pumping out a growing number of content views.  The only people that are being hurt by the under-performance of the Halo team are the players themselves who are potentially losing out on a lot of money.

You just said that the first thing the Organizations need to look at is winning, which is purely false.  Organizations make money from companies paying them to essentially sell their products.  A company that sells mousepads would rather sponsor an organization that will sell a million mousepads and finish 10th every event than an organization that will sell 100,000 mousepads but finish 1st.

• Upvote (+1) 4

They just announced the first ever eSport organization book publishing deal (seriously, there is an OpTic Gaming BOOK coming out in 2016) and moved into a mansion, so I'd venture to state that they are doing pretty well regardless of whether or not their Halo team makes HWC.  Their Halo team is still pleasing sponsors by pumping out a growing number of content views.  The only people that are being hurt by the under-performance of the Halo team are the players themselves who are potentially losing out on a lot of money.

You just said that the first thing the Organizations need to look at is winning, which is purely false.  Organizations make money from companies paying them to essentially sell their products.  A company that sells mousepads would rather sponsor an organization that will sell a million mousepads and finish 10th every event than an organization that will sell 100,000 mousepads but finish 1st.

Did we not just a member of Optic reaching out to another player to improve their team so they could win? Can we please stop using optic as an example? When we all know that Optic is getting so much attn because of their COD team. The Optic org fans of course are going to check out everyone else in Optic's video etc, which is why its smart Maniac/FS do so much content. Orgs also understand that they are only going to get more notoriety by having a TEAM that wins under their brand. If they only cared about "marketability" they wouldn't of dropped Ninja. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Did we not just a member of Optic reaching out to another player to improve their team so they could win? Can we please stop using optic as an example? When we all know that Optic is getting so much attn because of their COD team. The Optic org fans of course are going to check out everyone else in Optic's video etc, which is why its smart Maniac/FS do so much content. Orgs also understand that they are only going to get more notoriety by having a TEAM that wins under their brand. If they only cared about "marketability" they wouldn't of dropped Ninja. 

So why was Optic by far the most popular and lucrative team in CoD when they weren't winning all the time?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ninja should consider Optic as a sponsor. I dont know why he does not.

He has the drive to make content and the personality to benefit from the optic brand.  By attracting these other top orgs Ninja has helped his teammates and other halo players more than it has helped him personally.

With the optic brand even if he gets booted from the team a fanbase he develops can follow him and help expand his personal brand.

I agree with this, because at this time he's better than FS/Assault/Maniac and obviously they are more into content then winning right now. This would be the best move for him/them because team would improve and they get a popular player. 

How? Lebron has won 2 finals and been to 6. Been MVP 4 times, and been to all star game since he got in the league i believe? He is a TOP player and marketable which is what you want in someone.

Why would Red Bull sponsor Nadeshot of all people? A player that was never ever even close to being "the best" in his game.  In fact he was never even a Top 10 player.  He spent the majority of his career making post-event apology videos about failing to win.

In Pro Sports, the best players are typically the most marketable.  That isn't the case in eSports.  T2 and Walshy were by far the most marketable players during Halo's heyday yet were never the "best players".  Final Boss eventually dropped Walshy and if you go listen to Walshy's retelling you will find that a key factor in that move was the growing rift between him and the Ogres due to the fact that he was making so much more money out of game than they were despite the fact that they were both better players throughout basically their entire dominance.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why would Red Bull sponsor Nadeshot of all people? A player that was never ever even close to being "the best" in his game.  In fact he was never even a Top 10 player.  He spent the majority of his career making post-event apology videos about failing to win.

In Pro Sports, the best players are typically the most marketable.  That isn't the case in eSports.  T2 and Walshy were by far the most marketable players during Halo's heyday yet were never the "best players".  Final Boss eventually dropped Walshy and if you go listen to Walshy's retelling you will find that a key factor in that move was the growing rift between him and the Ogres due to the fact that he was making so much more money out of game than they were despite the fact that they were both better players throughout basically their entire dominance.

