CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Friendly reminder, tomorrow night @ 5pm GMT is UK Qualification Cup #3 which is the only HaloWC qualification action until the weekend! Myself and Onset will once again be covering the action, and to give people a bit of background going into the cup check out the top 4 ranked lineups courtesy of @@TheSimms's beautiful post:

UK Standings Currently - LINK

1 - Epsilon - @@Jimbo, Snipedrone, BUK20, BUK57

2 - VIBE - @, MOSE, Respectful, Fuzion

3 - Excel - Havoc, Lunny, Snakey, Godshot

4 - Infused - Chalkie, Ramirez, BlackJack

Epsilon have won both cups so far and are looking to make it a 3peat; Vibe, Infused and Excel are hot on their heels however and have all improved from week to week. Going to be some good games going down for sure! Join us tomorrow on twitch.tv/gfinitytv

your casting is excellent man, keep it up

• Upvote (+1) 1

Meh the Halo stream is unwatchable with players outlines and the off aiming. I recommend you watch from personal streams.

Doesnt really have a lot to do with his casting.

I much prefer having the outlines anyways, its hard enough to track players in this game. Never thought any Halo streams were that good.

Friendly reminder, tomorrow night @ 5pm GMT is UK Qualification Cup #3 which is the only HaloWC qualification action until the weekend! Myself and Onset will once again be covering the action, and to give people a bit of background going into the cup check out the top 4 ranked lineups courtesy of @@TheSimms's beautiful post:

Epsilon have won both cups so far and are looking to make it a 3peat; Vibe, Infused and Excel are hot on their heels however and have all improved from week to week. Going to be some good games going down for sure! Join us tomorrow on twitch.tv/gfinitytv

Top 2 make it to HWC?

I guess since ive already dug a negrep grave with my Walshy feedback, Il drop some feedback here too. Ive watched a few streams of you guys at Insomnia/Gfinity now.

Game knowledge and player/scene knowledge is spot on. Main criticism is that the casting can get a bit monotone at times/general lack of excitement.

Id also say plan some scripts in advance to use for talking points when filling in time between games/delays. Try not to make it look so obvious too, there was point at Insomnia (I think) where you literally had a timer/phone out saying it was x amount of seconds till the spectator delay was up. We know the spec mode is hardly perfect, but it just makes the production/you guys look worse when its not really your fault.

Top 2 make it to HWC?

4 when combined with EMEA

• Upvote (+1) 1

Top 16 goes to Regionals for NA, no? In that case it is still quite possible for T2 and other hopefuls to make the cut.

Doesnt really have a lot to do with his casting.

I much prefer having the outlines anyways, its hard enough to track players in this game. Never thought any Halo streams were that good.

Everything is preference, i love Walshy casting, and i hate British accents in commentary. Some people hate Tastosis i love them. I think we need a Puckett kind of guy back. I just loved when Puckett said, Puckett Rocket or Sneaky Beaver.

your casting is excellent man, keep it up

Thanks for the love man, appreciate it!

Top 2 make it to HWC?

Top 3 from UK Champs (LAN event Jan 16th Weekend, first HaloWC Live event) & a last chance qualifying team go to EMEA finals, where 4 teams make it to worlds. Bit complicated, but put it simply:

Top 16 ranked teams are invited to UK Champs

Top 3 from UK Champs are invited to Regionals

Last Chance qualifier winner invited to Regionals

Top 4 from Regionals (EU, UK, Africa & Middle East) go to worlds

I guess since ive already dug a negrep grave with my Walshy feedback, Il drop some feedback here too. Ive watched a few streams of you guys at Insomnia/Gfinity now.

Game knowledge and player/scene knowledge is spot on. Main criticism is that the casting can get a bit monotone at times/general lack of excitement.

Id also say plan some scripts in advance to use for talking points when filling in time between games/delays. Try not to make it look so obvious too, there was point at Insomnia (I think) where you literally had a timer/phone out saying it was x amount of seconds till the spectator delay was up. We know the spec mode is hardly perfect, but it just makes the production/you guys look worse when its not really your fault.

Thanks so much for the feedback mate, massively appreciated. Watching back I completely agree on the lack of energy, definitely something I've picked up on and will be trying to work on to make the games feel even more intense (in my defense on Sunday I was absolutely DYING with the flu by the final.. but no excuses ;)).

