CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't think Na'Vi would do anything for American players -- the majority of their players are from either Ukraine or Russia, and those that aren't are from other European countries.

Fair point. shame. I had assumed it may be possible considering orgs like fnatic sponsoring US teams.

Navi is based in Ukraine I believe. To my knowledge Halo and console gaming in general isn't real big in Eastern Europe. FIFA is sort of an exception because of its popularity worldwide. So there would be little incentive for them to get into Halo. More of a chance that a Western European org like Fnatic, NiP, or Dignitas enters the scene but there's still little chance of even that happening.

Yeah again, i was basing this off thinking about fnatic but assuming they were unlikely to re-join console esports. One can always hope.

Does anyone know if any pro team has approached Natus Vincere?

A pretty big org, that has sponsored fifa (so has at least some support for console esports).

Seems like it would be worth a shot for some of the teams out there.

At this point, if an org wants in to an esport, they will come to the esport, rather than wait for an email.

I dont see any major European orgs coming into Halo, too much work with little-to-nothing in return.

Happy to see that Ninja has stopped playing H1Z1 and is filling that time going over gameplay, making videos, etc. Hopefully he keeps at it. Liquid looked pretty good last night against Allegiance, Optic, and WFX. @@TiberiusAudley you whipping them into shape?

• Upvote (+1) 6

The best unsigned team is the leftovers. If an org like TSM wanted into Halo they would have snagged 'em.

Happy to see that Ninja has stopped playing H1Z1 and is filling that time going over gameplay, making videos, etc. Hopefully he keeps at it. Liquid looked pretty good last night against Allegiance, Optic, and WFX. @@TiberiusAudley you whipping them into shape?

TL seems to be moving in the right direction. With Ace living and breathing Halo, Ninja's series of odd events sorted, and the switch of Hysteria and Chig moving to a TL management position, they can focus on the task at hand. In 2 months we may likely see a different team than the last month. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does anyone know if any pro team has approached Natus Vincere?

A pretty big org, that has sponsored fifa (so has at least some support for console esports).

Seems like it would be worth a shot for some of the teams out there.

We did, they are not interested

• Upvote (+1) 3

I wonder if anyone has reached out to Renegades. They seem to be pretty liberal when it comes to picking up teams considering they have one for Gigantic (a game that isn't even out of closed beta testing). 

At this point, if an org wants in to an esport, they will come to the esport, rather than wait for an email.

I dont see any major European orgs coming into Halo, too much work with little-to-nothing in return.

There are several Dignitas rumors on the grape vine, MD has already stated he wants one

• Upvote (+1) 5

Leftovers are playing GB against a Team considering Blaze Khalifa,Burton,Reliable and Tizoxic. Excited to see how they will perfom

• Upvote (+1) 1

Leftovers are playing GB against a Team considering Blaze Khalifa,Burton,Reliable and Tizoxic. Excited to see how they will perfom

Dynasty

A lot of credit goes to Caleb, the console manager for TeamLiquid.  He's working really hard to make sure everyone stays on task, including both me and Elamite.

Nice to see people starting to take it more seriously

A lot of credit goes to Caleb, the console manager for TeamLiquid. He's working really hard to make sure everyone stays on task, including both me and Elamite.

So "cool" to me seeing the level competitive gaming can take it to now. Used to be the teams that lanned were the only above average teams. So a couple weekends here and there before an event were all that was needed. It's deeper than that now. This prize pool has elevated the level of play and dedication like never before. Looking forward to seeing this all play out in March.

Cratos leaves that team all the time to go play GBs with other people and earn points for himself.

I've been watching Ninja and Hysteria's stream lately.  I really like your role on that team.  I think that's gonna wind up being really useful.

Winterfox looking really bad in the ladder match against Cloud/Spartan/Commonly/Victory. 

Spartan actually said "these kids are so terrible, it's unreal" or something like that after he gave the whole team a whipping. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Mark my words, Batchford and Vetoed will be notable names in the pro player scene in a few months. 

Boldbut I like it bold. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Winterfox looking really bad in the ladder match against Cloud/Spartan/Shooter/Victory.

Spartan actually said "these kids are so terrible, it's unreal" or something like that after he gave the whole team a whipping.

What happened to Commonlyy?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

People keep saying OpTic's problem is their lack of slaying power...

But they just beat Leftovers in back to back slayer gametypes in a GB.  Steaked 'em on Coliseum TS.

• Upvote (+1) 3