Washly/T2 were both top players what are you talking about? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Orgs also understand that they are only going to get more notoriety by having a TEAM that wins under their brand. If they only cared about "marketability" they wouldn't of dropped Ninja. 

Nobody ever said that they only cared about marketability.  It has to be a balance of the two.  I'm simply refuting your claim that winning comes first to organizations.  I'd almost guarantee you that most (if not all) organizations would take marketability over winning if the marketability was significant enough.  Ninja has marketability, but unfortunately for him Halo is too small for his overall marketability power to cement him on teams.  Yes, Liquid did ultimately drop him...but I guarantee you that this was a move that was thought over by their management, whereas dropping a player like Unlegit probably wouldn't even require top-level approval: it would just be an auto "OK".

• Upvote (+1) 2

^^ Take a chillpill homie, I could've used carmelo or d wade as an example; players with sponsors who I can remember (It's been a while since I've followed nba).

Still, take this into consideration; Ninja's fans follow him from team to team, just like Lebron fans. 

Nobody ever said that they only cared about marketability.  It has to be a balance of the two.  I'm simply refuting your claim that winning comes first to organizations.  I'd almost guarantee you that most (if not all) organizations would take marketability over winning if the marketability was significant enough.  Ninja has marketability, but unfortunately for him Halo is too small for his overall marketability power to cement him on teams.  Yes, Liquid did ultimately drop him...but I guarantee you that this was a move that was thought over by their management, whereas dropping a player like Unlegit probably wouldn't even require top-level approval: it would just be an auto "OK".

We are talking about Halo we aren't talking about other markets. I just can't believe that the argument is that winning isn't the most important factor. A 2 million dollar tournament that is going to get all types of exposure and ppl think that an Org is more concerned with Marketability then Winning. That doesn't make sense and when teams start getting put together by how marketable they are let me know, cuz as far as i've seen theres been roster changes all season long to put together Winning teams. Also I'm not saying that they made a 2 second decision either to drop him, but they made a decision that it's more important to put what they think is a "winning" team together, than just have a team with the most marketable players. IMO and just from what i've heard I think overall UnLegit is a better h5 player then Ninja. I'm sure top level approval would be needed to remove UnLegit, I also think it's disrespectful to assume that a player under contract would just be cut without the Org discussing. 

Except that Optic players don't earn a salary. So Optic Halo players wont get paid if they don't make HWC. So it is pretty relevant actually...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Washly/T2 were both top players what are you talking about? 

"Top players", but never the best.  2gre was the best player on Final Boss for like 3+ years during their dominance yet who got the Red Bull sponsorship? Walshy.  Str8 Rippin' was the clear-cut 3rd place team for the majority of that period yet it was T2 who was "the face" of MLG with his face plastered on cans of Dr. Pepper and making appearances on MTV True Life.  He wasn't even a Top 5 player yet he was the "star" of the scene.  Using your sport analogy, thats like DeMar Derozan being the most marketable player in the NBA which obviously isn't the case.

^^ Take a chillpill homie, I could've used carmelo or d wade as an example; players with sponsors who I can remember (It's been a while since I've followed nba).

Still, take this into consideration; Ninja's fans follow him from team to team, just like Lebron fans. 

Except for Lebron being a top 2 player in the game, and Ninja not being one. This isn't shade this is just facts. A lot of you are defending him just because you are loyal ninja fans which is fine, but at least call it what it is. Don't argue that a team should keep him cuz he's marketable. 

Portions will be aired on the ESPN telecast for the first time. Crazy that Halo is getting this opportunity!

psshhh halo has been there done that 10 years ago. But in all seriousness this is very cool.

Okay, i ques i am rooting for dignitas now. So this is event where emea teams gets locked for Hwc finals?

I believe this is the event where the 4 UK teams get locked for the emea regional finals.

This argument = Darko

Like seriously.

Darko Milicic? As a pistons fan what a depressing pick back in 03.... Could've got melo/wade/bosh....

• Upvote (+1) 2

Darko Milicic? As a pistons fan what a depressing pick back in 03.... Could've got melo/wade/bosh....

but we got the ship and that's all that matters looking back.

detroit-pistons-championship.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2