CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

These roster rumours and changes are starting to get ridiculous. Whether that is a good or bad thing is subjective, but it does make it hard for people to follow teams. I browse here often, and I barely know who is on which team lol

I still think nV had the potential to win HWC. Real shame if they break up because of some subpar cup placings due to little practise and networking issues. Never thought I'd see the day where Pistola teamed with Ninja.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If you were good enough you would have moved out of gold by now. I'm am below average and always get diamond and search by myself

KillaCall played/ has been playing part of TexasLANCircle for quite some time. He's a veteran player since H3 i believe. The kid is straight nasty and i can guarantee you he is just as good if not better than the sudds. lol again stop judging on stats. SUDD1 you DEFINITELY need to run games with him and give him a shot. I guarantee you won't be disappointed. @KIllaCall these fools just don't know lol.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 10

Scores and stats from tonights scrims/ladder matches (only for top teams that are still the usual teams):

EG 9 - 9 CLG

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, CLG Wins 2-0

Game 2 - Team Slayer Regret, EG Wins 50-34

Game 3 - Strongholds Empire, CLG Wins 100-86

Game 4 - Breakout Trench, CLG Wins 5-4

Game 5 - Capture the Flag Truth, EG Wins 3-1

Game 6 - Team Slayer The Rig, CLG Wins 50-28

Game 7 - Strongholds Eden, CLG Wins 100-97

Game 8 - Breakout Altitude, EG Wins 6-2

Game 9 - Capture the Flag Fathom, EG Wins 3-0

Game 10 - Team Slayer Plaza, CLG Wins 50-48

Game 11 - Strongholds The Rig, EG Wins 100-77

Game 12 - Breakout Gambol, CLG Wins 6-5

Game 13 - Capture the Flag Empire, EG Wins 3-1

Game 14 - Team Slayer Coliseum, CLG Wins 50-35

Game 15 - Strongholds Plaza, EG Wins 100-56

Game 16 - Team Slayer Eden, EG Wins 50-38

Game 17 - Team Slayer Empire, CLG Wins 50-40

Game 18 - Team Slayer Truth, EG Wins 50-36

Disobey 4 - 3 Noble 

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Truth, Disobey Wins 3-1

Game 2 - Strongholds Empire, Disobey Wins 100-53

Game 3 - Team Slayer Coliseum, Noble Wins 50-44

Game 4 - Breakout Altitude, Disobey Wins 5-3

Game 5 - Strongholds Plaza, Noble Wins 100-22

Game 6 - Team Slayer Eden, Disobey Wins 50-38

Game 7 - Capture the Flag Truth, Noble Wins 3-1

Off The Pack, Dream Team, Project Affliction (Severance), Liquid, nV, OpTic all playing with others besides their teams, just FYI. There could be more but I only searched one person from each team.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Dont seem to get why a 4/6 team tournament at XGames is a big deal.

Halo. XGames. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Dont seem to get why a 4/6 team tournament at XGames is a big deal.

If you don't get how publicity for Halo via the XGames and national coverage is a big deal, then I don't think anyone can explain it to you.

• Upvote (+1) 6

If you don't get how publicity for Halo via the XGames and national coverage is a big deal, then I don't think anyone can explain it to you.

Halo. XGames. 

The novelty of esports at Xgames is not as big as when COD did it, and their scene got bigger from a solid infrstructure being in place, not an XGames tournament. 343 can barely keep its core audience, Halo players, surely people arent expecting this "huge" national/NA only coverage to create a booming scene.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The novelty of esports at Xgames is not as big as when COD did it, and their scene got bigger from a solid infrstructure being in place, not an XGames tournament. 343 can barely keep its core audience, Halo players, surely people arent expecting this "huge" national coverage to create a booming scene.

No one expects this tournament to create a "booming" scene. But if you were around in Halo 4 when people freaked out about 5k viewers at a "major" tournament and someone told you halo would be at XGames in a few years you would think they were nuts.

Edit: Also, the fact that Halo players are going to be given the chance to compete for XGames medals is pretty cool in itself.

• Upvote (+1) 1

635520950240082599-John-Lennon.jpg

you may say im a dreamer, but im not the only one

currently dreaming of Str8 Rippin top 16

• Upvote (+1) 5

No one expects this tournament to create a "booming" scene. But if you were around in Halo 4 when people freaked out about 5k viewers at a "major" tournament and someone told you halo would be at XGames in a few years you would think they were nuts.

I just think esports is past the "look, national coverage, take us serious" unless its literally a major company streaming from their own TV channel/site. The last few esports were not even streamed via Xgames, just on your usual sites.

