CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think CWL needs to be LAN (as proved by today) before you can call it the big leagues/espn/comparable to lol

LoL doesn't technically have LAN eitiher.  They just have a local server for LCS / for when they travel to events.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I feel like some Pro's in "another FPS" should form a team and compete in it. Minimal time commitment, making regionals guarantees money (right?), and a spot to compete for 2 million? I mean, I can think of a few CoD players that pop in here from time to time that could form a team and probably take it.

Maybe if I wish real hard... :)

But who would Formal and Enable pick as their third and fourth who's unlikely to qualify through the cups but still good enough to give them a shot of doing well in regionals?

Scores and stats from tonight's scrims/ladder matches below.

EG 12 - 5 Liquid

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Truth, EG Wins 3-0

Game 2 - Team Slayer Regret, EG Wins 50-38

Game 3 - Strongholds Empire, EG Wins 100-8

Game 4 - Breakout Trench, Liquid Wins 5-4

Game 5 - Strongholds Eden, Liquid Wins 100-42

Game 6 - Capture the Flag Fathom, EG Wins 2-1

Game 7 - Team Slayer Coliseum, EG Wins 50-38

Game 8 - Strongholds Plaza, Liquid Wins 100-87

Game 9 - Strongholds The Rig, Liquid Wins 100-89

Game 10 - Team Slayer Truth, EG Wins 50-45

Game 11 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, Liquid Wins 2-1

Game 12 - Team Slayer Empire, EG Wins 50-47

Game 13 - Team Slayer Plaza, EG Wins 50-35

Game 14 - Capture the Flag Empire, EG Wins 3-1

Game 15 - Team Slayer Eden, EG Wins 50-30

Game 16 - Breakout Altitude, EG Wins 5-3

Game 17 - Team Slayer The Rig, EG Wins 50-40

nV 1 - 4 Leftovers (+1 tie game)

Game 1 - Strongholds Eden, Leftovers Winning 77-10

Game 1 Cont'd - Strongholds Eden, Leftovers Winning 51-50

Game 2 - Capture the Flag Empire, Leftovers Win 3-0

Game 3 - Team Slayer Regret, Leftovers Win 50-40

Game 4 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, Teams Tie 2-2

Game 5 - Strongholds The Rig, Leftovers Win 100-44

Game 6 - Capture the Flag Truth, nV Wins 3-2

Liquid 6 - 0 Karma Police (Aries Caries, bubu dubu, JesseThRiZLE, huke)

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Truth, Liquid Wins 3-1

Game 2 - Team Slayer Empire, Liquid Wins 50-46

Game 3 - Strongholds Plaza, Liquid Wins 100-36

Game 4 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, Liquid Wins 3-1

Game 5 - Team Slayer Eden, Liquid Wins 50-38

Game 6 - Breakout Altitude, Liquid Wins 5-3

eLevate 2 - 0 Karma Police (ladder match)

Game 1 - Strongholds Eden, eLevate Wins 100-14

Game 2 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, eLevate Wins 3-0

eLevate 2 - 1 Winterfox (ladder match)

Game 1 - Team Slayer Empire, WFX Wins 50-40

Game 2 - Team Slayer Truth, eLevate Wins 50-49

Game 3 - Team Slayer Empire, eLevate Wins 50-36

eLevate 2 - 0 OpTic (ladder match)

Game 1 - Team Slayer Eden, eLevate Wins 50-39

Game 2 - Strongholds Eden, eLevate Wins 100-80

eLevate 2 - 0 Karma Police (ladder match)

Game 1 - Breakout Altitude, eLevate Wins 5-0

Game 2 - Team Slayer Truth, KP Wins 50-40

Game 3 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, eLevate Wins 3-0

Allegiance 2 - 0 Leftovers (ladder match)

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Fathom, AE Wins 3-1

Game 2 - Strongholds Coliseum, AE Wins 100-93

Winterfox 2 - 1 Karma Police (ladder match)

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Truth, KP Wins 3-2

Game 2 - Team Slayer Eden, WFX Wins 50-35

Game 3 - Team Slayer Regret, WFX Wins 50-43

• Upvote (+1) 8

LoL doesn't technically have LAN eitiher.  They just have a local server for LCS / for when they travel to events.

You know what I meant

TL definitely isn't where they were a month ago strength wise, but they are also probably the most under practiced "Top" team right now and just had a team change. Still a top 6 team IMO. Of course I'm also biased.

• Upvote (+1) 1

At least make it CTF, Slayer and then strongholds in BO3... Breakout only in BO5 as game 4

As long as you don't play the same game mode twice in a best of three. Nothing is more annoying than seeing a game 1 and game 2 breakout pop up.

As long as you don't play the same game mode twice in a best of three. Nothing is more annoying than seeing a game 1 and game 2 breakout pop up.

Well, slayer and breakout is almost just as bad

Did that happen?

Happens in gamebattles ladder matches. Not too sure if it does in the qualifiers. I have seen a breakout game 1 and a slayer game 2 happen though.

Well, slayer and breakout is almost just as bad

Yea pretty much. 

