CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Not sure if this is old news or not, but it's the first time I've seen it...

!TeamChange command in Ninja's chat: "Chig is stepping down from the active roster on Team Liquid Halo. It was by his choice to stop competing and take a position inside of management. Because of this change Team Liquid Halo is trying out fourths for the squad."

Sad if he's actually done competing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Legit has been playing, wonder if he's looking for a squad.

As for Overdrive, I'd say pick up T2 if you can. He's a veteran and a smart player

Or not because T2 is/can be a dick when he isn't winning. 

Legit or Mackeo would be better options.

But maybe after losing to Overdrive, Chig wanted to join them :kappa: Seriously though, Chig not competing would be a shame but I hope he is happy with whatever he does.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Or not because he is a dick when he isn't winning. 

Which is most of the time these days

I'm looking forward to see who you guys pick up. There are a lot of Halo veterans out there who are in need of a team that would bring a whole new dimension to your squad in terms of experience (T2, Fearitself). Or you can go for the pure talent route and find someone else who is lesser known but really skilled.

I know it's unlikely but Contra doesn't seem to have a solid team right now. I think you guys would be insanely improved with a player like him. But I think him and Predevonator are an unbreakable duo.

You guys have some serious leverage right now in terms of points so I think you'll be able to attract some top players to your squad.

OverDrive is all about finding talent and unlocking its potential. I don't plan on starting to look for veteran/established pros until we establish ourselves within the competitive scene.

As for Contra, he would indeed be an amazing mesh for our team based on his style, but I also noticed it looks like he has a duo. In fact, it seems like 3 of the players you've mentioned in this post are in fact running together to form a potential team, so... there's that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Dang I hate that if its true. I've always liked Chig

Definitely the right decision on his part. I assume he didn't have the choice to wait after HWC was done to take the job. No matter how big the prize pool gets, Chig made the right choice by taking the job. I wish him well in the TL org.

Definitely the right decision on his part. I assume he didn't have the choice to wait after HWC was done to take the job. No matter how big the prize pool gets, Chig made the right choice by taking the job. I wish him well in the TL org.

Yea I don't blame him one bit if it is true. Smart move on his part, and I wish him all the best

I wanna see this Leftovers team continue to do damage. Victory made a huge decision ot step away from FiS (i wonder if there is bad blood) and hes just a super nice dude in general. Spartan had a rough go with changes and broke out last year and is still a super positive and nice dude. Commonly is an up and comer and is demolishing the competition, and he grinds out content as well, love seeing that, so hes good in my books, and cloud is putting his foot down and showing these fools that he can hang.

surpised to see WFX struggling...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Where the hell do you go to see the total points and standings of teams? I want to see my total points so I can cry :salt:

MLG still hasn't updated the Pro Points on their site.

http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/xboxone/halo-5-guardians/pro-points?page=1

A bit latter tonight I'm going to upload my manually generated points sheet as well to onedrive since they can't be bothered to update their points so my automatic sheet works. Will post when it is updated later.

Just an FYI, here is a link to a secondary spreadsheet I have on my onedrive.

It has the OT2 manually added to the pro points before that tourney.

http://1drv.ms/1Z42WNb

@@DDoubleA You have 930 points (minus any points after OT2 if any) btw.

And MLG has still not updated the pro points on their website, so my primary sheet still can't draw the new updated point totals from their site. I guess they are busy with all that has been going down. Sure glad I didn't wait on them, lol.

PS: I think I'm going to wait a few days (or to the weekend) to update rosters again. Let the dust settle from all these teams making changes.

Overdrive dropping Kephri is going to drastically drop them in points now unless they pick up someone with a decent point total. I think someone on a team will look hard at trying to be their 4th consider points/placement. Hope it works out.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I dont really care about the seeds because i know everything will work itself out and be sorted eventually.

But 4th most scrims played (not counting 2nd accounts) and 10th on the ladder arent the BEST numbers, but it doesnt seem like slacking.

We lost to the team that won and the 3/4 place team.

Do I think we should be at 17th seed? No.

But tbh we are complete dog shit at the moment and make alot of trash mistakes and deserved to lose to the CLG and Allegiance. Luckily we have a lot of time to practice and learn, as frustrating as losing is, it is the best way to learn.

BTW im just a sub anyways so my words mean nothing, also who did EG pick up in place of Lethul?  :lxthul:

TLDR: No excuses, we suck ass as of right now

Definitely a fair argument and I should have checked GB records before posting. And to be fair, I said you guys had been grinding as of late. The post was more of an argument for the other teams saying that Winterfox and Optic haven't been "screwed" but the others right now are just as deserving. They're being discredited because of gamertags and organization names. I disagree with that sort of thinking.

• Upvote (+1) 1

pretty sure people have taken commonly seriously for awhile

Yeah, but he's not pro, which was my point. Pro in this age is top 8 at a LAN and he hasn't accomplished that, yet.

he won that big online tournament before Columbus 2012 and got LBR6 for his first LAN event ever. (not bad considering the mass open format with pros and ams)

he had a god squad (exemplify, robtheturtle, stress) in halo 4 but things just didn't work out

Stress couldn't go to the event due to his ride bailing on him, then Exemplify decided not to go because he did not want to go with another fourth. This caused me to cancel my plane ticket. All one day before AGL Atlanta #FeelsBadMan

Cool to see dT's roster is official now. I think they could attract even bigger orgs down the line if they keep going how they are right now.

Or not because T2 is/can be a dick when he isn't winning. 

Legit or Mackeo would be better options.

But maybe after losing to Overdrive, Chig wanted to join them :kappa: Seriously though, Chig not competing would be a shame but I hope he is happy with whatever he does.

MACKEO IS ALWAYS THE BEST OPTION!!!

• Upvote (+1) 2

This TL/EG series is great. Series starting to even up now after EG got off to a quick start. EG 5-4 TL.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seems as if everyone's sleeping on Elevate. They were the only top team in this last qualifier that had to play another top team/WFX for top 16. No excuses, they lost, but it has to be tough watching some of these other teams have a cakewalk through the bracket.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Seems as if everyone's sleeping on Elevate. They were the only top team in this last qualifier that had to play another top team/WFX for top 16. No excuses, they lost, but it has to be tough watching some of these other teams have a cakewalk through the bracket.

who is on that roster? 

Realistically, anyone who hasn't gotten at least some points in the first two cups is a long shot to qualify at this point. They'd need to make up ground on so many teams. I strongly, strongly doubt we'll see Str8 Rippin in any form.

The only chance they have is the Last Chance Qualifier.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Realistically, anyone who hasn't gotten at least some points in the first two cups is a long shot to qualify at this point. They'd need to make up ground on so many teams. I strongly, strongly doubt we'll see Str8 Rippin in any form.

The only chance they have is the Last Chance Qualifier.

Agree. I was thinking about this as well. A random team would have to place top 8 in OT3 to become relevant at this point. Which, with the teams/players with points already, it is going to be very unlikely.

I also was thinking about the Last Chance Qualifier. The top 15 teams can't compete in it. It's a single tourney to get into the Regional. I feel like some Pro's in "another FPS" should form a team and compete in it. Minimal time commitment, making regionals guarantees money (right?), and a spot to compete for 2 million? I mean, I can think of a few CoD players that pop in here from time to time that could form a team and probably take it.

Maybe if I wish real hard... :)

• Upvote (+1) 6

CWL = ESPN

HCS = ESPN the Ocho

Its being delayed because of PSN issues. 

I think CWL needs to be LAN (as proved by today) before you can call it the big leagues/espn/comparable to lol