CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Told the wife to bring home Mountain Dew and Doritos as its going to be a late night.

All I got was a can of Diet Coke and PS4 magazine, Jesus christ

Sorry about the divorce Simms.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I would love to see Reality Check win HWC. I hope mods would still refuse giving them the pro status.

sure-if-serious-i-am-not.jpg

Told the wife to bring home Mountain Dew and Doritos as its going to be a late night.

This is a made up story.

I would love to see Reality Check win HWC. I hope mods would still refuse giving them the pro status.

We give everyone who deserves it Pro Status.

Quick refresher on how it's obtained:

Qualification #1:

The Top 8 Teams that make it to the HCS Finals are considered Pro Players and will have the Pro Player Title on the forums.  We discussed keeping track of players on an "event by event" Top 8 basis, but since placing's tend to fluctuate toward the 5-8th levels we decided that it was best to give the title to the teams/players that qualified for the finals.

If you made it to the HCS Finals in Season 1, you will have the Pro Player Title until the Season 2 Finals.  If a player does not make it to the Season 2 Finals they would then lose the title, and it could only be reclaimed if they made it to the Season 3 finals.

Qualification #2:

Any player(s) who won an MLG Event or Placed Top 8 on a consistent basis will be grandfathered in and receive the title. We will take this on a case by case basis. We feel like we should respect our history and give Halo legends the Pro Player title, unless they specifically request the VIP title then that is fine as well.

I find it hilarious that there were teams that made finals who didn't place top 8 yet the Sudds placed top 8 three separate times LOL. It's almost like the rule was written for them!   :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

I find it hilarious that there were teams that made finals who didn't place top 8 yet the Sudds placed top 8 three separate times LOL. It's almost like the rule was written for them!   :kappa:

They did message multiple staff members beforehand about being green, so we came up with those 2 fair conditions to obtain Pro Status / make it clear to everyone here.

We would love to give every player that ever competed green, but we feel the status should be something that is worked for and respected by the community. I hope most of you agree with the 2 qualifications for it.

------------------

With that, can't wait to watch players like Stellur, Unlegit, etc compete today in the cup. Should be a lot of great matches all around.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry about the divorce Simms.

LOL no.

ZdsYS21.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

So say if Soviet joined these forums, would he be given pro status? I think he was only pro for 1 season in halo 3 but he did consistently place top 8 that year, or does it have to be across multiple titles?

(I can't think of any other one season wonders)

So say if Soviet joined these forums, would he be given pro status? I think he was only pro for 1 season in halo 3 but he did consistently place top 8 that year, or does it have to be across multiple titles?

As it's stated, it is a case by case issue with that rule and the staff would discuss it.

For those who missed it, all scores and stats from last night are below.

Gonna try to update all scrims/ladder matches scores and stats tonight right here:

EG 2 - 1 Noble (ladder)

Game 1 - Team Slayer Empire, EG Wins 50-41
Game 2 - Breakout Trench, Noble Wins 5-4
Game 3 - Team Slayer Eden, EG Wins 50-48

EG 12 - 0 Noble (scrim)

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Fathom, EG Wins 3-1
Game 2 - Strongholds Plaza, EG Wins 100-0
Game 3 - Team Slayer The Rig, EG Wins 50-33
Game 4 - Breakout Trident, EG Wins 5-1

Game 5 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, EG Wins 3-1

Game 6 - Team Slayer Regret, EG Wins 50-25

Game 7 - Capture the Flag Empire, EG Wins 3-1

Game 8 - Team Slayer Truth, EG Wins 50-43

Game 9 - Strongholds The Rig, EG Wins 100-28

Game 10 - Breakout Gambol, EG Wins 5-1

Game 11 - Capture the Flag Truth, EG Wins 3-1

Game 12 - Team Slayer Plaza, EG Wins 50-47

CLG 14 - 1 The Agency

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Truth, CLG Wins 3-0
Game 2 - Team Slayer Empire, CLG Wins 50-27
Game 3 - Strongholds Eden, CLG Wins 100-30
Game 4 - Breakout Trident, CLG Wins 5-4
Game 5 - Capture the Flag Empire, CLG Wins 3-0
Game 6 - Team Slayer Coliseum, CLG Wins 50-44
Game 7 - Capture the Flag Fathom, CLG Wins 3-0
Game 8 - Team Slayer Regret, CLG Wins 50-35
Game 9 - Strongholds Plaza, CLG Wins 100-27
Game 10 - Breakout Altitude, CLG Wins 5-4
Game 11 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, CLG Wins 3-1
Game 12 - Team Slayer Plaza, CLG Wins 50-32
Game 13 - Strongholds Empire, CLG Wins 100-21
Game 14 - Breakout Gambol, Agency Wins 5-0
Game 15 - Strongholds Coliseum, CLG Wins 100-27

Liquid 12 - 6 BTH

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Fathom, Liquid Wins 3-1
Game 2 - Strongholds Plaza, Liquid Wins 100-84
Game 3 - Team Slayer Coliseum, BTH Wins 50-31
Game 4 - Breakout Trident, Liquid Wins 5-4
Game 5 - Strongholds The Rig, BTH Wins 100-80
Game 6 - Capture the Flag Truth, Liquid Wins 3-0
Game 7 - Team Slayer Regret, Liquid Wins 50-43
Game 8 - Strongholds Eden, Liquid Wins 100-58
Game 9 - Capture the Flag Empire, BTH Wins 3-1

Game 10 - Team Slayer Truth, Liquid Wins 50-22

Game 11 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, Liquid Wins 3-0

Game 12 - Breakout Altitude, Liquid Wins 5-3

Game 13 - Strongholds Empire, Liquid Wins 100-47

Game 14 - Team Slayer Plaza, BTH Wins 50-36

Game 15 - Team Slayer Eden, Liquid Wins 50-43

Game 16 - Breakout Trench, BTH Wins 5-1

Game 17 - Team Slayer The Rig, Liquid Wins 50-31

Game 18 - Team Slayer Empire, BTH Wins 50-48

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm watching the rebroadcast of the Liquid - BtH series and wow Unlegit has really impressive communication. For being the newest pro on the team, he really comes across as the leader on the team and directs traffic in game. I haven't seen his POV so I don't know about his shot (and still think Ace might be the best on the team), but Unlegit seems like the X factor. When he's communicating well, Liquid seems to mesh well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He's not a one season wonder. He was a consistent top 8, 12 and 16 finisher in H2 4v4 as welll as the 2007 National Champion in FFA/1v1 over Cloudy Cloud, Legit, Naded, ToxinsNeighbor, IGotUrPistola, Censored [Fake Tatas] and Hysteria

He definitely deserves that green.  :UncleDrew:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Right -- just from what I had gleaned from the discussion without reading too closely, I thought you would be able to predict, e.g., that CLG would beat WFX but lose to TL, while TL would lose to WFX. Since you're not making predictions like that, I think comparing your predictions to ELO-based predictions will help demonstrate the value (or, if it so happens, lack thereof) of your model.

Sorry. I must have misunderstood. What you described is EXACTLY what it is supposed to be.

A predicter of who would win a series/tournament. Excited to see how the PROX scores play out today.

Very cool that you're developing a statistical model. I'd look at developing a confidence interval for your model's predictions next.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Sorry. I must have misunderstood. What you described is EXACTLY what it is supposed to be.

A predicter of who would win a series/tournament. Excited to see how the PROX scores play out today.

Well, no - because your model is transitive (like ELO). If you predict that CLG will beat Wfx and that Wfx will beat TL, then your model can't also predict that TL will beat CLG, since TL must have a lower prox score than Wfx and Wfx must have a lower prox score than CLG - so CLG must have a higher prox score than TL. The (wrong) impression I had of the model was that it was situational and not transitive, so that it would predict based on the statistics of one team that they may beat a certain team "better" than them while losing to lots of teams worse than the team they can beat.

Without seeing a bracket, i predict there to be some huge upsets and some lower tier teams placing pretty well.