CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Just got to watch the games. Sick stuff @@Vetoed. Definitely had some game changing plays. Congrats to EG, that slayer comeback was ridiculous.

As a whole, the whole qualifier was way better than i expected it to be. There was some really intense matches, and the upset were really nice to see. Competitive Halo has never had enough upsets like that. Hopefully that becomes more of a regular thing. Its so good for the scene. The twitch Halo chat was pretty hype, and not a terrible viewer count for Halo either. There definitely needs to be some work with the gametypes though. HWC is suffering from too many gametypes right now. Which is funny coming from H2A and its not having enough gametypes. 

I'm still a F/A too, I'd rather not make my own thread, so i'm just posting it in here. If anyone wants to run games, i'm free just about anytime. Twitters the best way to contact me. I'm capable of making Halo my "full time job" and can literally play all day, 7 days a week. So i'm looking for a serious team of grinders.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just got to watch the games. Sick stuff @@Vetoed. Definitely had some game changing plays. Congrats to EG, that slayer comeback was ridiculous.

As a whole, the whole qualifier was way better than i expected it to be. There was some really intense matches, and the upset were really nice to see. Competitive Halo has never had enough upsets like that. Hopefully that becomes more of a regular thing. Its so good for the scene. The twitch Halo chat was pretty hype, and not a terrible viewer count for Halo either. There definitely needs to be some work with the gametypes though. HWC is suffering from too many gametypes right now. Which is funny coming from H2A and its not having enough gametypes. 

I'm still a F/A too, I'd rather not make my own thread, so i'm just posting it in here. If anyone wants to run games, i'm free just about anytime. Twitters the best way to contact me. I'm capable of making Halo my "full time job" and can literally play all day, 7 days a week. So i'm looking for a serious team of grinders.

Yeah I really didn't think that many people would be interested in a qualifier tourney. 10k Is pretty hype

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyway someone can compose a list of the current top 16 teams based on today's rosters? That's a tall order, but I figured if anyone can do it, it's the beyond community :D

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wish eg and clg were not on the same side of the bracket. A b05 in the finals would have been very entertaining. They are the two best teams right now.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The MLG accounts aren't exactly the "username" of the players.

Just for clarification:

"DOAbruhbruh" from Lets Get This Money = Posey xR

"Revalent" from OverDrive = Marbelize 

"sppuuunnnn" from Noble = Contra

All the other MLG account usernames seem to be correct in terms of gamertags attached to them

Off Topic: Does anyone know who has the signature with the gif of Victory looking disgusted while watching RC vs. Noble Black? I need to save that gif.

:bman:

• Upvote (+1) 2

So with the current seedings, the next qualifier will have CLG play allegience in the round of 16 and then EG in the quarter finals yet again. Ladder points are probably not going to change much seeing how little a lot of these pro teams play them.

Fell asleep and missed the grand finals.

Proud of EG man, this team is just so damn good. What an incredibe tourney.

Not perfect, but a solid first qualifier. I'll have a nice write up on some hopeful improvements later.

The scene is looking real good right now guys, just need 343 to fix some shit.

Did we hit 10k viewers during the grand finals? We got up to 8800 before I went to bed I think.

Ok well, for whatever reason I can't get the BBCode for tables to work. This is why I asked @@CyReN about it earlier.

Anyway I'll post an image of the top 16 teams. Please note that team names are just what I'm going off of from the tourney and I can't say for sure if they are accurate for all teams. Some of these guys just change their team names randomly, so I don't know what to refer to them as.

top16.png

I've actually got a whole table of players (~1400) and teams (~65) that are associated to one another. I then have a table of players, their Pro Points (pulled directly from the MLG site), and the team they are associated with. The table above is a summary report (pivot table) of that data.

So I can also show the breakdown of players/points for each team. Here is the top 8 like that;

top8_expanded.png

This is mostly automated except for the association of players to teams. The reason this is a problem can be seen above. The MLG accounts aren't exactly the "username" of the players. So it is very difficult to just form that relationship. I need to get the data from MLG since that is where the points are. So I had to associate them manually. Which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and I've got ~250+ of the top Players with points associated. If they change teams, it is a simple update. If the team name changes, it is a simple update.

Beat me to it. Good Work though 

tNMR0Du.png

• Upvote (+1) 3

So with the current seedings, the next qualifier will have CLG play allegience in the round of 16 and then EG in the quarter finals yet again. Ladder points are probably not going to change much seeing how little a lot of these pro teams play them.

I assume they will still have to play and make it through the bracket, assuming we see similar team turnout. I would say that the seeding for next tournament will be relatively similar to what is listed. I don't think the difference in points from ladders will be that great. Before the tourney Noble's members ~345 points, Allegiance members ~245, Liquid members ~235, EnvyUs members ~215 of ladder points for each member. I don't see anyone piling up a substantial difference compared to others that it would effect seeding.

Also, just to also note since they aren't in the top 16 right now;

#19 Believe the Hype with 2,805 points

#25 The Agency with 2,425 points

#30 Winterfox with 2,225 points

Beat me to it. Good Work though

What is #10 (TBD)? I don't have anyone with that point count on mine.

The nice thing about how I set it up is that next tourney I should be able to just run it and get new ranks. No tallying.

Excel power query and pivot tables/charts. Pull data directly from HERE.

I'm also tracking average placements in each tourney for the current roster.

EG played great. And this was all without Towey. And there isn't ant sneaky tech that they won't know since they all play a lot.

Watching the games was such a roller coaster. First you see someone win a filthy 1v1 pistol duel with reversal and perfect medals and after that someone crouchcamps with an AR followed by numerous melee/AR trades. And some of the maps like Empire make it even worse.

So much potential is lost because of radar and strong automatics. It would nice to experiment with no radar and see how does that change the amount of automatic weapon kills, so we would see if that's enough. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Fell asleep and missed the grand finals.

Proud of EG man, this team is just so damn good. What an incredibe tourney.

Not perfect, but a solid first qualifier. I'll have a nice write up on some hopeful improvements later.

The scene is looking real good right now guys, just need 343 to fix some shit.

Did we hit 10k viewers during the grand finals? We got up to 8800 before I went to bed I think.

I think the EG boys were streaming the final on their own channels so I think he is counting their viewers as well

Edit: Realized you didn't quote anyone. I think the guy that mentioned 10k was counting the EG streams as well :)

The first 2 maps in the grand finals were very close and could have gone either way... I honestly don't think nV are that far behind EG/CLG and once they have practiced as much they'll definitely be contending for no.1 (if they already aren't).

New radar meta boys 

16a18e4b87.png

Look, we get it. Reddit is dumb, we realised this after the first 2 posts. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Seeing CLG and EG in the same side of the bracket is so sad.... I hope it doesn't happen again.

• Upvote (+1) 1