CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

People keep saying OpTic's problem is their lack of slaying power...

But they just beat Leftovers in back to back slayer gametypes in a GB.  Steaked 'em on Coliseum TS.

I think Flames tweet after the 2nd cup nailed it, they make small mistakes that cost them.

Is there a place that consistently updates the top 16 teams? Or atleast the top 8?

But they just beat Leftovers in back to back slayer gametypes in a GB.  Steaked 'em on Coliseum TS.

cloud started getting really pissy right before that GB. it escalated very quickly. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Mark my words, Batchford and Vetoed will be notable names in the pro player scene in a few months. 

Boldbut I like it bold. 

If the rumors are true, I could see a few more top-8s out of OD. Batch is solid, but it seems pretty difficult to get an squad of EU AMs capable of making that kind of noise.

But they just beat Leftovers in back to back slayer gametypes in a GB. Steaked 'em on Coliseum TS.

All I hear is that OpTic is losing because they don't practice enough but they're one of the top practices teams the last month.

Is there a place that consistently updates the top 16 teams? Or atleast the top 8?

@@GoldeNade keeps a One Drive document up to date with top 64+ teams and points.

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=4CF7C6767800AED2!107&ithint=file%2cxlsx&app=Excel&authkey=!AOOy68r8I5IiGUI

Here's the link.  You can also find the link in GoldeNade's sig.  Make sure to give him lots of plus rep for doing this. :goat:

Seeing folks taking online games seriously without people constantly having to come out and downplay the legitimacy of online play is truly refreshing in Halo 5.

The netcode may be the most unimpeachable part of this game. It's giving the game new life. Great to see people able to have great games and improve from online scrims, gamebattles, and qualifiers.

Really brings up fan enjoyment, and they are able to follow teams and players more accurately between major tournaments.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just did quite the double-take when I pulled up Twitch and saw Halo 4 as the top game with 100,000+ viewers.  Charity stream...

@@GoldeNade keeps a One Drive document up to date with top 64+ teams and points.

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=4CF7C6767800AED2!107&ithint=file%2cxlsx&app=Excel&authkey=!AOOy68r8I5IiGUI

Here's the link. You can also find the link in GoldeNade's sig. Make sure to give him lots of plus rep for doing this. :goat:

Awesome, thanks for showing me this! Looks like Winterfox finally made top 16. Confident Optic will eventually. No way they don't make top 16. Seriously doubt they will make worlds at this point though.

EG just had a ridiculous comeback against Allegiance on Empire Strongholds.  Snip3down went off.

96-57 IIRC at the lowest point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

EG just had a ridiculous comeback against Allegiance on Empire Strongholds.  Snip3down went off.

96-37 IIRC at the lowest point.

Regardless of the Empire SH loss, Allegiance are definitely looking like this past weekend was no fluke.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Regardless of the Empire SH loss, Allegiance are definitely looking like this past weekend was no fluke.

Definitely, Allegiance just came back strong on Plaza TS.  Stayed composed when EG had control then trapped them at the end.

i've been watching Shooter all night.  This guy is a beast, more people need to check him out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just gonna post some predictions

CLG will drop Frosty, since his 'honey moon period' after joining them he's been slacking IMO and they could find a better 4th so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he was replaced. 

Allegiance will drop El Town. Quite clearly the weakest member on that squad and even though him and Naded are sort of a duo now, I still think a better replacement could be and should be found.

NV will split up, hardly a bold prediction I know.

Allegiance won't get another top 2 finish in qualifiers let alone finals and in my opinion were lucky to win the last one. It reminds me of when that 8th seed team won an online cup in H2A. I think it was eLevate but I'm not sure.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Just gonna post some predictions

CLG will drop Frosty, since his 'honey moon period' after joining them he's been slacking IMO and they could find a better 4th so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he was replaced. 

Allegiance will drop El Town. Quite clearly the weakest member on that squad and even though him and Naded are sort of a duo now, I still think a better replacement could be and should be found.

NV will split up, hardly a bold prediction I know.

Allegiance won't get another top 2 finish in qualifiers let alone finals and in my opinion were lucky to win the last one. It reminds me of when that 8th seed team won an online cup in H2A. I think it was eLevate but I'm not sure.

#TeamRanda

• Upvote (+1) 1

Breakout has multiple bugs still and it's being used as a gametype to determine qualifying for a 2 mil + tournament.

Sometimes when you die, you have a permanent death cam instead of going to your teammates cam that's still alive. One team can have a permanent death cam in the middle of the map that can rotate around and see every single angle on a map like the one with the camo on it.

If there's 1 person left on each team and they melee each other, one team will randomly get the win instead of a tie.

Any other bugs?

Breakout has multiple bugs still and it's being used as a gametype to determine qualifying for a 2 mil + tournament.

Sometimes when you die, you have a permanent death cam instead of going to your teammates cam that's still alive. One team can have a permanent death cam in the middle of the map that can rotate around and see every single angle on a map like the one with the camo on it.

If there's 1 person left on each team and they melee each other, one team will randomly get the win instead of a tie.

Any other bugs?

Not even melee's shooting ties also can randomly go to 1 member, Gambol you can get out of the map and into the back of your flag and it's not out of bounds, Trident has a wall that if you touch it you instadie, right near the back corner once you go up the BR ramp to watch flag. Breakout is bad, but then there's arena breakout. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Seeing folks taking online games seriously without people constantly having to come out and downplay the legitimacy of online play is truly refreshing in Halo 5.

The netcode may be the most unimpeachable part of this game. It's giving the game new life. Great to see people able to have great games and improve from online scrims, gamebattles, and qualifiers.

Really brings up fan enjoyment, and they are able to follow teams and players more accurately between major tournaments.

Personally, I can't take it seriously.  It's the old school in me.  I haven't watched any of the events so far, and I don't know if/when I will.

Having seen the difference between online results and LAN results over the years, it's not something I can overlook.  I realize that online play is much more consistent than it has been in the past, but still...it's a different game.  I do think it's cool that the teams and fans are taking it seriously though.

Any other bugs?

The gametype itself :kappa:

Nah but since they seem to be still scrimming with default Breakout, there's the big issue of not launching into the map in the beginning as well

Breakout is bad, but then there's arena breakout. 

Clarify thoughts on Breakout vs. Arena Breakout?

:lxthul: