CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's not gonna happen man, already tried to have this convo with them a couple of times.

Did they tell you why they weren't considering it?

Did they tell you why they weren't considering it?

Just that settings are kind of set in stone til Worlds. I'll keep pushing the best I can, but if I can't get more pro backing it's not gonna amount to much.

I've also been playing Ark with a couple of the guys on the Pro team a lot and been expressing my opinions on that and they said they'd relay it. So fingers crossed I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Maybe when they realize that even this 2+ mil tourney won't generate near the views they desire they'll take radar out. It's fucking stupid how much it dampers competitive play from both a playing and spectating point. I want halo to be big again, but I don't believe for one second that radar is going to hurt the views and it's going to take a while for it to be big again. And it's really a longshot for it to be big again at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll look into if it's possible.

OK, the editor will show a table but turns in into a bunch of tabs and stuff. I know I've used other forum editors that have had it.

To your post about the points for current teams, a few questions for others to make sure I got this right.

1. Points are per player and they carry with you regardless of what team you played on to earn them?
  2. Points from GB Ladder matches + Qualifiers = your total points?

The biggest problem with points is that since they are player based I believe, team points can change with roster changes. The only sensible way to track it is keeping all the players individual points tracked and adding them to form the "current roster" points. Because team changes will happen and also the team names on GB and qualifiers aren't even always the same or even required to be the same it seems.

I've also been playing Ark with a couple of the guys on the Pro team

What is with this Ark game! I see so many of you guys talking and playing it. Is it good?

What is with this Ark game! I see so many of you guys talking and playing it. Is it good?

It's awesome if you like Survival games. Let's not get off topic though :D

Anybody else notice we always get stuck on the side of the bracket that gets delayed 2+ hours? 

Just that settings are kind of set in stone til Worlds. I'll keep pushing the best I can, but if I can't get more pro backing it's not gonna amount to much.

I understand why they would be opposed to removing autos, but are they really that adamant about keeping radar? 

Anybody else notice we always get stuck on the side of the bracket that gets delayed 2+ hours? 

Haluminati confirmed.

congrats on outplacing your old team, didnt think it would happen.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

My post about the PROx scores was just a joke. I like seeing stuff like that, but maybe needs a larger sample size/better things to go off of to become effective. @@pROxiMa

• Upvote (+1) 1

eh, also had weaker competition. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

My post about the PROx scores was just a joke. I like seeing stuff like that, but maybe needs a larger sample size/better things to go off of to become effective. @@pROxiMa

Likely Overdrive, just like a lot of teams, weren't on ANYONE'S radar(huehue). Hopefully these teams keep grinding and stay together so PROx and our other Statisticians can keep an eye on them. 

Yeah, unfortunately I don't think we will be getting any changes until after world champs.

Off Topic: Does anyone know who has the signature with the gif of Victory looking disgusted while watching RC vs. Noble Black? I need to save that gif.

• Upvote (+1) 1

After playing against pros with @@Vetoed (and beating them), it's perfectly possible for them to win the next Regionals. Just gotta put in practise and work on the mental block that you're playing against the best of the best.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1