CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Blaze (khalifa) seems pretty worked up on Twitter right now. Wonder what kind of shady shit went down...

I like your sig

Someone finally uploaded the original!..Well Part 2, but with the original photos.

If I could upvote this a million time I would. Brilliant

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Wonderboy @@TheSimms do either of you have a bracket for the latest UK Qualifier? Gfinity seems to have deleted all of the recent cups and data from their site, save for the upcoming one on the 10th.

It seems respawns are purely based on proximity.

Wrong, unless they've massively changed things from H2A (and they barely changed things from H4 to H2A, so I doubt this is the case).

Enemy Proximity is one of the strongest influences, and they are also based off allied proximity...

But there's also: line of sight (in a cone emanating from your player), objectives (less relevant in H5 since no oddball or hills), IMMINENT DANGER / moving vehicles (not relevant in 4s).

There's also Forgeable respawn zones that add flat weightings to spawns, but those are only used presently in Flag.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wrong, unless they've massively changed things from H2A (and they barely changed things from H4 to H2A, so I doubt this is the case).

Enemy Proximity is one of the strongest influences, and they are also based off allied proximity...

But there's also: line of sight (in a cone emanating from your player), objectives (less relevant in H5 since no oddball or hills), IMMINENT DANGER / moving vehicles (not relevant in 4s).

There's also Forgeable respawn zones that add flat weightings to spawns, but those are only used presently in Flag.

I know line of sight has no bearing, because I've been able to create spawn traps staring at the spawner. I only know this works for flag gametypes ( amount of spawns are cut in half). Also proximity of teammates would probably cause more inconsistent results. But the more testing I do, the more it seems you can 100% predict a spawn based on 2 simple variables: enemy positions and teammate positions.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I know line of sight has no bearing, because I've been able to create spawn traps staring at the spawner. I only know this works for flag gametypes ( amount of spawns are cut in half). Also proximity of teammates would probably cause more inconsistent results. But the more testing I do, the more it seems you can 100% predict a spawn based on 2 simple variables: enemy positions and teammate positions.

In H2A, enemy presence was something like -100, Line of Sight was -10 (doubleish for Sniper), Allied presence was barely stronger than LoS if you were directly next to a spawn, and weaker as you moved away.

Enemy Presence was an enormous volume.  Allied presence was smaller.

The volume for enemy presence in H5 is definitely smaller (hence why people can spawn behind you as you leave a spawn), but allied presence influence is MUCH stronger (standing directly next to a spawn point is a much higher chance to spawn a player there, much like Halo Reach.)

You should also be testing for Death influence (which, if it's like previous titles lasts either 7 or 10 seconds.)

I tried to see if there is any death influence and I don't believe there is any. I would let the player move around to different areas before killing him and would still respawn same place. Then I would spawn snipe the respawn and the player would still respawn there over and over. The one thing I know will influence spawns that I haven't tested is teammate proximity. I would be willing to bet a player would still respawn in the same place over and over if said teammates where not moving (like the testing I've been doing for enemy Proximities)

Someone finally uploaded the original!..Well Part 2, but with the original photos.

Has nothing on the first one, but still funny for sure. 

So funny to look back at some of these OG's and compare it to where they are today. Bravo went from that long-haired coach known for always wearing GUNNARS to 343 and Forbes, Gandhi went from the most legendary trash-talker in MLG history to a game designer at Hi-rez, others went on to find continued success in other games, T2 found yoga, and alot of these nerds are still competing to this day or at 343 running the HCS. Not bad halo community, not bad at all. Halo community, #1 forever.  :goat:

• Upvote (+1) 7

All scores and stats from tonight's scrims and ladder matches below.

Liquid 6 - 3 Allegiance

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, Liquid Wins 3-0

Game 2 - Team Slayer The Rig, AE Wins 50-44

Game 3 - Strongholds Plaza, Liquid Wins 100-21

Game 4 - Capture the Flag Fathom, Liquid Wins 2-1

Game 5 - Strongholds Eden, AE Wins 100-82

Game 6 - Team Slayer Regret, AE Wins 50-35

Game 7 - Strongholds The Rig, Liquid Wins 100-62

Game 8 - Team Slayer Coliseum, Liquid Wins 50-39

Game 9 - Capture the Flag Truth, Liquid Wins 3-0

Allegiance 2 - 0 Karma Police (ladder match)

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, AE Wins 3-0

Game 2 - Team Slayer Eden, AE Wins 50-32

Allegiance 1 - 2 Winterfox (ladder match)

Game 1 - Breakout Gambol, AE Wins 5-1

Game 2 - Strongholds Plaza, WFX Wins 100-73

Game 3 - Team Slayer Regret, WFX Wins 50-42

Leftovers 2 - 0 Optic (ladder match)

Game 1 - Team Slayer Empire, Leftovers Win 50-48

Game 2 - Breakout Trench, Optic Wins 5-4

Game 3 - Breakout Altitude, Leftovers Win 5-4

Leftovers 2 - 1 Winterfox (ladder match)

Game 1 - Strongholds The Rig, Leftovers Win 100-63

Game 2 - Team Slayer Empire, WFX Wins 50-34

Game 3 - Capture the Flag Truth, Leftovers Win 3-1

Liquid 2 - 0 Winterfox (ladder match)

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Truth, Liquid Wins 3-1

Game 2 - Breakout Trench, Liquid Wins 5-4

Liquid 2 - 0 Optic (ladder match)

Game 1 - Strongholds The Rig, Liquid Wins 100-40

Game 2 - Team Slayer Empire, Liquid Wins 50-25

Winterfox 0 - 2 Optic (ladder match)

Game 1 - Breakout Altitude, Optic Wins 5-3

Game 2 - Team Slayer Regret, Optic Wins 50-49

Karma Police 2 - 1 Dream Team (ladder match)

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Truth, DT Wins 3-2

Game 2 - Team Slayer Coliseum, KP Wins 50-33

Game 3 - Team Slayer Empire, KP Wins 50-46

• Upvote (+1) 7

Ninja Turtle part killed me

My favorite:

Loophole Lion: SURPRISE lookin...