If Halo was the first to do this then sure it would be a bigger deal, but like always, they are behind the curve, and thus the novelty isint there.

KillaCall played/ has been playing part of TexasLANCircle for quite some time. He's a veteran player since H3 i believe. The kid is straight nasty and i can guarantee you he is just as good if not better than the sudds. lol again stop judging on stats. SUDD1 you DEFINITELY need to run games with him and give him a shot. I guarantee you won't be disappointed. @KIllaCall these fools just don't know lol.

Killa Calllllll

I wish this so bad.

But there's 1 reason why they won't do that.

The pro teams will never pick breakout. And so 343's 'shiny new gametype' won't get the attention it deserves, according to them.

Honestly, almost nobody would pick breakout... Even the casuals don't know if you are aware of this, but 343 has recently released playlist popularity rankings. If I remember correctly Breakout was 2nd, or 3rd from last.

This has also affected the popularity of Team Arena. I'm still unranked in the playlist, I'm not playing that shit.

You're telling me people still watch the X Games?

It's not like we didn't already know he was on the team, but Aries changed his twitter already.

Good to see him finding a place on a squad with an org. Hopefully this squad sticks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not buying into all this yet but would really like to see Ace, Ninja, Mikwen and Spartan. I feel like that team could be a serious contender.

I was thinking this from the beginning.  I just feel Ninja plays best when he is surrounded by individuals that he is comfortable with, especially those that are not strong/aggressive personality types. His chemistry with Spartan was unmatched in H2A, and the Reach days with Mikwin were also great. As far as personalities go, and the way they mesh, I would love seeing this team compete. I feel Spartan is the most underrated player in the game. Just my thoughts.

haha preciate dat bro.. You still gaming?

Yo off topic but do you know if the TLC players still play? Been a long time since I talked to those dudes lol

And I thought killa cal sounded familiar, never played with him personally though but a good amount of the TLC players were pretty good from what I remember (Gab, Swift kill, Blake (?), Tweak, Zildj, psyril, etc) cool dudes though

I personally don't care what happens with the players on liquid and nV in terms of JUST team changes. I love/respect 'em all and I hope they all find a place. In fact, their all really good so I know they will, so I'm not worried they work this out.

I just have to say I'll be really, really disappointed and frustrated if all this anxious, sporadic team changing makes either nV or Liquid leave the Halo scene. These two orgs are not only popular but ran by incredible and supportive owners.

Just do right by yourselves first pros, I know that's important and first, but don't forget to represent your orgs with maturity and professional/respectful actions afterwards. We need these GOOD orgs in the scene to grow/survive after having orgs like Denial.

• Upvote (+1) 8

So, essentially were gonna see:

nV: Heinz, apg, ace, unlegit? Could be someone on Spartans team since he's been tweeting all depressed and stuff

Liquid: hysteria, ninja, ola, mikwen

Sound about right?

• Downvote (-1) 1

I fully understand why the players are being so jumpy with their teams. This HWC prize pool is life-changing money. The winners of that tournament will be set for life. Assuming it hits 2.5 million, the members of the 1st place team win $250,000 each, before taxes. That's probably around what Ogre2 has made over his entire career (not counting sponsorships and external stuff like that) in one event.

The orgs need to figure out that they shouldn't be signing full teams to contracts until the qualifying cups are over, because right now it's all about points and nothing else. The players have weeks to decide on the best possible combination of teammates to give them the best chance of winning the big prize. That shouldn't be compromised by org bullshit. Sign one player as a base/captain and let him captain the GB roster while doing what he needs to do to get as many points as possible. When rosters lock, sign his roster.

in before Ace returns to Optic and his points get them easily into the top 16.

Flamesword/Ace/Stellur/UnLegit would be solid. More than enough slaying power between those three to allow Flamesword to take a back seat and do what he does best. Ace probably has better options, though. I have him ending up on EnVy with APG, Heinz and someone else. I still don't think Pistola is going to stay on Liquid for very long.

I think its pretty obvious that this is just a troll. Most pro's tweeting Free Agent at the same time, all these "roster changes" happening in the same day. I'm assuming that there will be an announcement this week or next and that all the pro's are just building the hype in the community before the announcement. 

Team of Spartan, Ninja, Mikwen, and Ace - wouldn't lose a slayer game but since they all are usually main slayers on their teams I'm not sure they would do that well in OBJ. I would like to see Spartan/Commonly leave for another team but i think spartan likes the team he's on right now.