CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Maybe Str8 Rippin should pick them up? I mean that's the only way T2 would get close to HWC.  :kappa:

Still think he should join the #GreenWall

Mix some yoga into their normal gym videos, and coach them like he did with SQ. 

:lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Point to a time where an org owner following all the members of a team within a relatively short time does NOT lead to that org picking up said team.

One second I gotta download this new twitter feature, it shows you the % of times an org owner has followed all team members and picked them up!!

But in all seriousness... It is still speculation. I am from the cod scene originally and I am under the impression the owner does have some $$$ so I'm not saying they won't join that org ESPECIALLY if they do offer some sort of salary.

*********Here is my fair warning to vicx,spartan,cloud,commonly. Don't sign any contract with them if you don't want it long term, they may not let another org buyout contract. The current AES (apotheon) CoD team went to the LAN qualifier already contracted and then ended up qualifying. Activision paid for all flights/hotels of players so the players could of went orgless and then had C9 (100%) pick them up and possibly TSM. There is currently an orgless team right now in the league (proofys team) and rumors are TSM is picking them up. The AES players were complaining a lot on twitter because they felt they were being screwed out of an oportunity. So be careful to jump any gun, but $ is $ so I get it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Im sad to see @@Chig not competing anymore.  Such a good dude and good competitor.

I hope he's pulling an Assault where he fake stops playing then comes back and wins some huge FFA tournie and gets like top 4. (even though his old team won the event)

• Upvote (+1) 1

ecce1100d41f68227139b2ba74c483c8.png

Its a good career move. Stable job. Its all of Liquid not just Liquid Halo.

That is if he isn't trolling of course.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Couldn't it do with him living with 343? Maybe he can't compete. 

Nah what he's saying in his stream was he couldn't find a team, but he had this position in management, so he made the best of a bad situation.  He has a stable job for now and is just going to sit out from competing due to shitty circumstances out of his control.  Hate to see it, but at least he has a good spot at liquid.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Im sad to see @@Chig not competing anymore.  Such a good dude and good competitor.

I hope he's pulling an Assault where he fake stops playing then comes back and wins some huge FFA tournie and gets like top 4. (even though his old team won the event)

lol, why not retire in a couple months, just after the effing huge $2.5-$3m tourney?  Chig would have gotten picked up by someone in the next few weeks ... makes no sense to me.  The TL job likely would have still been there for him

lol, why not retire in a couple months, just after the effing huge $2.5-$3m tourney?  Chig would have gotten picked up by someone in the next few weeks ... makes no sense to me.  The TL job likely would have still been there for him

nah he was saying it was hard to find people that wanted to team with him so this was his best option for now.  Not sure why he couldn't find a team that wanted to play with him, but i doubt he wanted to play with Ametuer players, and maybe the only pros available just weren't a good match for him.  Sucks to see

nah he was saying it was hard to find people that wanted to team with him so this was his best option for now.  Not sure why he couldn't find a team that wanted to play with him, but i doubt he wanted to play with Ametuer players, and maybe the only pros available just weren't a good match for him.  Sucks to see

Eh, after a few cups of underperforming (not these cups per se, but future ones as well), I'm sure some teams would look at him. Could see him on WFX if they don't improve, or Dream Team if they tank (he's teamed with Prototype before). 

I'm sure he could've found something. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Eh, after a few cups of underperforming (not these cups per se, but future ones as well), I'm sure some teams would look at him. Could see him on WFX if they don't improve, or Dream Team if they tank (he's teamed with Prototype before). 

ya i talked to prototype right after chig left liquid cuz ik they had teamed in the past, and he said that he was content with his squad because they were performing well but if there needed to be roster changes chig was an option, just not at the moment.  It was in his twitch chat i believe.  But ya the only bad part about this is chig will be behind on points.

He needs points, you absolutely can't afford to miss any of these. Even average teams would have to pass on good players if their points hinder their chances of making the top 16. There is 0 time to waste.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

He needs points, you absolutely can't afford to miss any of these. Even average teams would have to pass on good players if their points hinder their chances of making the top 16. There is 0 time to waste.

do you think there is a chance for people with 0 points now to make top 16?

do you think there is a chance for people with 0 points now to make top 16?

Everyone still has a shot with the last chance qualifier, but no one wants to be in that position.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So are you saying that, if you were an am player trying to make it to Regionals, you'd take Kephrii over Chig? He has more points.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This 100%

So are you saying that, if you were an am player trying to make it to Regionals, you'd take Kephrii over Chig? He has more points.

This early in qualifier I wouldn't.

It's not all black and white. If you have no points at a time like this, you'd need to be a solid top 5 in terms of raw skill and knowledge of the game to be worthwhile pick up. For example, if Snipedown was a F/A without points at a time like this, most people would still pick him up because he's the kind of teammate who contributes this much to a team and can help secure a high placing for the remaining qualifiers, making it a worthwhile investment. Likewise, someone who might not help bring in the required amount of points later on might require a change. 

I think the point he just wanted to make is that there's no reason to make a conscious decision to miss a tournament just to later on try and join a team. Chig could have still obtained a few extra points if he did look for a last minute team to at least give qualifier #2 a shot... which he didn't, so it would put him in an even worse spot going forward with this because while teams do look for skill, points and seeding are a big factor (even for the qualifiers themselves). I guess it depends if his skill is worth that sort of risk (I have no clue).

Overall it's still the earlier stages of the qualifier, so it's not too bad... but decisions have to be very, very deliberate. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's very situational. Say you pick up Chig for OQ #6 but know you have to place top 32 in order to qualify for Regionals -- it puts more pressure on just picking up someone with enough points that guarantees you the trip. Then you know you don't have to win the LMQ with Chig if you don't place top 32.

But on the flip side -- Chig would definitely be worth the risk because you could possibly get a much higher placing at Regionals (say top 8) which sends you to HWC and allows you to win a LOT more money. 

I know Chig hit up huke to play but i think he already had this current team hes playing with. Chig rn for JesseThrizle would be like a 500 point drop off and theyd prob get better. I havent seen chig play this game but is he actually still up to par?

Is it possible to put how much damage a player does for the qualifier? IMO that's one of the most interesting/influential stat in the game if you ask me. 

• Upvote (+1) 2