CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

He's a person who likes halo when he's better than most of the pros so when he practices, he wins. When he isn't winning, he's not enjoying halo. Since he's so far behind, he's going to give up once he realizes he's not having fun.

You're definitely not wrong. I remember back in H2A watching Str8 a lot and once EG asked them to scrim. Everyone was down but then T2 was like "nah, we wanna face other guys". Who the hell turns down EG for scrims? Sure, you'll lose but it's the best practice you could have gotten.

They NEVER practiced except for one scrim the night before leaving for an event, and it was against some team composed of lesser known players like Lifestyle, etc. Forget the exact team but not top 8 caliber. They proceeded to get destroyed and T2 then complained that his internet was sucking and got off. (To be fair, his internet was shit.)

That being said, there's a huge difference between current T2 and the T2 people like to remember (H2/H3 Str8 Rippin).

I remember my friend sent my this vid back in the day with the caption: "T2 can slay dragons with this strafe"

• Upvote (+1) 5

Seriously, the thing that separates players is amount of practice and understanding of the game.  It's not age.

If you are staying away from matchmaking or online tournaments because you are "too old" but you love the game.... you're just making excuses and are afraid of failure. I promise you can still improve and outperform even youngsters.

Seriously, the thing that separates players is amount of practice and understanding of the game. It's not age.

Wanna know why Ogre 2 is still the GOAT after all these years? It's becuse he understands the game. Audley nailed it with that statement.

#intel  :kappa:

GwtiYbh.png

As long as people keep expectations in check, it'll be great to have him back, but he WILL struggle for a while (as seen above). 

Just enjoy the nostalgia and watching him compete again. I don't expect much but I'm excited regardless to see str8 rippin back. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pro gaming has a very small shelf life. Are there any top players over 30? I can't think of any. 2gre is an exception which proves the rule, really. 

I wonder why that is? I mean for most sports the body just gives up mid 30's if you're lucky but does gaming really take any physical toll? hand-eye coordination declines with advancing age but not in your mid 20's or anything. Obviously real life and priorities get in the way, which is the biggest obstacle I guess. 

I think T2 could come back if he wanted to, I'm not sure why he would though - The scene is kind of dead and at that age it's probably better to keep a secure paycheck in a cool job (newegg) 

There are many top players in fighting games that are over 30, and I'd say fighting games require much better reflexes than Halo does.

EDIT: dang people already beat me to it, I should probably read all the pages next time :P

He's got 3 months to grind the game. Do you think that's enough time to catch up to top-tier players, or is he too far behind? 

I don't see why this wouldn't be possible.

Its just attitude and being willing to get shit on for him. Hes already got all the connections to be successful he just has to actually show up and put in work. Kinda like Optic or any number of older pros.

I don't see anything good about this t2 hype train besides a washed up ego machine that will place low at events and not practice. Nostalgia is a mf

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Damn, just gonna misquote ninja... He was watching ryanoob during the "WARRIORS" days and ninja said he didn't take it as seriously as that anymore. So you're right but I think that's just called maturity

Lol I was just having a go at him. Not serious. I like his play style and think he is a much better communicator now.

Ninja said a few things about it and I really remember him saying something close to "ryanoob hasn't taken it that seriously in years". Which I thought was a bit...off base.

I don't see why this wouldn't be possible.

I agree, but I only see it happening if T2 is willing to suck at the game before he gets better. I do think RyaNoob is right when he says that T2 will only play if he's doing well. if he's willing to put in the effort and wade through his initial shitty gameplay, he'll be a top contender for sure. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree, but I only see it happening if T2 is willing to suck at the game before he gets better. I do think RyaNoob is right when he says that T2 will only play if he's doing well. if he's willing to put in the effort and wade through his initial shitty gameplay, he'll be a top contender for sure. 

I've heard a couple pro's say they could be top H1 players in a matter of no time. I would really assume it's the same for Halo 5 and if it isn't, then I can't see why. Someone with his level of experience and knowledge of the game for all these years can surely learn the intricacies of H5 even with the new abilities within a few months.

Is this site in production yet? Looks clean

Nope not yet, im still tweeking things

I've heard a couple pro's say they could be top H1 players in a matter of no time. I would really assume it's the same for Halo 5 and if it isn't, then I can't see why. Someone with his level of experience and knowledge of the game for all these years can surely learn the intricacies of H5 even with the new abilities within a few months.

I definitely agree. I mean the game has only been out for a month and a half. He has twice that amount of time to get good at it. I don't doubt his ability and skill, just maybe his mental commitment to the grind. 

T2 coming back is really great news.

T2 will bring more fans back to the scene. Like him or not, he has a huge fan base and is one of the most recognizable Halo players ever.

I felt he retired way too early. He's not washed. Str8 Rippin started out well in H2A, coming in 2nd at the Invitational, but lack of practice and internal team drama led them to decline.

Plus Str8 Sick has already shown he's really strong in Halo 5 so far.

And lastly, the Halo scene getting more competition is the best thing that could possibly happen.

T2 will not bring back a bunch of fans. I agree that he has a huge fan base, but those fans never left. They are Halo fans. They've been here the whole time.

Str8 Rippin started out great because they had a very talented roster which disbanded after the event. They didn't pass top 6 after that. It wasn't due only to lack of practice. It was because the 2 best players left after the invitational.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome if T2 does in fact return. But let's not kid ourselves and pretend it's going to have any measurable impact in the scene. It'll be nice to have his persona back around and maybe he'll be able to attract a top org to Halo, but his relevance and draw are waning.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fun fact, TiberiusAudley was in a party/Skype call with Heinz during that game, and was using his mic the entire game.

fun fact, my apologies

• Upvote (+1) 1