CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If 343 is going to keep Breakout they should at least do the game type like Attrition is in Shadowrun. They made it practically impossible to have a legit tie

Whoever grabbed flag last wins round in the event of a tie

More lives up wins

Score if you can to win

I forgot the rest but you get the point. These ties are stupid and ridiculous when you see VicX and Commonly in a 2v2 against EG. When snipe down flanked VicX, commonly straight up ran to bottom mid resulting in a tie. Lethul should have been in a better position and I'm not making fun of Commonlys play (it was the smart one) but there shouldn't be ties like this in high level.

Also, whoever had flag can see enemy locations (this may be a bit OP for Halo though) which made it not be a stalemate since someone had a very strong positioning advantage. Whoever had flag though was also seen for everyone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Breakout got an unreal amount of defending before Halo 5/HWC as the gametype for the casual/spectator experience to help drive viewers.

Anyone still want to defend that point?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Unlegit said on stream last night that chig is still on Liquid, he's on the Bench.

Yes, because he is still under contract. A Liquid player also said on stream last night that Chig would not have been prevented from playing in the qualifier with a different team if he wanted to.

Looks like Bravo got named to the 30 under 30 for Games for Forbes. Congrats to him.

my uncle who works at forbes added bravo to the candidate list after I showed him this video. I told him about how rough it's been for halo fans lately and he said was really impressed by bravo's professionalism and ability to be an effective community manager throughout the whole mcc ordeal. I'm not saying i deserve all of the credit but i think i definitely influenced their decision 

All joking aside that's really awesome. Congrats @@Bravo!

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

He'll get 2nd. Mark my words.

:tweet:

They do realize that ESPN doesn't run leagues, right?  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 3

"MLG has relationships with Valve for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Microsoft for Halo, Hi-Rez for Smite, Psyonix for Rocket League, and Nintendo for Super Smash Bros. for Wii. There also won't be changes, at least not immediately, in the relationships that exist between individual internal game franchises and their respective competitive scenes."

Well that's good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly wouldn't be surprised. Naded is the best player to pick up if your goal is to get 2nd place. He's gotten 2nd in H2, H3, Reach, H4, and H2A. In all seriousness though, I cannot wait for HWC. So many good teams. Hope Allegiance keeps grinding.

• Upvote (+1) 3

https://twitter.com/Benson_EU/status/684145620840529920

Welp, Bensons gone. It's pretty obvious.

This is a fucking monopoly at this point in favor of Activision. Buying everyone and everything. 

The current HCS team are just not suitable enough to keep up with CWL right now. 

It's on a whole other level, ESPN/LoL status. The big leagues. 

I'm frustrated not enough is/was done to keep the HCS up to par with the rest of the industrys big eSports pushes. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Where the hell do you go to see the total points and standings of teams? I want to see my total points so I can cry :salt:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Where the hell do you go to see the total points and standings of teams? I want to see my total points so I can cry :salt:

MLG still hasn't updated the Pro Points on their site.

http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/xboxone/halo-5-guardians/pro-points?page=1

A bit latter tonight I'm going to upload my manually generated points sheet as well to onedrive since they can't be bothered to update their points so my automatic sheet works. Will post when it is updated later.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So what would have happened if Team 1 won the EU qualifier yesterday?

Team 1 would have taken the cash prize and supremacy would have taken the regional spot.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Team 1 would have taken the cash prize and supremacy would have taken the regional spot.

I wonder if this is how the NA last chance qualifier will be set up.

Either that or the teams that qualify for regionals don't get to compete?

I wonder if this is how the NA last chance qualifier will be set up.

Either that or the teams that qualify for regionals don't get to compete?

I honestly dont know 100% so not gunna guess, i just know how we deal with it if it happens for the ESL Qualifiers.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised. Naded is the best player to pick up if your goal is to get 2nd place. He's gotten 2nd in H2, H3, Reach, H4, and H2A. In all seriousness though, I cannot wait for HWC. So many good teams. Hope Allegiance keeps grinding.

I still have major doubts about Allegiance getting top 8 in a double elimination tournament. I certainly dont see them winning.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I feel like 2016 is going to be a great year for Competitive Halo.

Hopefully.

• Upvote (+1) 1

whistling.gif

I assume this is related to the Playstation Network issues?

I assume this is related to the Playstation Network issues?

Absolutely.