CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So back to HWC discussion.... It seems like Arena breakout may have a pretty good chance of replacing OG breakout in the competitive settings. I have seen a lot of people suggest some type of side switching being implemented into Arena breakout. My suggestion would would be switching sides after 4 rounds. This would be easier to understand for the viewer IMO. If tied 4-4 then maybe switch every round/possibly two rounds until there is a winner. Thoughts?

I think it should be every 2 rounds instead of 4. :)
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Just played t2, str8 sick, gilky, and beaver in playlist

What's T2s tag?

I honestly think people are just overreacting to Roy's comment. We live in a society where people are easily offended.

I'm not trying to be mean or whatever but that's just my opinion

100% this. No one got offended so I don't see why people are bringing it up like it's a big deal.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What's T2s tag?

100% this. No one got offended so I don't see why people are bringing it up like it's a big deal.

Squared

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think it should be every 2 rounds instead of 4. :)

If tied 4-4 after 8 rounds would how would you want to handle OT/tiebreakers?

If tied 4-4 after 8 rounds would how would you want to handle OT/tiebreakers?

People might hate this but we could have the game randomly choose which side teams are on. It could really add lots of excitement if we get to that point in a tournament.

These last few pages are AIDS.

I don't give 2 shits about anyones stupid ass opinions on PC culture, homosexuality, the bad words people might use, how much more mature and mighty you think you are to pass judgement on others, or whatever else non-Halo crap is being posted. Wasting my damn time gong through that crap.

Here I thought I could come to a place and read posts on Halo news without that bullshit, but seems even a gaming forum isn't immune to this stupidity.

More important, anyone heard anything on legit team rumors?

Ya lets keep it Halo.  And i haven't heard anything about legit, but Tsquared is back

• Upvote (+1) 1

To say using the word "gay" in an insult means that Roy thinks homosexuals are lesser takes an enormous leap of faith that I don't think you could possibly substantiate.

That's what I mean when I say "out of context."

While I think enormous is a bit strong, I totally understand what you mean.

I don't give 2 shits about anyones stupid ass opinions on PC culture, homosexuality, the bad words people might use, how much more mature and mighty you think you are to pass judgement on others, or whatever else non-Halo crap is being posted. Wasting my damn time gong through that crap.

Here I thought I could come to a place and read posts on Halo news without that bullshit, but seems even a gaming forum isn't immune to this stupidity.

I don't think anyone was really passing judgement. We were basically taking a very cautionary tone. Like "Hey man, you probably shouldn't say stuff like that on stream" probably sums up what most people are saying. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Triggered

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So Optic Halo went to "Party" rather than grind Halo only to go out R1 of this MLG 1K event.

^ FIS said it best. Lolz 

What a Joke. 

#content tho

Nah but to be fair his Internet wasn't working, but who knows how fixable it was.

A bit OT here: overall, I continually feel more and more silly for using Maniac's content as an example for a post I did a couple weeks ago on how to make Halo content. I simply can't blame the man when a Halo competitive video would get much less traction, though. His fan base is not really Halo fans... and the Halo fans that are on YouTube are mostly interested in lore. Trying to monetize off of solely competitive Halo content is incredibly challenging, hence why pros quit so often (albeit prematurely in my opinion--also, apologies if everyone is sick as fuck of talking about Halo pros and content). 

Nah but really, my constructive criticism for Benson--and I haven't watched the VOD yet keep in mind--but it's that he screams at events to try and get people hyped and it just doesn't work. 

What gets someone hype, may turn someone else off. Personally, i think simms does similar things in terms of getting really excited about plays that are not that exciting and hyping people up. I dont like one more than the other but I think people praise simms because he posts on here, and has had time to get better in casting halo, where as benson hast been given a fair chance. If it turns out benson isnt working out after some time, that is fine with me. So long as he was given time to study, learn, improve. I just wish more people in here would embrace things with a more open mind rather than dismiss something because it is different or unpopular.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I went out last night :\

but.. you let  :lxthul: win again Doe. 

For real, you are on a top 4 team imo and already locked the top 8 for Feb. Optic right make not even make the top 8.

I went out last night :\

Disgraceful, APG should cut you. Kappa

You gotta fill Formals shoes, you want him to come give you some of the Optic #motivational speech like he gave the Optic Halo team?

• Upvote (+1) 1

All pro matches of Gamebattles 4v4 tourney scores and stats below.

Winterfox and Velocity are playing in the GB Tourney right now. Scores and stats below.

WFX 2 - 1 Velocity

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Fathom, Velocity Wins 3-2

Game 2 - Team Slayer Truth, WFX Wins 50-46

Game 3 - Strongholds Empire, WFX Wins 100-56

Noble and Allegiance are about to match in the Gamebattles tourney. Scores and stats below.

Noble 2 - 0 Allegiance

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Fathom, Noble Wins 3-2

Game 2 - Team Slayer Truth, Noble Wins 50-34

Winterfox advanced past Velocity 2-1 and is now playing againts CP in the semifinals (with Cloud as 4th). Scores and stats below.

WFX 2 - 0 Crowd Pleasers

Game 1 - Breakout Trench, WFX Wins 5-2

Game 2 - Team Slayer Eden, WFX Wins 50-37

Noble advances to the Semifinals beating Allegiance 2-0. Noble will be facing EG. Scores and stats below.

Noble 0 - 2 EG

Game 1 - Breakout Trench, EG Wins 5-2

Game 2 - Team Slayer Eden, EG Wins 50-48

EG and Winterfox played in the finals of the GB tournament. Scores and stats below.

EG 3 - 0 WFX

Game 1 - Strongholds Eden, EG Wins 100-63

Game 2 - Team Slayer Plaza, EG Wins 50-37

Game 3 - Breakout Gambol, EG Wins 5-1

• Upvote (+1) 1

CLG is scrimming The Agency (Spartan, Munoz, FiS, and Victory X). Current score is 6 - 3 in favor of CLG.

EG is also scrimming CP with Prototype. Current score is 2 - 1 in favor of EG.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can someone break down the business side of orgs joining Halo 5?

Do the orgs get money if their team wins, or is it just advertisement? How do the orgs make money? Why join an org in the first place?

Talking with Burton and they are still a to3, they got a new 4th and a new org which they will be able to announce soon. So don't count out ex-VeXx. 

#content tho

Nah but to be fair his Internet wasn't working, but who knows how fixable it was.

A bit OT here: overall, I continually feel more and more silly for using Maniac's content as an example for a post I did a couple weeks ago on how to make Halo content. I simply can't blame the man when a Halo competitive video would get much less traction, though. His fan base is not really Halo fans... and the Halo fans that are on YouTube are mostly interested in lore. Trying to monetize off of solely competitive Halo content is incredibly challenging, hence why pros quit so often (albeit prematurely in my opinion--also, apologies if everyone is sick as fuck of talking about Halo pros and content). 

His halo videos get about as many views as his other stuff. Unless he's using some baiting picture/words/names.