CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

In case people need shit to watch when the XBL servers inevitably crash again...

MLG YouTube playlist for their coverage of the third NA qualifier: 

Playlist for Recaps and "Top 5 Plays" from the qualifiers as well: 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is it possible to update the teams? I saw a spreadsheet with the latest teams but Jesus man I don't even know who has gone where. 

When are the XGames? 

WHY ISN'T THIS BEING ORGANIZED BETTER - following the last 30 pages and shit is ridiculous.

On a side note: Randa, you're a savage hahaha +1

first post should be top 16 teams. i posted this earlier but it was ignored. if you look thru posts they are some great community members that compile the lists for us.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I doubt that. ESPN X Games has a gaming event and ESPN Esports won't cover it at all? 

Im sure they will in a small way,  but its not going to be some kind of major deal. With the small amount of content staff they have, LCS/CS/Dota will be the focus for dem page views

I wonder what it would take to get Team Echo Fox to pick up a Halo team in the future. (If they would)

Rick has said that he wants to have a CS:GO and a CoD team...among others.

That would be exciting.

I do miss ESPN Saturday Nights with Halo 3.

Welcome back ESPN!

Them top 10s thooough  :flames:  :flames:  :flames:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Very marketable seeing as he's won an event in Halo, won an event in H1Z1 (first ever), been on Family Feud. Ninja gets around. Mind you he won the H1Z1 tournament with Liquid plastered all over himself.

If I was Ninja I would turn on sell out mode and plugging everything, and produce more YT content. He could be making a lot more money and up his brand even more. But I guess he should grind H5 for the tournament cash and make his team better.

Marketability doesn't matter if you can't WIN. Which he was not doing in Halo. The first thing orgs need to look at is ability to win, not marketability. Marketability isn't going to transition into winning. Once a player proves he/she could win then you try to maximize their appearance/content to the public. He won an h1z1 tournament which is great and he wore liquid stuff so that is great representation for the org but we aren't talking about h1z1. We are talking about HALO and he's not a top 10 player in Halo so it doesn't matter how marketable he is. He's a good h5 player so I agree he should use this opportunity to continue to build his brand and make as much money as he can. Prob should play h1z1 a little too just to keep those viewers watching cuz that current team he's on (Spartan is great, commonly is a great up and comer) isn't going to win any of these qualifiers. 

• Downvote (-1) 11

About to set off to London for the first Live event of HaloWC! Very excited, hopefully we can put on a good show for you guys! Stream kicks off Friday 9:45AM GMT

GROUPS | TICKETS | STREAM

Wait. Since when Dignitas has Halo team ? Where is Vibe ? Is this eu finals? I am confused. Care to explain pls.

Portions will be aired on the ESPN telecast for the first time. Crazy that Halo is getting this opportunity!

Yup. Pretty awesome that Halo will be on ESPN. Big opportunity to grow the fan base.

Marketability doesn't matter if you can't WIN. Which he was not doing in Halo. The first thing orgs need to look at is ability to win, not marketability. Marketability isn't going to transition into winning.

That is an interesting statement considering that Hecz would probably tell you the complete opposite.  But what would he know? He only built one of the most profitable organizations in eSports.

Organizations survive based off of sponsorships.  Sponsors care about marketability, period.   

• Upvote (+1) 7

Im purdy sure that is a guy who goes by the name "Skeptical."

I was randomly watchin his stream a week or two ago and the stream was titled "playing with APG" or something similar.

APG was indeed playing with him. I could hear his voice. However, APG's tag was "princess" or something. Not at all familiar with Skeptical, but that is the one playing on that gt.

No points will be awarded at X-Games event, but there is the Final Online Qualifier that same weekend.

If your sitting at 5th or 6th place, do you still go to X-Games with possibility of getting bumped below Top 8 to make it to finals?

Marketability doesn't matter if you can't WIN. Which he was not doing in Halo. The first thing orgs need to look at is ability to win, not marketability. Marketability isn't going to transition into winning. Once a player proves he/she could win then you try to maximize their appearance/content to the public. He won an h1z1 tournament which is great and he wore liquid stuff so that is great representation for the org but we aren't talking about h1z1. We are talking about HALO and he's not a top 10 player in Halo so it doesn't matter how marketable he is. He's a good h5 player so I agree he should use this opportunity to continue to build his brand and make as much money as he can. Prob should play h1z1 a little too just to keep those viewers watching cuz that current team he's on (Spartan is great, commonly is a great up and comer) isn't going to win any of these qualifiers. 

I don't think you could be more wrong.

Marketability matters greatly to these orgs.  They have to make money somehow.  Driving ad views seems like one of the biggest ways to do that.  Having the most popular halo twitch streamer seems like a great way to do that. 

Should it work that way maybe not but is that how it works of course.  Look at something like NASCAR where Danica Patrick gets way more coverage then should should based how she finishes.  Yet she is still valuable because everyone knows who she is. 

No points will be awarded at X-Games event, but there is the Final Online Qualifier that same weekend.

If your sitting at 5th or 6th place, do you still go to X-Games with possibility of getting bumped below Top 8 to make it to finals?

the final online qualifier is the wild card where teams are fighting for the 16th spot.

top 15 teams at that point are set.

The top 15 seeds aren't allowed to compete in the last chance Qualifier.

the final online qualifier is the wild card where teams are fighting for the 16th spot.

top 15 teams at that point are set.

Thanks for the clarification!

That is an interesting statement considering that Hecz would probably tell you the complete opposite.  But what would he know? He only built one of the most profitable organizations in eSports.

Organizations survive based off of sponsorships.  Sponsors care about marketability, period.   

How is Hecz team doing? Are they going to win HWC?