CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It baffles me that players/teams/orgs are giving this much importance to the X-games , when in reality....the longevity of creating a fanbase as a  team and HWC is really what matters.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm still wondering what APG didn't want Ninja to say, that he reluctantly left out of his vlog...

There's nothing I didn't want him to say. I meant that as in the team wasn't 100% and I could've changed my mind

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

lmao ... I wish him the best but ffs, his k/d is like 0.97 and he's in low onyx (arena) right now.  There are literally 100-200 better choices in terms of free agents

• Upvote (+1) 1

lmao ... I wish him the best but ffs, his k/d is like 0.97 and he's in low onyx (arena) right now.  There are literally 100-200 better choices in terms of free agents

Eh that doesnt tell the whole story. To get high Onyx you have to play with a decent to4. If hes running by himself then its only natural hes got those stats. If someone gives him a shot and he starts grinding i think he could make waves. We'll see.

• Upvote (+1) 1

lmao ... I wish him the best but ffs, his k/d is like 0.97 and he's in low onyx (arena) right now. There are literally 100-200 better choices in terms of free agents

If I were him I would start a Str8 Rippin org. But his ego is too high for that, and his business smarts are lacking. It's a shame considering this guy was once the face of Halo and had his picture on tons of Dr. Pepper bottles.

There's nothing I didn't want him to say. I meant that as in the team wasn't 100% and I could've changed my mind

That's not how you made it sound earlier.

wat

He hasn't shown any business saviness considering he never managed to get an org in H2A. And that's because he wanted to keep the Str8 Rippin name - his pride was too high and as a result his squad was the only top team without an org.

He definitely showed some business saviness in his younger days, but lately not so much.

Isn't it kinda odd that the highest series possible at a tourney is a best of 7 or 11, and there are 20 gametypes? Teams could just get their best ones coincidentally with that many to choose from. Kinda weird that there are excess gametypes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The "Kobe" of Halo would be Pistola or Snipedown I think. MJ obviously being hewhosalwaysnamed

Pistola - Kobe

Snip3down - Tim Duncan

APG - Carmelo

Lethul - Kevin Durant

Frosty - Steph Curry

Cratos - Adam Morrison

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If I were him I would start a Str8 Rippin org. But his ego is too high for that, and his business smarts are lacking. It's a shame considering this guy was once the face of Halo and had his picture on tons of Dr. Pepper bottles.

You realise the capital he would need to start an org?

Its an expensive risk.

Halo has always been this way. The top 2-3 teams usually stick together while the others scramble to find the right team combinations. Chemistry is a crap shoot. Hell, back when Final Boss was a dynasty, even the #2 and #3 teams would regularly make team changes after a couple of tournaments. This isn't out of the ordinary.

Should it be the ordinary? That's a different discussion. But let's stop being surprised.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo has always been this way. The top 2-3 teams usually stick together while the others scramble to find the right team combinations. Chemistry is a crap shoot. Hell, back when Final Boss was a dynasty, even the #2 and #3 teams would regularly make team changes after a couple of tournaments. This isn't out of the ordinary.

Should it be the ordinary? That's a different discussion. But let's stop being surprised.

Sometimes a team change can be all the difference. Ghostayame for Strongside won Carbon a National Championship. That said, I don't think any of these new teams have caught up to EG/CLG, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

• Upvote (+1) 1