CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

That was Cratos, the best shot in the game :walshy:

He's trying to reduce his accuracy stat so it makes his teammates look better ;)
  • Upvote (+1) 2

The fact that EG can lose to The Leftovers and WFX in back to back weeks and stay #1 in your power rankings makes me giggle.

I don't go off just qualifier results bro. These are "power rankings". They encapsulate all factors possible, not just bo3 qualifier results.

I dont know how you can put nV above Liquid,Leftovers and to some extent Winterfox. All of the teams I mentioned actually practice. nV has the potential to be top 3 but they have been having so much bad luck that I understand their frustration, but I would not put them above at the very least, Liquid.

Last time nV played liquid it was pretty bad.

I agree nV doesn't practice enough and it shows but like I said above, these are power rankings and once nV gets that practice in they'll be dangerous.

• Downvote (-1) 10

Power rankings:

EG

CLG

Allegiance

nV

Liquid

Leftovers

Winterfox

Elevate

I feel like I'm missing someone big here but this is just off the top of my head

I would def. add "dream team" in there.

They have finished at least top 8 every single qualifier so far. 

They lost to CLG today for top 4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Listening to CLG talk during their matches was probably one of the hardest things I have ever had to endure. all they do is whine and talk shit about everyone. I know this is going to get down votes but I had to get that off my chest.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Just wanted to bring up that according to the rules in place, CLG should've been DQ'd Game 2.

- A kill happened

- More than 30 seconds had passed (Apparently this counts the intro cutscene, so it wasn't 30 seconds)

CYaE6rcUkAA1JZu.png

So either Allegiance agreed to replay, or they were forced to because they wanted the game on stream.

Obviously, this would've given Allegiance a 2-0 lead instead of being 1-1.

I just want more attention brought to this terrible terrible rule so it gets changed.

Not quite correct. Ogre2 and Royal were lagging immediately. They had to hit quit three times for the game to register they quit. After the second attempt to quit the first kill was made.

So nothing untoward there in regards to time or kills.

Last time nV played liquid it was pretty bad.

I agree nV doesn't practice enough and it shows but like I said above, these are power rankings and once nV gets that practice in they'll be dangerous.

Wasn't that nV Liquid match you're referring to like 2-3 weeks ago? Using that as a reason for putting nV ahead of Liquid, but still putting Allegiance ahead of Liquid despite the fact that liquid bested Allegiance 6-3 in a scrim like 3 days ago, is kinda strange.

But I realize you can go round and round nitpicking with power rankings. I agree for the most part with yours.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not quite correct. Ogre2 and Royal were lagging immediately. They had to hit quit three times for the game to register they quit. After the second attempt to quit the first kill was made.

So nothing untoward there in regards to time or kills.

I understand that they were trying to quit, and the kill was bs. But if it was black and white, CLG would've been DQ'd.

I'm just pointing out how dumb the rule is.

• Upvote (+1) 1

WFX really should have grinded GBs more. If they had an additional 635 points, they would play Dream Team for top 8. Not EG, ffs. 

635/4 = 158.75, /5 = 32 ladder wins. And eLevate got twenty wins in one day... 

Guess they got the opponent they wanted.

Some would think I'm crazy, but I would have predicted eLevate.

I also predicted eLevate.

Liking this disobey squad. Also probably the best squad Blaze has been on in a while.

Nah, Cratos said on The Pit that Blaze is an anchor, no way they get top 8 today.  owait.

Wait, are you kidding me?

In a BO3 you do a BREAKOUT AND SLAYER?!?

hahahahaha

Oh man

Breakout is an "objective gametype" by MLG rules. :/

Wish there was some stream where I could watch Allegiance vs Elevate

I think I streamed one game from it :(

Leftovers were looking for an org and said nobody was interested.

I know for a fact this is 100% false statement (not false on your part, false on Leftovers' part.  They had an offer they turned down to try to catch a bigger fish.)

Liquid? They have a coach and an analyst.

Both of whom were busy commentating today instead. :(

No, I would have remembered if it was a blowout. I'm pretty sure CLG got screwed, not like they were going to lose anyways or something.

I'll have to check tomorrow. 

CLG were definitely getting bopped for a while in their Plaza Strongholds game against Allegiance off stream when Snakebite dropped last week.  Can look into my rebroadcast to find it.

Wasn't that nV Liquid match you're referring to like 2-3 weeks ago? Using that as a reason for putting nV ahead of Liquid, but still putting Allegiance ahead of Liquid despite the fact that liquid bested Allegiance 6-3 in a scrim like 3 days ago, is kinda strange.

But I realize you can go round and round nitpicking with power rankings. I agree for the most part with yours.

People are negging and being salty but the this is the purpose of a power ranking. You look at a teams relative strength and try to predict their chances of winning the big tourney. I think in terms of raw skill and teamwork, these are the best 8 teams.

Now, anything can happen. Upsets can occur.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

El Town had a rough last game there. I was cringing every time I saw him look away from an area that had a CLG player highlighted.

Spectator mode is really interesting because it shows you which pros are good at predicting where the enemies are going to be at, but it also shows you who doesn't have that same awareness. And El Town definitely fell in that second category a lot. After watching Allegiance for long enough I think it's pretty clear that he's currently the weakest link. He's got a great shot and mechanics so all he really needs to work on in my opinion is his in-game intelligence/awareness and he'll be fine though.

