CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

aside from str8, what team was he on?

Instinct's 2010 lineup, won two events and got 2nd at one.

The Agency in 07, consistently top 3-4 team but never made a finals.

I wouldn't say these guys are on the same level of witch hunting as Billy and Brad. Why settle for less than perfect?

I have nothing against the casters. I just really dislike it when two people both do play by play casting. They are both saying what is happening on screen. That's it. There's no depth.This was a big problem for me with the HCS at first. Bravo has really stepped up and gradually started to get into the color commentary role. Goldenboy play by play with Bravo doing color is perfect. It's not a witch hunt against these guys, it's more or less constructive criticism. They need to discuss the strategies, the players, the teams, etc.

But yeah, these guys can obviously only go up from here. I'm sure Benson will learn more about the game over time.

there's a clear double standard on the forums. i have thought of posting some constructive criticism regarding the casting from the beyond tournaments however I know I will get banned for it. however when it comes to bashing on benson or che chou it is open season on the forums.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Roy going in on Contra right now. This is great.

Why? What was he saying?

So apparently nV didn't play because @@Mikwen didn't wake up.

Mikwen, my dude :( </3

there's a clear double standard on the forums. i have thought of posting some constructive criticism regarding the casting from the beyond tournaments however I know I will get banned for it. however when it comes to bashing on benson or che chou it is open season on the forums.

You won't get banned, just don't be a dick :). If you need to, send your draft to a friend and let him edit it to make sure it comes off as constructive rather than bitching. You can send the draft to me if you'd like.

• Upvote (+1) 7

there's a clear double standard on the forums. i have thought of posting some constructive criticism regarding the casting from the beyond tournaments however I know I will get banned for it. 

No, that's ridiculous. We have rules in place and if you break them, the mods handle it. Not that hard to grasp.

Anyway, I run the tournaments and the broadcast. If you have any questions or concerns, you can PM me directly. I'd be happy to get your input and discuss it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why? What was he saying?

So apparently nV didn't play because @@Mikwen didn't wake up.

Mikwen, my dude :( </3

Anybody watching Contra just tuned in sounded pissed about something Roy said

Roy apparently doesn't really like Contra. Ruined their money 8's chat and stuff, doesn't like his attitude or personality or something, Roy called him the weirdest player to ever play halo, and there's a reason he always gets dropped. Contra started dming him stuff.

Am I the only person who is a little disappointed in Roy? I remember pros used to talk about him as the nicest kid in the league. I feel like him using a homophobic slur, talking shit throughout the series and telling his viewers to spam contra's chat seem a bit much. Maybe something real bad happened. Does anyone know?

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Am I the only person who is a little disappointed in Roy? I remember pros used to talk about him as the nicest kid in the league. I feel like him using a homophobic slur, talking shit throughout the series and telling his viewers to spam contra's chat seem a bit much. Maybe something real bad happened. Does anyone know?

It's the only time I've ever seen him do this. You can't like everyone. Guess he just needed to let it out.

• Upvote (+1) 4

@@NinjaWuu if you ever have questions, feel free to PM me. If you troll / mock staff, it will be removed and a potential ban is possible (as with anyone else on the forums).

As always guys, this is a community site, ran by people that do this out of the love for Halo and the community. Of course we will miss things, we are human.

I'm out right now but I'll be going through the thread later when I have the desktop tools appropriate.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I used to watch Roy's twitch all the time, he never did stuff like that. Always came across really polite and never talked bad about anyone. Weird.

I agree with everything but the bold.

cb208c4ec62f761e899b190d2870338a.png

This is not CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

"Doesn't do basic shit." "He's done this for years" "I'd rather have someone that knows what they're talking about" "I doubt they'll ever have the knowledge" "Have they even played the game?"

None of that is constructive.

Constructive criticism versions of the three above quotes would be...

"Benson should use breaks to better prepare his talking points for a game.  This would avoid getting off topic or looking like he's forced to improvise."

"These guys should try talking to pro players to get a better idea of how the game plays out competitively.  We need more analysis and less description."

No matter how valid your points are, when you coat them in vitriol, you remove any potential to be constructive.

I don't like Benson. I really don't see why MLG can't use halo casters. There are plenty of them right now.

It's the only time I've ever seen him do this. You can't like everyone. Guess he just needed to let it out.

Yeah, should probably give him the benefit of the doubt. Might be having a bad day or something.

Interesting... I've always really liked Roy and thought he was a super nice guy from watching his streams. I mean, I'm not surprised that he doesn't like Contra bc he does seem like a pretty unlikable person imo, but the homophobic slur and telling people to spam his chat is dumb/disappointing.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Didn't LBX also say or call someone the N word a few months back? I was honestly surprised ppl didnt spam the EG twitter account about it if he did. Now ROY called Contra that? Not really a good way for your top Halo team to act.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I guess none of you guys have ever been mad at someone and/or called someone a homophobic slur? lol

I'm sure most of us have at one point or another, but I think with the way things have changed in recent years, using homophobic slurs is just not something you throw around anymore. I don't speak for anyone but myself, but I just don't use the word anymore, as the implication behind it is just completely unnecessary.

That being said, Roy just probably got a bit heated. It's not as if he throws it around regularly. Hopefully something to learn from, at least.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Justus and Orbit joining Halo is great news. 

Who's teams are we waiting for to announce orgs?

Hysterias? Str8 sicks?

Also:

Untitled.png

:intel:  :prayers: