CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Evening gents, some updates released.

New version of the rule book inbound later this week.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think the real reason OpTic are struggling is that they aren't simultaneously posting random motivational phrases on Twitter after every night of scrimming.

Seriously though watching the last couple OpTic videos has me doubting them even making Regionals. Mike should've dropped Maniac a long time ago because clearly he doesn't feel like playing the game even with a 2+ million dollar insentive. 

Seriously though watching the last couple OpTic videos has me doubting them even making Regionals. Mike should've dropped Maniac a long time ago because clearly he doesn't feel like playing the game even with a 2+ million dollar insentive.

Looks like Maniac had some of the better stats. Which doesn't mean much but he can still keep up with anyone when he actually tries.

Maniac has always been the slayer on optic though. Those numbers aren't surprising. I think Flamesword nailed it with his post tourney tweet, the little things are killing Optic.

And to be fair, what notable teams did Optic play? Did they even play any notable teams?

And to be fair, what notable teams did Optic play? Did they even play any notable teams?

They faced the . team (Very Nerdy, BabyJ, Tragic, and Exemplify)

VLOG from Ninja

Loving this decision from him. He has the right personality to be making youtube vids regularly, lets hope he actually sticks with it.

I don't see the point of stats against "notable teams" when most teams only play 2-5 notable games per tourney.

• Upvote (+1) 1

eldGO2a.png

VqmSDk0.png

L5o4ba6.png

H1kNkJT.png

You should list which teams they played, and how many games. Maybe scores too, although that could be getting too busy.

The chat in every Halo stream just shits on autos and radar the whole time.

I don't know how they could think it's just beyond or the competitive community hating on those things when your audience for your eSports focused title shits on it nonstop as well.

Nerf autos, remove radar.

Pls, for the love of god.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why is there a UK qualifier in the middle of the week when there was one just a few days ago?

Because they have to make time for the UK finals LAN which qualifies 3 teams for the EMEA Regionals.

Holy shit  :bman:

That's actually a crazy find...I had no idea EG was in Halo back in the day. 

I would be interested to know if they were actually sponsored or just picked the name randomly. Looks like it was just a 1off 2v2 tourney.

Don't be in denial, you know you love it.

I have to say I like the "Leftovers Fan" Sign a lot hahaha

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't see the point of stats against "notable teams" when most teams only play 2-5 notable games per tourney.

Well I'd rather have fewer games of stats, then have bloated stats because the notable teams beat up on lesser players.

Cup #2 was pretty bad for stats because there was so many sweeps in those bo3 series'.

You should list which teams they played, and how many games. Maybe scores too, although that could be getting too busy.

The series recaps are posted on the HCSStats twitter the day of the tourney. The stats come from those specific series'.

For Example:

CX2HLPsUwAARjqd.png

• Upvote (+1) 2