CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I didn't know COD had their own championship series. What's it like compared to HCS, and why is it being delayed?

CWL = ESPN

HCS = ESPN the Ocho

Its being delayed because of PSN issues. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

First, Allegiance played incredible and it's so cool to see the grind paid off. I felt they had more in game knowledge than any other team to date with jumps and ways to move around the map. Their teamwork was insane to watch through the spectator mode. All four players were making clutch plays and definitely deserved the win. Leftovers were fantastic to watch too. Really cool seeing "new faces" (very well known players some forum kids won't consider pro's even if they won LAN tournaments) come in and dominate the scene. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

CWL = ESPN

HCS = ESPN the Ocho

Its being delayed because of PSN issues. 

In prize money, or amount of teams, or production value or what? I think I'll take a look.

And lol, PSN.

Something that has really bothered me in the past 10 pages is the argument of Winterfox and Optic getting "screwed" out of the top 16. Look at those teams currently in the top 16. Almost every team is well known (if you look past the "top pro teams") and has put in the time to be where they're at. To say either one of the two teams is being screwed is simply false and and bad argument. How has the GB grind been? It hasn't. Winterfox has been putting in the work as of late, I won't discredit them, Optic I have lost hope for and don't see making the Regional tournament. But to say they have been "screwed" is borderline absurd. If you want to place in the money you need to be able to beat every single team thrown your way. These veteran players know what it takes to win, and unless they put in the time, work, and effort, they won't finish where they desire.

I don't want to take shots at anyone, I just think it's completely unfair to the 9-16 teams to say both teams are being screwed when they clearly haven't done what it takes to be in one of those spots.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So did LGTM drop Prototype for trying to shade them? Couldn't really tell what Posey's post was all about.

So did LGTM drop Prototype for trying to shade them? Couldn't really tell what Posey's post was all about.

Nah we didn't drop him. It was just posey joking around about how Prototype didn't want to run with us at first. 

Anybody have a good Octagon/practice map I can download. Also, if anyone would want to mess around practicing in one later tonight let me know. I'm a diamond player btw. Thanks!

Something that has really bothered me in the past 10 pages is the argument of Winterfox and Optic getting "screwed" out of the top 16. Look at those teams currently in the top 16. Almost every team is well known (if you look past the "top pro teams") and has put in the time to be where they're at. To say either one of the two teams is being screwed is simply false and and bad argument. How has the GB grind been? It hasn't. Winterfox has been putting in the work as of late, I won't discredit them, Optic I have lost hope for and don't see making the Regional tournament. But to say they have been "screwed" is borderline absurd. If you want to place in the money you need to be able to beat every single team thrown your way. These veteran players know what it takes to win, and unless they put in the time, work, and effort, they won't finish where they desire.

I don't want to take shots at anyone, I just think it's completely unfair to the 9-16 teams to say both teams are being screwed when they clearly haven't done what it takes to be in one of those spots.

I dont really care about the seeds because i know everything will work itself out and be sorted eventually.

But 4th most scrims played (not counting 2nd accounts) and 10th on the ladder arent the BEST numbers, but it doesnt seem like slacking.

We lost to the team that won and the 3/4 place team.

Do I think we should be at 17th seed? No.

But tbh we are complete dog shit at the moment and make alot of trash mistakes and deserved to lose to the CLG and Allegiance. Luckily we have a lot of time to practice and learn, as frustrating as losing is, it is the best way to learn.

BTW im just a sub anyways so my words mean nothing, also who did EG pick up in place of Lethul?  :lxthul:

TLDR: No excuses, we suck ass as of right now

• Upvote (+1) 9

First, Allegiance played incredible and it's so cool to see the grind paid off. I felt they had more in game knowledge than any other team to date with jumps and ways to move around the map. Their teamwork was insane to watch through the spectator mode. All four players were making clutch plays and definitely deserved the win. Leftovers were fantastic to watch too. Really cool seeing "new faces" (very well known players some forum kids won't consider pro's even if they won LAN tournaments) come in and dominate the scene.

They might not be new faces, but placing semi-pro a bunch of times doesn't make you pro. If people like Commonly and the LGTM roster (sans Prototype) have a couple top 8 LAN placings, people will acknowledge it.

• Downvote (-1) 1

he won that big online tournament before Columbus 2012 and got LBR6 for his first LAN event ever. (not bad considering the mass open format with pros and ams)

he had a god squad (exemplify, robtheturtle, stress) in halo 4 but things just didn't work out

Team Liquid about to scrim Aries/bubudubu/JesseThrizzle/Huke. Should be a good series, Aries' squad looked good when they met in Arena yesterday.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anybody have a good Octagon/practice map I can download. Also, if anyone would want to mess around practicing in one later tonight let me know. I'm a diamond player btw. Thanks!

I have a decent one we can play on if you want. I'll be on playing for a little tonight. GT: Yewish aD

Despite what his announcement made it sound like, we've been working extremely hard for the past 2 weeks tanking dozens of losses and doing Theater analysis to make his play style mesh with us. But it wasn't a match despite how far we went with that.

Considering how I haven't been making content at all to focus on it (and also not streaming) no one knows what the dynamic was like, but I can tell you that as the captain making the main calls for the team, I respect and value teammates as more than just equals and will give people a real solid shot and not just make roster changes off one bad run. There's far more to it than what people see. There's also a lot that people haven't seen.

Anyways, the last thing to think about OverDrive right now is "RIP". Despite what the Qualifier #1 might lead people to think, it just wasn't working at all. The Qualifier #2 placing had little to do with the decision and was just an added factor confirming a doubt we've had all along.

I'm looking forward to see who you guys pick up. There are a lot of Halo veterans out there who are in need of a team that would bring a whole new dimension to your squad in terms of experience (T2, Fearitself). Or you can go for the pure talent route and find someone else who is lesser known but really skilled.

I know it's unlikely but Contra doesn't seem to have a solid team right now. I think you guys would be insanely improved with a player like him. But I think him and Predevonator are an unbreakable duo.

You guys have some serious leverage right now in terms of points so I think you'll be able to attract some top players to your squad.

Legit has been playing, wonder if he's looking for a squad.

As for Overdrive, I'd say pick up T2 if you can. He's a veteran and a smart player.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have a decent one we can play on if you want. I'll be on playing for a little tonight. GT: Yewish aD

Ok I'll be on in an hour or so and add you. Thanks