CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Was that even at nationals.?

The Xbox freezing yes, MLG Nationals 2009. Was held in Orlando if I recall correctly

someone asked maniac what BtH stood for and he said

"it doesn't stand for commonly's team.  It doesn"t stand for spartan the dog."

Then as i was typing this assault said "thats ganna be on the forums".  

he just has to #believe in us :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

he just has to #believe in us :kappa:

Guess you could say he doesnt "Believe the hype" ah ah ah ah I'm terrible.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Cloud and company beat Triggers Down and Str8 Rippin in the Winners Bracket at Meadowlands 2009 with Sypher instead of Maniac. They didn't have the same success the rest of the year until nationals! They picked a really good time to be on fire. Cloudy cloud left and teamed with Elamite and the twins to be the first player to secure a threepeat in Halo 3.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I felt that tournament and the freeze really killed off the momentum Halo 3 had. Was such a shitstorm after that tourney and numbers started to drop for the next season.

Assortment of players Halo 5 Preseason Stats

Cloud:

OJAh0IK.png

Hysteria:

NJoIlzY.png

Str8 Sick:

SCP2V0l.png

Goofy:

43YxRE4.png

• Upvote (+1) 5

I felt that tournament and the freeze really killed off the momentum Halo 3 had. Was such a shitstorm after that tourney and numbers started to drop for the next season.

I think you're right. Dallas 2009 seemed to be the peak for Halo at MLG.

I don't think Maniac has any claim to the BtH name. Hysteria and Cloud were 2 of the 4 founding members in 07 (the other 2 aren't around) and Maniac didn't even join BtH until 2009.  

To me, whoever thought of the name should get to use it, not whoever had the most success with it. Once the original 4 members were gone the team should not have been called Believe The Hype anymore. MLG made them keep it for obvious branding reasons.

Caught the start of the scrim between Optic and the team that was running together ( Goofy, Str8, Nemassist, Munoz) does anyone know what became of it?

Instead of focusing on who gets the name, maybe Maniac should focus on the team he is currently on and put time into that. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I always think of Believe The Hype as that "wtf, they actually won Champs in 2009?" kinda team.

Please tell me I'm not alone.

It was definitely a shock lol

This really shouldn't be a big deal but since there's not much else to discuss right now, this is my opinion on the team name thing. A group of players is entitled to use a team name if:

1. They have two or more founding members (one of the original 4 using that team name)

2. They have two or more players that were on that team during one of its most successful time periods

3. They have a member that is literally synonymous with the team name (T2 to Str8 Rippin, Ogre 2 to Final Boss)

So if Fis and Victory X started using Final Boss (assuming Ogre 2 wasn't planning on using it) I wouldn't really mind since they were a huge part of Final Boss's H3 success.

Same is true if let's say Walshy & Strongside were forming a team, I feel like they're entitled to use the FB name if they wanted to.

So a lot of different combos of pros are entitled to a lot of different team names IMO.

Here's an unpopular opinion though. If Cloud & Elamite formed a team, I feel like they should be entitled to use Instinct if they wanted to assuming Roybox wasn't using it. They were a huge part of the H3 success so why not.

Idk I'm bored. That's my opinion on team names.

BtH didn't play tD though

I know they didn't, doesn't change the fact about what I said.

Caught the start of the scrim between Optic and the team that was running together ( Goofy, Str8, Nemassist, Munoz) does anyone know what became of it?

Optic lost all 8 games they played. 

Anyone not liking the overgrowth map? It has way too many corners, the map Is to crouching friendly.

Not had a chance to play it yet but it looks like a map that could work in a game like h1. In that case maybe radar and sprint are the problem ;)

Anyone not liking the overgrowth map? It has way too many corners, the map Is to crouching friendly.

Easily the worst arena map. They took the good components of plaza and removed them. Lots of hallways and camping.

Scores and stats from all of last night scrims/ladder matches below.

CLG played Allegiance in GB ladder and then started a scrim against them. Scores and stats below.

CLG 2 - 1 AE

Game 1 - Strongholds Coliseum, CLG Wins 100-97

Game 2 - Breakout Gambol, AE Wins 5-3

Game 3 - Capture the Flag Truth, CLG Wins 3-1

CLG 9 - 5 AE

Game 1 - Strongholds Empire, AE Wins 100-65

Game 2 - Team Slayer Eden, CLG Wins 50-32

Game 3 - Capture the Flag Fathom, AE Wins 3-1

Game 4 - Breakout Altitude, AE Wins 5-4

Game 5 - Strongholds The Rig, CLG Wins 100-98

Game 6 - Team Slayer Plaza, CLG Wins 50-36

Game 7 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, CLG Wins 3-0

Game 8 - Strongholds Eden, CLG Wins 100-95

Game 9 - Breakout Trident, CLG Wins 5-4

Game 10 - Capture the Flag Empmire, CLG Wins 3-0

Game 11 - Team Slayer Regret, AE Wins 50-36

Game 12 - Strongholds Plaza, CLG Wins 100-79

Game 13 - Team Slayer Truth, CLG Wins 50-37

Game 14 - Breakout Trench, AE Wins 5-3

Liquid played against OpTic last night. Scores and stats below.

Liquid 7 - 4 OpTic

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, OpTic wins 3-0

Game 2 - Team Slayer Eden, Liquid Wins 50-48

Game 3 - Strongholds Empire, Liquid Wins 100-70

Game 4 - Strongholds Plaza, Liquid Wins 100-39

Game 5 - Capture the Flag Fathom, OpTic Wins 3-1

Game 6 - Team Slayer Regret, Liquid Wins 50-38

Game 7 - Capture the Flag Truth, Liquid Wins 3-1

Game 8 - Strongholds The Rig, Liquid Wins 100-75

Game 9 - Team Slayer Coliseum, OpTic Wins 50-26

Game 10 - Team Slayer Plaza, Liquid Wins 50-39

Game 11 - Capture the Flag Empire, OpTic Wins 3-1

• Upvote (+1) 5

Easily the worst arena map. They took the good components of plaza and removed them. Lots of hallways and camping.

Plaza had good components?  Really all these maps would just play 1000x better with no radar, it just has to go.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I understand the point you're coming from, I understand why you feel that way. I still disagree with you becuse I felt like the original breakout wasn't well balanced. With Arena Breakout, it still isn't well balanced but it plays SO much better that original breakout. It encourages more push and players actually go for the flag instead of staying back and waiting for somebody to peep out. That's just my opinion though.

Too easy to run the flag with full shields and short distance from flag to base.  So many caps from people just flying to flag and scoring, not even going for kills, when you're pushing their side of the map looking for kills unable to get back in time. Not fun.