CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Am I the only one that hates the seeing player outlines?

No. 

It'd be better used sparingly for like a standoff/stalemate situation. But you'd probably want someone like Walshy in the broadcast booth to breakdown what is going on in that situation.

Am I the only one that hates the seeing player outlines?

Really hate it as well. Takes away a lot of the tension and surprise. Sometimes certainly interesting, but makes the spectating boring if it's always on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I actually like the outlines, I find it interesting to see how situations might play out before hand, and seeing if they actually play out that way. I don't think it takes anything away because the game is going to play out the same way regardless. The outlines just make it easier to follow all of the movement and action on the map.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Breakout is really fun to watch (gameplay quarrels aside), regardless of w/ or w/o outlines

Agreed, really enjoy it when its a 1 v 1, and both players dont have the incentive to move, so just wait it out for a tie.

I love outlines. Especially when you see a player walk past someone. Can't stand watching games with it turned off.

I love outlines. Especially when you see a player walk past someone. Can't stand watching games with it turned off.

Agreed, outlines also make it easier from a broadcasting standpoint to help the viewer see more action. If there isn't an enemy nearby, you can just spectate the next person

I might have missed a few teams, but it seems CLG and nV have a free pass to the semi-finals where they'll meet each other. The upper half of the bracket must be stacked.

I might have missed a few teams, but it seems CLG and nV have a free pass to the semi-finals where they'll meet each other. The upper half of the bracket must be stacked.

they are the number 7 and 2 seed so will meet in the QF.

Am I the only one that hates seeing player outlines?

I love outlines. Not sure why you wouldnt. It helps understand where everyone is and you can keep track of whats happening easily.

I think they need to be left on for Slayer and Breakout. I could entertain a debate for it to be turned off in fast respawn games

it was like 6-2 or 7-2 Liquid

That is surprising considering Liquid hadn't played together for what felt like weeks. Hoping the stats from that scrim get posted.

I'm gonna be stickying a thread on r/Halo for the NA Qualifiers, when does it start? Is there a bracket somewhere/will there be a bracket posted? Which channel is it going to be streamed on?

• Upvote (+1) 6

Outlines make it more difficult to appreciate the broadcasted player's movement and decision making by tainting your own view of the game with the knowledge of where each player is.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So Arena Breakout was added to Team Arena but it isn't being used in HCS?

Yup. Teams have still been scrimming with regular breakout settings.

Yup. Teams have still been scrimming with regular breakout settings.

What about Overgrowth? Is that in Team Arena and if so, are teams scrimming it?

343 is great with consistency

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm gonna be stickying a thread on r/Halo for the NA Qualifiers, when does it start? Is there a bracket somewhere/will there be a bracket posted? Which channel is it going to be streamed on?

The bracket play has already started (2pm EST start time). The live stream starts at 5pm EST.

Live Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/Halo

Bracket: http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/xboxone/halo-5-guardians/tournament/halo-world-championship-na-ot2/bracket

• Upvote (+1) 1