Also I think a lot of people got the wrong end of the stick at insomnia thinking I was playing about on my phone... I was actually using the stopwatch to time from when the spectate button appears haha. Looking back it definitely should have been kept out of sight, but I know how antsy the twitch chat can get in between games, no one wants to hear two blokes babble on, everyone wants to watch halo! Thanks again for the comments, constructive feedback is always MASSIVELY appreciated by us casters.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Also I think a lot of people got the wrong end of the stick at insomnia thinking I was playing about on my phone... I was actually using the stopwatch to time from when the spectate button appears haha. Looking back it definitely should have been kept out of sight, but I know how antsy the twitch chat can get in between games, no one wants to hear two blokes babble on, everyone wants to watch halo! Thanks again for the comments, constructive feedback is always MASSIVELY appreciated by us casters.

Haha nah I realised what you were doing, a smart idea but maybe leave a stopwatch on the table or something.

I encourage back and forth chat, hell, Id say feel free to go off topic/on tangents if need be. The most popular casters are the ones that showcase their personality more. In LoL, Doa is a huge favourite because we know him to be the guy with the random comments/obscure 1990s TV references.

Watch your casts as much possible. Sounds cringey, but get used to hearing the sound of your own voice if you want to get better. Write down everything you hate about yourself when casting/what was good etc and try cast over streams of scrims for practice.

Everything is preference

Course it is, but your response to my Walshy criticisms was "watch without the outlines". A bit odd.

Also, no such thing as a British accent :)

Anybody else think Leftovers should check with Cloud 9 and see if there's any interest? Or are they already confirmed done with halo for this season?

Anybody else think Leftovers should check with Cloud 9 and see if there's any interest? Or are they already confirmed done with halo for this season?

Agreed. Know they backed out since their team wasn't doing so well, but this new roster + marketability of Spartan could be attractive.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They should check with everybody, no matter the past or small probability.

It's always worth a shot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you want an org to come in, the players need to approach them and be able to demonstrate what they offer them (and it needs to be more than high placings). The team is barely weeks (one week?) old, theres no solid ground that this team can stick around. Victory himself had Cloud 9 which arguably shows that they didnt find much return despite C9 getting regular decent placings.

Hell, people "literally" said TSM could pick up Overdrive from one solid placing, yet are down to 3/4 a few weeks later, Nothing stopping Leftovers doing the same.

Agreed. Know they backed out since their team wasn't doing so well, but this new roster + marketability of Spartan could be attractive.

Yup. Think it would be a match made in heaven. Here's to hoping, anyways.

Random question: Who is the guy who made all the HCS Team signatures? He tweeted me a while ago but I cannot for the life of me find it.

If you want an org to come in, the players need to approach them and be able to demonstrate what they offer them (and it needs to be more than high placings). The team is barely weeks (one week?) old, theres no solid ground that this team can stick around. Victory himself had Cloud 9 which arguably shows that they didnt find much return despite C9 getting regular decent placings.

Hell, people "literally" said TSM could pick up Overdrive from one solid placing, yet are down to 3/4 a few weeks later, Nothing stopping Leftovers doing the same.

I agree however I think this situation is vastly different. No offense to vetoed but Leftovers is a squad full of players that have proven themselves and that can get top rankings. Spartan is a top 10 h5 player in mine and many others minds as well. Cloud won a championship if I'm not mistaken? (Relatively new to the scene)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Random question: Who is the guy who made all the HCS Team signatures? He tweeted me a while ago but I cannot for the life of me find it.

Hiya. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm strictly focusing on how these orgs will treat the players. These are pretty high profile names in the scene. You'd want them to be treated right.

Can Apotheon really do that? I guess we will find out but at that point it would be too late.

Why are we assuming clouds team is joining them lol? As a player you'll of course follow back and keep options open but them joining apaotheon is nothing more than speculation

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why are we assuming clouds team is joining them lol? As a player you'll of course follow back and keep options open but them joining apaotheon is nothing more than speculation

As halo fans I think we enjoy #intel just a tad too much haha.

Point to a time where an org owner following all the members of a team within a relatively short time does NOT lead to that org picking up said team.

Maybe Str8 Rippin should pick them up? I mean that's the only way T2 would get close to HWC.  :kappa: