CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Realistically I could see Formal going all in for Halo and when Cod Champs rolls around, joining a team(of his picking really since he's that good).

Also opens up a spot for Nadeshot to join back up on Optic Gaming..

Nadeshot will never play on Optic Gaming again.  Optic Nation maybe, but I'm willing to bet that he's done for good competitively.

Nadeshot will never play on Optic Gaming again.  Optic Nation maybe, but I'm willing to bet that he's done for good competitively.

He said on one of his recent videos that he doesnt want to commit that amount of time to gaming anymore.

Hes got tons of money and business ventures. He has bigger fish that he intends to fry. Guys like Formal are in it for the love of the grind. Theres lots of ambiguity in this part of the "inbetwixt" seasons, and i love every minute of it.

i'm sure dedicated servers will help a lot. If they work properly their shots should register, but might be delayed if their ping is super high.

Edit: I commented too soon. 

I can see it now 

Pro Team House Perks 

- Located near Halo 5 server

• Upvote (+1) 2

Holy shit, it's my birthday, and I just caught up on all the  :intel:

Best gift ever  :saucey:

Feel bad for Mikwen/Chig , as it seems there'll now be 2 god-squads they have to contend with. But I'm sure they'll find some good players... maybe a Goofy/Naded combo?

Rostermania is here boys!

• Upvote (+1) 1

This just in:

PAX Prime Invitational includes Top 8 teams from Season 2 finals, with Epsilon taking OpTics place :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 8

This just in:

PAX Prime Invitational includes Top 8 teams from Season 2 finals, with Epsilon taking OpTics place :kappa:

343 would replace EG with Noble before taking Optic out of anything HCS-related  :lxthul:

I'll be at PAX! First time going too. So excited to see Halo 5 and HCS there.

Best of luck to Chigwen. Surprised to see that team fall apart like this.

Team changes are just beginning. A lot of old faces will be coming back including some of the top ams from previous games. I think we will see guys like Bestman, Legit, Goofy, SK, Russo, Tizoxic, etc make a return. I doubt many teams will stay in tact.

Team changes are just beginning. A lot of old faces will be coming back including some of the top ams from previous games. I think we will see guys like Bestman, Legit, Goofy, SK, Russo, Tizoxic, etc make a return. I doubt many teams will stay in tact.

It depends, do players stay for the money? or stay for the game?

• Upvote (+1) 2

It depends, do players stay for the money? or stay for the game?

At this point it's about the money. I just hope the game is appealing to the pros so they don't get frustrated and quit or peace out after the world championships.

This Formal squad is gonna be a force in H5. Looking forward to the WB and Grand Finals between them and EG.

Russo didn't leave per se, he just fell off.

A lot of wild team rosters being formed off a previous Halo with no sprint and 3 maps, but that's what happens when most of the bridges have been burned. Heinz rarely makes bad team moves so I expect Ola and friends to do well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It seems a little premature for teams to be forming anew at this stage. Especially when there's still at least one pre-release invitational that will likely want to invite teams from Season 2.

it is a bit premature - and I expect most teams to hold off on team changes.

Formal is a big fish, you make the move for him when you have the opportunity.

• Upvote (+1) 2

People are saying it's a bit premature for team changes but I don't think so. We're going into a brand new game that plays nothing like the previous ones. Halo 5 won't play anything like 4 or 2:A. The players who are dominant in 2:A aren't necessarily going to be as good in 5. Seeing as Halo 5 is practically a completely different game from 2:A, I think it's fine that players make changes that they think will benefit them, even if the game is months away from release. 

Like Wickett said, Formal is a big fish. If you get the opportunity to have him as a teammate, you take it. No questions asked. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

People are saying it's a bit premature for team changes but I don't think so. We're going into a brand new game that plays nothing like the previous ones. Halo 5 won't play anything like 4 or 2:A. The players who are dominant in 2:A aren't necessarily going to be as good in 5. Seeing as Halo 5 is practically a completely different game from 2:A, I think it's fine that players make changes that they think will benefit them, even if the game is months away from release.

Like Wickett said, Formal is a big fish. If you get the opportunity to have him as a teammate, you take it. No questions asked.

I don't know about that. I would ask a few questions. For example, "How dedicated are you to Halo?" "If there is a scheduling conflict with CoD, who are you giving priority?"
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know about that. I would ask a few questions. For example, "How dedicated are you to Halo?" "If there is a scheduling conflict with CoD, who are you giving priority?"

I think we all know the answers to these questions though. Formal is where the money's at. That's it. He's made that clear since he started gaining traction in the competitive scene. So if there's more money in CoD, he's gonna focus there. If there's more money in Halo, he'll focus there. 

However, I don't think it's going to make much of a difference what his answer is. One, since MLG is now a part of both Halo and CoD, I doubt we'll see that many conflicting schedules. Two, Formal is (very likely) going to be under the same organization as he is in CoD, so I think he'll be given some leniency. And finally, this is a guy who won a CoD: Ghosts event, a Halo 2:A event, and a CoD: Advanced Warfare event in a 2 month span. I'm sure his teammates won't care what he does as long as he brings his A-Game, which we know Formal always does. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

#HCS Pax pretty much confirmed.

I bet it will be a fairly informal FFA tournament or something. 

• Upvote (+1) 1