CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I love how this forum gives guys who haven't casted halo zero chance before dismissing them and mlg completely. "caring for the competitive community" doesn't equate to writing something off at first glance(pistol/radar/breakout/mlg castors/single elimination etc) or posting comments/gif reactions making fun of what a guy wears or his inexperience in casting halo. Some of you guys on here are so impressionable that when a mod or "popular" member posts something about a hot topic, you blindly follow with your pitchforks because it is the popular thing to do. 

Like tiberius said, there is hardly any constructive criticism posted, only memes/dismissals at first glance. Dont confuse caring about the competitive community and its well being with hateful comments and memes.

/jimmies rustled

I actually disagree (kind of). I think there has been a lot of good discussion going on lately. There has also been a lot of what you said, but if you sift through it you can find some pretty good stuff. Unfortunately, people have realized that in order to get those sweet internet points they must cleverly inject some meme/joke into their post. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I honestly think people are just overreacting to Roy's comment. We live in a society where people are easily offended.

I'm not trying to be mean or whatever but that's just my opinion

• Upvote (+1) 6

Just played t2, str8 sick, gilky, and beaver in playlist

Come on man, you can't just leave it at that. Were they good?

In saying "Age of PC my man", it seemed to be implied that you didn't agree with the concept.

Why would a rational human being agree with the concept? The concept is one of the stupidest things ever devised by human beings.

To elaborate on this thought: if you take a word or phrase out of context for the exclusive purpose of seeking out offense or claiming that you have somehow been offended, then you're a fucking idiot. Period.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Just want to say that I am very happy to see new names in the top team rosters. I like to see a mix of veteran and new players on teams.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why? What was he saying?

So apparently nV didn't play because @@Mikwen didn't wake up.

Mikwen, my dude :( </3

Had too much fun last night.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Come on man, you can't just leave it at that. Were they good?

no, they won but no they were not good.  t2 is diamon 1 and had accuracy of 39%.  The people i was playing with were just like a team of 4 random people, none of our official team mates, we had all just met today and we still held our own for part of the game.  We lost control once they got total control for the first time and couldnt recover.  I'd say it would have been close with my actual team, or people around mid onyx who practice together.

Obviously it was just one game and t2 just came back but ya, they seemed like a mid onyx team, so not great but definitely not a bad start

Was Roy's comment in-game the most of it? Or does it come up again later in the broadcast. Seemed heat of the moment and his team calmed him down, but unnecessary nonetheless.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was Roy's comment in-game the most of it? Or does it come up again later in the broadcast. Seemed heat of the moment and his team calmed him down, but unnecessary nonetheless.

I didn't go far in the broadcast but yeah like you said, his team calmed him down and it wasn't that serious. Just a small trash talk. Should he have said it on stream? No but that shit happens.

I actually disagree (kind of). I think there has been a lot of good discussion going on lately. There has also been a lot of what you said, but if you sift through it you can find some pretty good stuff. Unfortunately, people have realized that in order to get those sweet internet points they must cleverly inject some meme/joke into their post. 

oh for sure, didnt mean to loop everybody into that, i know it isnt everyone. For the record i love most of the memes and jokes(i post them myself) but where i draw the issue is using them to make fun of someone or some topic, then claiming its because "we care about the competitive halo community" and saying it is constructive criticism. And also "popular" members/mods posting negative things, and then have members BLINDLY follow and agree without informing themselves or giving anything a decent chance to succeed or fail. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I wouldn't say these guys are on the same level of witch hunting as Billy and Brad. Why settle for less than perfect?

Well Benson was on the witch hunt for  :beyond: ... it's only fair  :kappa: .

Nah but really, my constructive criticism for Benson--and I haven't watched the VOD yet keep in mind--but it's that he screams at events to try and get people hyped and it just doesn't work. He continually gets feedback after every CoD event to stop screaming, but he just keeps on doing it. I dunno, maybe that level of passion won't be reached because this will be his "secondary" game, but not listening to feedback is a worry. I hope he succeeds, though. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why would a rational human being agree with the concept? The concept is one of the stupidest things ever devised by human beings.

To elaborate on this thought: if you take a word or phrase out of context for the exclusive purpose of seeking out offense or claiming that you have somehow been offended, then you're a fucking idiot. Period.

I am not sure what you mean you say out of context. When Roy said it he obviously meant it as in insult. If he meant it as an insult then he must think they are lesser than himself for having that quality. I would understand why someone would be offended.

Now, does Roy actually think that? Who knows. I don't think this outburst should be used to judge that. He was just looking for something mean to say and it was the first thing to pop into his head. However, if he were to ever gain a mainstream size fan base then this is definitely something he should remove from his vocabulary. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Well Benson was on the witch hunt for  :beyond: ... it's only fair  :kappa: .

Nah but really, my constructive criticism for Benson--and I haven't watched the VOD yet keep in mind--but it's that he screams at events to try and get people hyped and it just doesn't work. He continually gets feedback after every CoD event to stop screaming, but he just keeps on doing it. I dunno, maybe that level of passion won't be reached because this will be his "secondary" game, but not listening to feedback is a worry. I hope he succeeds, though. 

Screaming from the casters? Pls no. I get agitated by casters that don't actually know anything about the game as it is I can't even imagine what would happen if they started yelling.

From my perspective, there a few things that Benson and them can do to improve the tournament broadcasts. I agree that they should talk to more pro players. Two play by play casters gets very boring, and talking to pros might be able to get at least one of them to offer more analysis. And they should definitely be using the time between matches to prepare something. What are the power weapons to watch out for on the map, what kind of thing can we expect these players to do off the rip. Shoot, I'll take a little bio information about one of the players or the teams if you don't have anything else to talk about. Just have something so that when they come back to you it doesn't look like you're getting caught with your pants down. Maybe move that GB Live Replay segment thing to after the break? Gives you time to have someone analyze the match so when you come back you can show a game changing play or the things that went into someone's overkill before getting into the next match.

It isn't that these guys aren't playing. Benson was opening packs during some of the downtime and i think he had over 100k req points. It just seems like it comes down to a lack of that game knowledge that they would have for COD. Honestly, I'd like to see Benson or the other guy (I think his name was Zach? No clue) play some customs with some pros. I think that would help them learn some of the finer parts of the game better. But we are still relatively early in the games life, so I'm sure their broadcast will improve. And I did see at least one person from the cod community in the chat asking about halo, so that could be good. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So back to HWC discussion.... It seems like Arena breakout may have a pretty good chance of replacing OG breakout in the competitive settings. I have seen a lot of people suggest some type of side switching being implemented into Arena breakout. My suggestion would would be switching sides after 4 rounds. This would be easier to  understand for the viewer IMO. If tied 4-4 then maybe switch every round/possibly two rounds until there is a winner. Thoughts?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I am not sure what you mean you say out of context. When Roy said it he obviously meant it as in insult. If he meant it as an insult then he must think they are lesser than himself for having that quality. I would understand why someone would be offended.

Now, does Roy actually think that? Who knows. I don't think this outburst should be used to judge that. He was just looking for something mean to say and it was the first thing to pop into his head. However, if he were to ever gain a mainstream size fan base then this is definitely something he should remove from his vocabulary. 

To say using the word "gay" in an insult means that Roy thinks homosexuals are lesser takes an enormous leap of faith that I don't think you could possibly substantiate.

That's what I mean when I say "out of context."

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4