CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

interesting

Why interesting? I think the only "notable team" they played was EG & they were good matches. Idk what is considered notable as it could include their round of 16 match

@@ssbChad looking at these stats are honestly a lot easier on the eyes than your previous layout that I think was more or less a player breakdown for every map/game(?) I think maybe it was just too visually stimulating or too many clashing colors but whatever you did here looks so much better, but that might just be me. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know stats aren't everything... but dat Blaze Rhozay KD  :wutface:

They only had 2 games vs 'Notable Teams' and he was like 2-12 in both of them or so. Not a big indicator of anything but a bad series.

@@ssbChad looking at these stats are honestly a lot easier on the eyes than your previous layout that I think was more or less a player breakdown for every map/game(?) I think maybe it was just too visually stimulating or too many clashing colors but whatever you did here looks so much better, but that might just be me. 

Well I mean there's only K/D and KD/A being posted. So there's a lot less needed to be shown.

When you're showing breakdowns of every map and gametype, there's a lot of information. So it's going to feel busy.

It's because he has a solid color as a background for the stats. iirc the previous layout didn't have a background for the stats, although, the map names had backgrounds, but they were veeeeeery similar to the main background.

Looks a lot better now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is it possible to put how much damage a player does for the qualifier? IMO that's one of the most interesting/influential stat in the game if you ask me. 

I don't think so; halotracker doesn't record those stats (I don't think, I couldn't find it when I looked a couple days ago) and I believe that is where the stats are gathered from.

Karma and Crim

It's like you read my mind, lol. Even with little practice I think they could win a last chance qualifier. To much natural talent. Looked good when H5 released as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You'd be walking a dangerous line if you said anything about Papa Walshy, however nicely you do it.

On the other hand, that negative rep bar has is fantastic shade of crimson.

Confirmed nice shade of Crimson.

However you can talk shit, you should have watched Royal 2s stream during the qualifier, you'd hear ogre 2 and friends shit tap walshy for saying it's bad how hard he tries to analyze but he's just plain bad now and "irrelevant" as far as his h5 knowledge is.

Ah well

Ive noticed it a few times and it really stuck out on Sunday. He takes over the broadcast and forgets his role. He is the guy analysing the plays. He's great at this, and goes on a lot. He however then goes off a bit too long on his point, often in a new tangent as he furthers his point.

His points often stretches out for such a long period of time that crucial events in the game will happen, and he will  just take over the play-by-play role, overshadowing the other caster.

As well as this, he often tries to pass the buck back to the play by play guy by asking for their opinion on a certain thing (he did this a lot on Sunday), which caught Benson off as a) he's not too knowledgeable on in-depth strats and b ) he's not used to his partner doing that. This stunts the flow of conversation as Benson will just try pass the buck back to Walshy.

Such mistakes just come from a lack of preparation/practice. Hopefully as he gets more involved in the tourney he improves these minor flaws.

I agree. Walshy is aware of this I believe. It's just his personality and he will have to work at it if he wants to step up in casting. However he is firmly into his CS courses I believe, so he isn't as up to date of stuff as he would like I'm sure, and I think he tries to compensate by "rambling" at times. Still love him though.

He just needs to learn the skill of making your points with as few words as possible.

Top 16 goes to Regionals for NA, no? In that case it is still quite possible for T2 and other hopefuls to make the cut.

Top 15 in Pro Points after Online Tournament 5 go to Regionals. 16th team is the winner of the "Last Chance Qualifier".

• Upvote (+1) 1

16th team is the winner of the "Last Chance Qualifier"

As a fan, I hope this is as intense as it sounds because imagining this match going into overtime makes me salivate. 

How will it work, exactly? Will it be 16-20 going at it for the last seed?

btw Fear itself is teaming with predevon, contra, and lifestyle

confirmed? Or just running gamebattle or something?

As a fan, I hope this is as intense as it sounds because imagining this match going into overtime makes me salivate. 

How will it work, exactly? Will it be 16-20 going at it for the last seed?

My understanding is that it is open to all teams (512). See HERE.

Same as the other 5 OT's, just this one will EXCLUDE the 15 teams that already made it and the winner gets a bigger price (spot 16).

• Upvote (+1) 2

What qualifier is the roster lock? Because I could see this turning into constant movement of players to assemble the most points as possible for these lower teir "amateur" (for lack of a better word") teams that are on the fringe in an attempt to make top 16

Looks like overdrive might have picked up or tried out Blaze.

he's a good player. Just cus he got destroyed by a team on a whole different level doesn't say much
  • Upvote (+1) 4

he's a good player. Just cus he got destroyed by a team on a whole different level doesn't say much

It says he's not on their level.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What qualifier is the roster lock? Because I could see this turning into constant movement of players to assemble the most points as possible for these lower teir "amateur" (for lack of a better word") teams that are on the fringe in an attempt to make top 16

Its gonna be a shady day to say the least.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's because he has a solid color as a background for the stats. iirc the previous layout didn't have a background for the stats, although, the map names had backgrounds, but they were veeeeeery similar to the main background.

Looks a lot better now.

Definitely this @@ssbChad. It's not the amount of information that I had a problem with.

Point to a time where an org owner following all the members of a team within a relatively short time does NOT lead to that org picking up said team.

Nadeds team and nV, iirc.