0549308001207959287.jpg

Honorable Mentions:

Maniac: best in the game, please.

Random Black Dude: How the hell you play this game...

Snipedown: Just got some candy, come hop in my van...

Enable: Redbull...

Osama Bin Laden we found you, Dmaq...

• Upvote (+1) 3

Liquid 6 - 3 Allegiance

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, Liquid Wins 3-0

Game 2 - Team Slayer The Rig, AE Wins 50-44

Game 3 - Strongholds Plaza, Liquid Wins 100-21

Game 4 - Capture the Flag Fathom, Liquid Wins 2-1

Game 5 - Strongholds Eden, AE Wins 100-82

Game 6 - Team Slayer Regret, AE Wins 50-35

Game 7 - Strongholds The Rig, Liquid Wins 100-62

Game 8 - Team Slayer Coliseum, Liquid Wins 50-39

Game 9 - Capture the Flag Truth, Liquid Wins 3-0

Allegiance 2 - 0 Karma Police (ladder match)

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, AE Wins 3-0

Game 2 - Team Slayer Eden, AE Wins 50-32

Allegiance 1 - 2 Winterfox (ladder match)

Game 1 - Breakout Gambol, AE Wins 5-1

Game 2 - Strongholds Plaza, WFX Wins 100-73

Game 3 - Team Slayer Regret, WFX Wins 50-42

Leftovers 2 - 0 Optic (ladder match)

Game 1 - Team Slayer Empire, Leftovers Win 50-48

Game 2 - Breakout Trench, Optic Wins 5-4

Game 3 - Breakout Altitude, Leftovers Win 5-4

Leftovers 2 - 1 Winterfox (ladder match)

Game 1 - Strongholds The Rig, Leftovers Win 100-63

Game 2 - Team Slayer Empire, WFX Wins 50-34

Game 3 - Capture the Flag Truth, Leftovers Win 3-1

Liquid 2 - 0 Winterfox (ladder match)

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Truth, Liquid Wins 3-1

Game 2 - Breakout Trench, Liquid Wins 5-4

Liquid 2 - 0 Optic (ladder match)

Game 1 - Strongholds The Rig, Liquid Wins 100-40

Game 2 - Team Slayer Empire, Liquid Wins 50-25

Winterfox 0 - 2 Optic (ladder match)

Game 1 - Breakout Altitude, Optic Wins 5-3

Game 2 - Team Slayer Regret, Optic Wins 50-49

Karma Police 2 - 1 Dream Team (ladder match)

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Truth, DT Wins 3-2

Game 2 - Team Slayer Coliseum, KP Wins 50-33

Game 3 - Team Slayer Empire, KP Wins 50-46

No " ' " games ?

In H2A, enemy presence was something like -100, Line of Sight was -10 (doubleish for Sniper), Allied presence was barely stronger than LoS if you were directly next to a spawn, and weaker as you moved away.

Enemy Presence was an enormous volume.  Allied presence was smaller.

The volume for enemy presence in H5 is definitely smaller (hence why people can spawn behind you as you leave a spawn), but allied presence influence is MUCH stronger (standing directly next to a spawn point is a much higher chance to spawn a player there, much like Halo Reach.)

You should also be testing for Death influence (which, if it's like previous titles lasts either 7 or 10 seconds.)

I'm not sure how accurate that really is for H5. The volume for enemy presence part specifically. I know you can spawn someone on top of their own body multiple times in a row if you setup the right way and/or into your aim with a sniper. The reason for most of the spawns where someone appears directly behind you leaving a spawn have all been a result of multiple spartans blocking all of the typical spawns and producing seemingly random results from the ones I went back and checked out in theater. Mostly 8 man FFA for reference. Especially the spawn assassination ones that can happen on Empire CTF if your team tries to push from everywhere at once. I do think that something strange happens in certain areas like car bubbles though where people definitely get spawns that would have been blocked from that same distance on maps like Coliseum. Or spawn under bases when you're on top. Maybe map geometry blocks spawn influences? Or the death influence is so low that it only makes a definitive difference if all of the spawns are already blocked by enemy presence. I have no idea. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hmmm... Looks like Winterfox, had a rough couple of GB's against other pro's tonight, 2-0'd twice. Just a bad night probably. Ive been watching lots of Ryan's streams for a while now and Winterfox has looked pretty good. And definitely are improving. Nice to see them grinding for points. Every point is getting more important every day. Especially for them and where they are seeded at the moment.

Optic 2-0 against Winterfox, surprises me most. Even if it was just a GB match, and a TS win by 1 kill. Haven't had a chance to see a Optic stream lately. Have they just been improving that much? Cause, they didn't look good last i seen. But, i always got faith in Flamesword. Guy is a real professional, and knows how to lead and prepare a Halo team.

@@Wonderboy @@TheSimms do either of you have a bracket for the latest UK Qualifier? Gfinity seems to have deleted all of the recent cups and data from their site, save for the upcoming one on the 10th.

I personally do not, maybe @@Meekel can give a link?

Thanks for the love mate! That was only the semi though, Infused lost to Vibe in the final

Infused did beat Epsilon in semi-finals but Vibe won the event.

Balls. This is what happens when you try to watch the stream whilst preparing dinner!  :lol:

Looking forward to next one anyway. Keep up the good work!

jkS2gJe.png

• Upvote (+1) 4