Power rankings:

EG

CLG

Allegiance

nV

Liquid

Leftovers

Winterfox

Elevate

I feel like I'm missing someone big here but this is just off the top of my head

I don't think you can put EG #1 right now. Not to doubt them, but this is a new game and just because they were the best at H2A doesn't mean they are the best at H5. They just haven't showed enough to be the undisputed "best team" right now.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Listening to CLG talk during their matches was probably one of the hardest things I have ever had to endure. all they do is whine and talk shit about everyone. I know this is going to get down votes but I had to get that off my chest.

so just like listening to every other team then

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can someone link me to the standings? With overall points. I can't seem to find it.

I don't think you can put EG #1 right now. Not to doubt them, but this is a new game and just because they were the best at H2A doesn't mean they are the best at H5. They just haven't showed enough to be the undisputed "best team" right now.

Like I said, power rankings are different than seeding/qualifier rankings.

They dominated clg in scrims like 11-2 the other night and something close against allegiance too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry this took a bit longer. My internet wen't out game 2 of the finals. :(

OT3 top 64

1 : Counter Logic Gaming

2 : Allegiance eSports

3 : Team Liquid

4 : Team eLevate

5 : Leftovers

6 : Dream Team

7 : Disobey

8 : Winterfox

9 : Evil Geniuses

10 : Team EnvyUs

11 : Noble eSports

12 : Severance

13 : Running Scared

14 : OverDrive

15 : Velocity eSports

16 : Off The Pack

17 : Optic Halo

18 : Team Orbit

19 : VwS Perseverance

20 : SoaR Gaming

21 : '

22 : Yolo Swag 420

23 : UnKnwn

24 : xX CrazyBRs Xx

25 : Hopping Lizards

26 : Eddys Backpack

27 : Bigger in Texas

28 : Carnage

29 : Perfect Evolution

30 : Str8 Shaded

31 : NextUp eSports

32 : Simply Ridiculous

33 : Plumbers Inc

34 : Dirty Mike n The Boys

35 : Chilled Reality

36 : System and The Downs

37 : Green Machine

38 : Composure

39 : Bad

40 : Reality Check

41 : Flatline

42 : No Mask

43 : Goon Squad

44 : pick up life

45 : Immortal

46 : Just Average

47 : Instagram Matt Greggo

48 : Ability

49 : After-math

50 : Fuse Halo

51 : Mocking Jays

52 : Radiation

53 : Trigger eSports

54 : ResenT Gaming

55 : Sharks

56 : zzzzz

57 : Vertical Ascent

58 : Try Hard Crew

59 : Believe the NineRs

60 : New Era

61 : airrrrrrr

62 : Vindication

63 : Dirty Boys

64 : Dropping Shields

Top 16 Teams by Points

1 : Allegiance eSports : 39895 : crazzy-skill , eL_ToWn , LD_Cratos , Naded

2 : Counter Logic Gaming : 34975 : iTzSoFrostyHCS , OGRE2 , RoYaL2 , Snake_Bite_71

3 : Evil Geniuses : 34975 : Lunchbox , Lxthul , Roy , Snipedown

4 : Leftovers : 22105 : -Cloud- , Commonly , SpartanTheDog , VictoryCJT

5 : Dream Team : 21765 : DOAbruhbruh , HKJuicyFruit , PRoTo_TyPe , Tire-Iron

6 : Team Liquid : 20680 : AceSQ , Hysteria , LiquidNinjaTB , -UNLEGIT

7 : Team EnvyUs : 18140 : APG , -Heinz , iGotUrPisto1a , IMiKWeN

8 : Noble eSports : 17665 : Calmmm , l_SwiftKil_l , Raaayne , zanepenguin

9 : Team eLevate : 16920 : Goofy , MrNemesis , MuNoZ , SuperStr8SicK

10 : Disobey : 15070 : _Blaze , iReP-Burton , quite_PREDATOR , sppuuunnnn

11 : Winterfox : 13850 : a-realygoodnoob , Arkanum- , Hes_A_Shooter , Randa222

12 : Severance : 13450 : Elumnite , GABaGABaaa , Hoaxer , Mr_Blakerz

13 : Running Scared : 12900 : Eccen7riK , JesseUnleashed , OnlyxOmegA , StrokeMyKitty

14 : OverDrive : 12610 : Lessssgo , Vetoed , Revalent , King_Nick

15 : Velocity eSports : 12510 : Falcated , FormClassic , -LeVy , Scaryotic

16 : Off The Pack : 12330 : AriescAries , bubudubu , HukeOG , JesseThRiZLE4

OT3_TOP16.png

Just curious, since OpTic is 17th how many points are they behind Off The Pack?

Like I said, power rankings are different than seeding/qualifier rankings.

They dominated clg in scrims like 11-2 the other night and something close against allegiance too.

If history proves as any indication, just because they are dominant in scrims doesn't mean they'll be dominant in tournaments. No doubt they are 4 of the best players in the game, they're just not the same EG as last year (or not yet atleast.)

If history proves as any indication, just because they are dominant in scrims doesn't mean they'll be dominant in tournaments. No doubt they are 4 of the best players in the game, they're just not the same EG as last year (or not yet atleast.)

To each their own. I just think they've been playing poorly. It's a bit of a slump but they'll turn it around.

They need to, they can't get away with playing bad and still winning like in h2a. Different game.

The good news for Liquid: We moved up to the 6th seed!

The bad news for Liquid: EG dropped to the 3rd seed...

Cursed?

Haha that sucks. Especially since it looks unlikely that Liquid can't grind enough points to get to #5, and #7 doesn't play so they won't be passing Liquid for #6.

Just curious, since OpTic is 17th how many points are they behind Off The Pack?

You can always check the link in my signature (the manual updated one for now). http://1drv.ms/1N1DFHc

They are 17th with 9,640 points.

Also, I know Velocity who is in 15th are splitting up, but for the sake of the tourney I'm leaving them in.