Friendly reminder, tomorrow night @ 5pm GMT is UK Qualification Cup #3 which is the only HaloWC qualification action until the weekend! Myself and Onset will once again be covering the action, and to give people a bit of background going into the cup check out the top 4 ranked lineups courtesy of @@TheSimms's beautiful post:

UK Standings Currently - LINK

1 - Epsilon - @@Jimbo, Snipedrone, BUK20, BUK57

2 - VIBE - @, MOSE, Respectful, Fuzion

3 - Excel - Havoc, Lunny, Snakey, Godshot

4 - Infused - Chalkie, Ramirez, BlackJack

Epsilon have won both cups so far and are looking to make it a 3peat; Vibe, Infused and Excel are hot on their heels however and have all improved from week to week. Going to be some good games going down for sure! Join us tomorrow on twitch.tv/gfinitytv

• Upvote (+1) 4

Surely they can get a bigger org than that...

Some of these teams/pros sell themselves short.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Caught up on the HWC NA tourney, would I get neg repped to hell if I have a few criticisms of Walshy's casting?

Surely they can get a bigger org than that...

Some of these teams/pros sell themselves short.

Beggars cant be choosers, many of the big orgs have made it clear they arent interested in Halo over COD, take what you have for now, and demonstrate to bigger orgs what you could potentially be worth.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Caught up on the HWC NA tourney, would I get neg repped to hell if I have a few criticisms of Walshy's casting?

Beggars cant be choosers, many of the big orgs have made it clear they arent interested in Halo over COD, take what you have for now, and demonstrate to bigger orgs what you could potentially be worth.

I think we have all the proof we need that org hopping isn't the best idea for these players.

At the end of the day, this is for big money, and those players are very good.

They should be patient until they get the right fit, IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You'd be walking a dangerous line if you said anything about Papa Walshy, however nicely you do it.

On the other hand, that negative rep bar has is fantastic shade of crimson.

As long as it is constructive and not just attacks, I doubt it. 

I think we have all the proof we need that org hopping isn't the best idea for these players.

At the end of the day, this is for big money, and those players are very good.

They should be patient until they get the right fit, IMO.

There isint a huge amount of choice at the moment. And getting top 2 on an online tourney with a very new team with no clear sign of long term commitment is not exactly enticing for big orgs.

What are their releastic options at the moment? Anyone who says TSM gets an automatic neg rep.

Hypothetical - lets say a small org wins worlds. Bigger org comes in, buys out their contracts. Its a win win for everyone.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Accidentally negged sorry :(

No worries man.

To be honest I'd neg myself too. Apotheon definitely isn't my first choice for a potential Top 3 team lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

As long as it is constructive and not just attacks, I doubt it. 

On the other hand, that negative rep bar has is fantastic shade of crimson.

Ah well

Ive noticed it a few times and it really stuck out on Sunday. He takes over the broadcast and forgets his role. He is the guy analysing the plays. He's great at this, and goes on a lot. He however then goes off a bit too long on his point, often in a new tangent as he furthers his point.

His points often stretches out for such a long period of time that crucial events in the game will happen, and he will  just take over the play-by-play role, overshadowing the other caster.

As well as this, he often tries to pass the buck back to the play by play guy by asking for their opinion on a certain thing (he did this a lot on Sunday), which caught Benson off as a) he's not too knowledgeable on in-depth strats and b ) he's not used to his partner doing that. This stunts the flow of conversation as Benson will just try pass the buck back to Walshy.

Such mistakes just come from a lack of preparation/practice. Hopefully as he gets more involved in the tourney he improves these minor flaws.

• Upvote (+1) 4

There isint a huge amount of choice at the moment. And getting top 2 on an online tourney with a very new team with no clear sign of long term commitment is not exactly enticing for big orgs.

What are their releastic options at the moment? Anyone who says TSM gets an automatic neg rep.

Hypothetical - lets say a small org wins worlds. Bigger org comes in, buys out their contracts. Its a win win for everyone.

I'm strictly focusing on how these orgs will treat the players. These are pretty high profile names in the scene. You'd want them to be treated right.

Can Apotheon really do that? I guess we will find out but at that point it would be too late.

Ah well

Ive noticed it a few times and it really stuck out on Sunday. He takes over the broadcast and forgets his role. He is the guy analysing the plays. He's great at this, and goes on a lot. He however then goes off a bit too long on his point, often in a new tangent as he furthers his point.

His points often stretch out for such a long period of times that crucial events in the game will happen, and he will often just take over the play-by-play role, overshadowing the other caster.

As well as this, he often tries to pass the buck back to the play by play guy by asking for their opinion on a certain thing (he did this a lot on Sunday), which caught Benson off as a) he's not too knowledgeable on in-depth strats and b ) he's not used to his partner doing that. This stunts the flow of conversation as Benson will just try pass the buck back to Walshy.

Such mistakes just come from a lack of preparation/practice. Hopefully as he gets more involved in the tourney he improves these minor flaws.

Meh the Halo stream is unwatchable with players outlines and the off aiming. I recommend you watch from personal streams.